Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

My Release Week Experience! Meeting Taylor, GMA, Live on Letterman!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:31 AM

So I'm an Australian studying in North Carolina for a semester, and I purposely timed my exchange to be at this time of the year so I would get to be here for release week!

On the Monday morning, I knew GMA would be crazy so I decided to head straight to the Katie show. That was definitely the right decision! When I first got there, Taylor hadn't arrived yet and there was only one other fan there, Jaclyn who I actually had met on here! We were so excited being the only ones there, thinking that Taylor would have to come over to us. Well, just as she stepped her foot out of the car, a 10 or 15 paparazzi came out of no where and swarmed us. They were pushing us and the barricade, and most just ran straight in front of the barricade, completely blocking us from Taylor's view I had made a poster and so I held that up as high as I could and she did look over towards it so I hope she saw it. After she went in we decided to go to the other side of the door and the paps told us they would stay on this side if we moved over there. Little bit too late for that... Jaclyn and I aren't exactly the tallest girls in the world and they would've been able to stand right behind us to get their shots but oh well! So we set up at the front of the other barricade and waited. For a while we were still the only people there. At one point, Scott Borchetta walked right past us and I just said quietly to Jaclyn "Scott..?" and he heard and came back over to us. We took a photo with him and told him we love Red. More fans started showing up about half an hour after Taylor got there. We were waiting for a couple of hours and we all started singing Taylor songs. Eventually someone from ABC came out and filmed us all. They interviewed me and Jaclyn and apparently it's going to be up on their website! The videographer from Taylor's website also came out and took photos and videos, and asked me to say "I came from Australia for the release of Red!"

Shortly after this, Taylor finally came out! She looked like she was heading straight to the car but after the paps got a view shots, she came over to us. I was the first person she came to, and she signed my m&g photo that I was holding. I told her I was from Australia and she looked up and smiled and said "oh thank you." We held eye contact for a couple of seconds before she moved on. She signed Jaclyn's debut album cover and then went and signed for a couple of other people and only took one photo. I would've liked a photo with her but I do already have one so I'm fine with not getting one. Luckily I'm in the background of some of the paparazzi shots! After Taylor left, Andrea hung around so we went over to her and got a photo with her.

Next, we headed over to where SiriusXM was but it was crazy there. They didn't have any barricades set up which was ridiculous. The paparazzi were getting too close to Taylor as she walked in and she went straight inside without stopping. After this Jaclyn decided to head home and I went back to my hostel. I was planning on camping out from around 4pm in Times Square for the concert on Tuesday so I had to go get all my stuff and get ready for that! So I ended up getting to Times Square around 3:30-4pm and not long after, two of the girls I was planning to meet up with got there, Nicole and Jess. Jess was kind enough to grab a copy of the Target deluxe CD for me because she works at Target and I was so excited to finally have the actual CD in my hands! More of our group showed up and we decided to split into little groups throughout the line. There was literally no organisation to the camping out so no one had any idea of what was happening. There was lots of arguments from people cutting in line and people just being a bit cranky if they had camped out the night before too. Eventually security came and moved us into a proper line at midnight. We were all comfortable when at around 1 or 2am, they told us to all get up and moved us closer to the stage. We were really far back from the stage though and they set up some lights and a TV monitor in front of us. At this stage everyone was getting really angry, thinking we had camped out for nothing. Even though it was hours til the performance, people at the back were squishing us all so there was not a lot of room for us all to sit down. Plus there were some people fully lining down while others barely even had room to stand, ugh. At around 7am maybe they let all the VIPs into their section in front of the stage. After that, they decided to let some of us in to that section too! So since I was at the front of the barricade we got to go in. While we waited and during soundcheck, I kept moving my way up through the crowd to get closer to the stage. Finally during her performance I got to a point where I could move any closer. I had 2 tall men in front of me who were blocking my vision a lot but I had my camera and I held that up and mostly watched the performance through that. Taylor sounded flawless as usual and it was so cool seeing her perform in Times Square!! That's definitely a once in a lifetime experience for me.

After the concert I had to head back to my hostel and check out. All I wanted to do was sleep but unfortunately I only had time to shower and back up my stuff. I knew Taylor was going to be doing the interview with Letterman and the Live on Letterman concert but I didn't have tickets to either of them. Eventually I was able to get tickets from the girls who were tweeting about it. We were told to pick up the tickets from 4 - 6:30 so I decided to go as early as possible. I ended up being the 4th person in line waiting to get into the show. The Letterman people also filmed the fans and interviewed us. I'm nervous to see myself on all these interviews!! So at around 7pm, they started taking us in. However, they just grabbed the first 10 of us and put us in a separate section. We were told we were going to be the front row!! We all freaked out and got so excited. When we got inside the Ed Sullivan theatre, we were literally front row and center!! It was absolutely incredible being so close to the stage and to Taylor! I wanted to focus on the experience so I mostly only took photos when she was talking in between songs. She sounded flawless again as usual. After the show, the Letterman people took us back to where we waited to get in and then gave us all gift bags!! We got a 100ml bottle of Wonderstruck Enchanted, the 50ml bottle, the lotion, some of those fake tattoo things and 2 posters!! When we walked out we talked to some of the Elizabeth Arden reps who were there and that was so cool. After this I had to go to my hostel and pick up my luggage and then head to my friend's house where I was staying that night. I was so exhausted!! I fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow. I decided that I had already had an amazing experience and decided not to wait outside the View, if it meant another fan had the chance of meeting her instead.

So that's my release week (well, it was just two days really!) experience! It was so amazing and perfect, I still can't believe I got to see her perform twice in one day! It's the best week of my life, along with the week in March this year where I went to 5 shows in 6 days and met Taylor.

That's me with the long brown hair, red cardigan and blue dress!!

There's heaps more photos on my tumblr! lovinghimwasred.tumblr.com

Sigs made by me, please don't steal :-)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: My Release Week Experience! Meeting Taylor, GMA, Live on Letterman!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM

'Lucky you' is right!!
    -Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

Swiftie4EverAndAl

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM

THATS AWESOME. Congrats!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

So cool! Congrats!

Made my kerri.

Made

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM

One of my favourite stories!!!!

RE: My Release Week Experience! Meeting Taylor, GMA, Live on Letterman!

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Hey, this is a bit random, but what company do you do your exchange through? Haha, I'm really looking into doing a semester exchange in the US (: and CONGRATS on meeting Taylor! So jealous! (:

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:36 AM

OMG wow! That is totally AMAZING!

And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid...

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Great story ! Beautiful pictures ! Thanks for sharing .

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Swiftmeoffmyfeet wrote:
    Hey, this is a bit random, but what company do you do your exchange through? Haha, I'm really looking into doing a semester exchange in the US (: and CONGRATS on meeting Taylor! So jealous! (:

Mine is just through my university.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM

What a great couple of days :) Thanks for sharing. That paparazzi picture is pretty neat too, it looks a little like you were smiling and looking at the camera just in case they took a picture. It turned out good :)

Well done on having such a successful trip :)

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM

awesome!
    IncREDibly RED-dy for October 22nd:)

Made by: InMyBestRedDress

come on baby with me were gonna fly away, from here; RIP Ronan

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Ahh that is so awesome! I am so jealous!

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!
    I met Taylor Swift on October 7th 2012

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I'm so happy for you! I have one question, what camera did you use to take these pictures? Thanks

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Ccol! Glad a fellow Swiftie got to meet Scott, Andrea, and Taylor! I love reading these stories, think I'll go read a few more.. And then I'll daydream about what happens to me if I get to meet Taylor.
    ~spidergirl

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 5:40 AM

EleashaRox wrote:
    I have one question, what camera did you use to take these pictures? Thanks

It's a Pentax RZ18

Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Great pics :) Love it!
    Nicole, Taylor, and Kayden

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

amazing pics!!!
    ~if you're lucky enough to be special, don't ever change~

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:05 AM

that's awesome! :D

Thanks DancingAroundAllAlone for making me my signature.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.