Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Never EVER Give Up!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I've been lucky enough to see Taylor in person a few times, and if you've never met her, I can honestly say that she is the SWEETEST person ever!

The first time I saw Taylor in concert, my mom and I flew up to NJ for her concert with Keith Urban back in 2009. My mom and I ended up hanging out with one of the guys guarding the buses and, even though I didn't get to meet Taylor, the guy let my mom and I hang out in the pit section for Keith's portion of the concert. Oh, this was after I cried like a maniac upon seeing Taylor...in person...on stage...for the first time. Life officially changed.

The second time I saw Taylor is the day I frequently refer to as "The Best Day." I was finishing up my sophomore year at school in NC and actually had two finals on the concert day. I finished my last final in 12 minutes- I may have rushed a little to get to the concert!- and managed to make it to the venue around 12:30 in the afternoon. My parents and I were probably two of ten or fifteen cars there, tops. We parked right by the tour buses and settled in for an afternoon of waiting. In the weeks leading up to the concert, I had basically shunned school, friends, and a social life in order to draw a bunch of portraits for Tay and the Agency. I treated these things like they were my babies and I was so psyched to maybe, possibly just get the chance to hand them over to Tay's assistant. Well, as luck would have it, that's just what I did!

Her assistant came out once there were about 50 people hanging around and started giving out pit passes. By the time she got to me she was all out. Feeling just a tad discouraged I gave her the pictures anyway and asked if she might be able to pass them to Tay and the band. She told me she would.

Fast forward about ten minutes: I'm sitting with my parents when I hear everyone screaming. Assuming Taylor must've walked by, I sprint up to the buses and I see her assistant there. "Are you Sam?" I respond that yes, I am. She pulls me to the side and says that Andrea loved the pictures so much she said, "This girl needs to get meet-and-greet." She then says that she has two passes...one for me and one for my mom! She introduces herself to my parents and gives us the directions on when/where to meet and I try my best not to pass out.

A few hours later, my mom and I are standing in the meet-and-greet room with about 30 other people, gawking at the music video dresses and guitars when Taylor herself bounds into the room amid screams, gasps, and bouts of hysterical crying. Since my mom and I were towards the end of the line, I had some time to compose myself. As we were waiting, one of the assistants notices that I have a bunch of computer printouts in my hands (the original pictures I used for my drawings). She asks me why I have them and I explain it to her. Her response is "Oh, YOU'RE the girl who did the drawings!" Cue ridiculous smile on my face.

When I get up to Taylor, I hug her like my life depends on it and she hugs me back even tighter. My mom introduces herself as 'Mom,' to which Tay responds, "Hi, Mom!" I give her a bracelet I got in Verona, Italy (home of 'Romeo and Juliet') and another picture of her 'heart hands.' She's so gracious and complements me that I almost lose it. She tells me how she and the band were in her dressing room freaking out over the drawings and it literally makes my life to see her. We hug, get a picture, and I get to ask her a question that, just weeks before, I dreamt I asked her. I get choked up and, as she rubs my arm, I managed to ask, "Did you ever wonder if maybe you wouldn't make it as a singer?" As an aspiring songwriter/singer, this question was the most important I could ask. She responded by saying "Allllll the time. I used to be like, [in a whining voice] 'Mom, is this ever going to happen?'" We laugh and I tell her how much she means to me. She tells me she loves me and we hug again. After we get our autographs, I lose it. Thankfully, only the security guys see my mom and I bawl.

After my mom leaves because only I have a ticket for the show, I settle in on my floor seat. Later, during the show, I see two girls talking to Andrea in the middle of the floor by the sound booth/small stage area. I go over, introduce myself, and get a picture. When I see Tay's assistant, she tells Andrea who I am. Andrea then says, "Do you have all of your stuff? Do you want to watch the show from in here...I mean, unless you have better seats." I just about pee my pants in excitement and get to watch the rest of the show next to Taylor's mom. I even got another hug when Taylor walked around the center stage area after she performed there. I closed out that night on cloud nine by thanking Andrea and Tay's assistant and proceeded to make my friends green with envy over all of my luck.

I haven't met Tay in person again, but at the second to last show I went to in NC last year, I got to be in the pit (thanks to more drawings and some awesome people I met at the show- we bonded in the pouring rain while we waited 12 hours to see Tay!) and I repayed them by getting us all into the small stage area again where we ALL got hugs. As Taylor hugged me, she said, "You look so pretty!" I was wearing red lipstick in her honor and told her she always looks pretty and that I love her! I got to get my picture with Andrea that night again, as well as the following night at Tay's other NC show!

Here's hoping my luck with be just as great for RED!

This is possibly/probably the longest post in the history of Taylor Connect but I figured y'all could appreciate the wonder that is Tay. If you haven't met her, keep trying! She really does love us all and wants to meet every one of us! I have faith your BEST DAY will come, too!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Never EVER Give Up!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I love your story, youi are so lucky you got to meet Taylor!

Once a Swifty, always a Swifty.

Re: Never EVER Give Up!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This is an absolutley gorgeous story! Congratulations :)

1) Thankyou to playfulconversations13 2) Me :)

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

EmySwifty4Ever wrote:

Thank you, so much! I love that this place lets Swifties support each other! P.S., I ADORE your signature. That is one of the coolests gifs I've ever seen!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Outbackswiftie13 wrote:

Thank you!!!! And, judging by your picture, CONGRATULATIONS to you, too!!! You look beautiful :)

RE: Never EVER Give Up!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I love your story
    Hi, Im sydneyknight13.
    I am a singer-songwriter who plays the guitar. My dream is so become a sucsessful country pop singer like Taylor. My lucky number is 13. In my victory, just remember me, when i make it shine. Twitter username: @sydneyknight13

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

This is great! I will defiantly remember this one. wonderful story :)

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM

sydneyknight13 wrote:
    I love your story
    Hi, Im sydneyknight13.
    I am a singer-songwriter who plays the guitar. My dream is so become a sucsessful country pop singer like Taylor. My lucky number is 13. In my victory, just remember me, when i make it shine. Twitter username: @sydneyknight13

Thank you! You're a singer-songwriter, too?! That's AWESOME! There can never be enough musicians in the world, in my opinion.

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Lexingtonky13 wrote:
    This is great! I will defiantly remember this one. wonderful story :)

Aww, thanks so much! I appreciate that other Swifties can get my obsession- I'm the weird one in my group for being so into her songs!

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

samiam07 wrote:
    Outbackswiftie13 wrote:

Thank you!!!! And, judging by your picture, CONGRATULATIONS to you, too!!! You look beautiful :)

THANKYOU SO MUCH for saying that! Your picture is gorgeous too!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM

samiam07 wrote:
    EmySwifty4Ever wrote:

Thank you, so much! I love that this place lets Swifties support each other! P.S., I ADORE your signature. That is one of the coolests gifs I've ever seen!

Thank you so much! you are so sweet! I love that about TC, too!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM

WOW that story is amaazzzingggg you're so lucky!!!! :')

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

LOVEisfearlesssss wrote:
    WOW that story is amaazzzingggg you're so lucky!!!! :')

THANK YOU! It was such a highlight of my life that getting to share it lets me re-live it!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Amazing story

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I'm not giving up! Thanks! Congrats!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM

tswiftnation13 wrote:

I actually have one story of my own, but I haven't actually been able to talk to Taylor, get a picture with her, or hug her. she just signed my CD- it was last year on Good morning America when she was on to promote Wonderstruck. I woke up at 4 AM, jumped in my car, drove 20 minutes to pick up my friend that I was going with, and on the way to her house, raided the nearby 7-11 for a croissant and coffee. I got to the city and there were already massive amounts of people outside the studio, and as luck would have it, I got positioned right next to the barricade (the interview was outside) I was wearing my "I Knit sweaters, yo!" T-shirt, but the GMA staff had wanted me to put on a purple Wonderstruck one so I did anyway just to humor them. I was also wearing my "13" hat. For all of you Jersey Swifties at the Prudential Center Speak Now tour- you'll know what that is, and I pride myself on being the only swiftie (to my knowledge) that has one. For those of you that don't, it's a wire coat hanger that I had fitted with brackets to accomidate three glow sticks to form the number 13. So Taylor walks down the aisle, stopping to sign stuff along the way, and she was directly in front of me when I yelled "TAYLOR!" she turned around and her eyes LIT UP. As per the song Tim Mc Graw, her blue eyes do shine. she looks at me and smiles and was like "Oh my gosh hiii! thank you so much for coming! I love your hat, thats' awesome!" I hand her my CD booklet and she signs it, and then says "Thank you for being such a great fan! I Know I'll see you again, and I can't wait!" with this, my hands started shaking uncontrollably. I look over at my friend, almost about to hyperventilate and ask her "Is it normal for me to be shaking like this?" best day ever.
    -13 TAYLOR ROCKS-13

NEW JERSEY SWIFTIE!

Taylor, Taylor look at me. I'm a Jersey Swiftie EMT!

[ img ] http://oi50.tinypic.com/2nukemx.jpg [ / img ]

Graphics courtesy of Brooker27

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I love your guys's stories. I hope we all get the chance to meet her some day :)

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Tobi wrote:
    I love your guys's stories. I hope we all get the chance to meet her some day :)

As I said.. I don't know if her signing my CD counts as me "Meeting" her.. but I've entered a few of the RED contests, so let's see where it goes. wish me luck! hopefully I'll have another story here soon.

-13 TAYLOR ROCKS-13

NEW JERSEY SWIFTIE!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM

ForeverAndAlwaysATaylorSwiftie wrote:
    Amazing story

Thank you!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM

tswiftnation13 wrote:

Definitely don't give up! I bet that she'd love to meet you and would probably be very sad if you gave up!

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:44 PM

NJtayfan wrote:
    tswiftnation13 wrote:

I actually have one story of my own, but I haven't actually been able to talk to Taylor, get a picture with her, or hug her. she just signed my CD- it was last year on Good morning America when she was on to promote Wonderstruck. I woke up at 4 AM, jumped in my car, drove 20 minutes to pick up my friend that I was going with, and on the way to her house, raided the nearby 7-11 for a croissant and coffee. I got to the city and there were already massive amounts of people outside the studio, and as luck would have it, I got positioned right next to the barricade (the interview was outside) I was wearing my "I Knit sweaters, yo!" T-shirt, but the GMA staff had wanted me to put on a purple Wonderstruck one so I did anyway just to humor them. I was also wearing my "13" hat. For all of you Jersey Swifties at the Prudential Center Speak Now tour- you'll know what that is, and I pride myself on being the only swiftie (to my knowledge) that has one. For those of you that don't, it's a wire coat hanger that I had fitted with brackets to accomidate three glow sticks to form the number 13. So Taylor walks down the aisle, stopping to sign stuff along the way, and she was directly in front of me when I yelled "TAYLOR!" she turned around and her eyes LIT UP. As per the song Tim Mc Graw, her blue eyes do shine. she looks at me and smiles and was like "Oh my gosh hiii! thank you so much for coming! I love your hat, thats' awesome!" I hand her my CD booklet and she signs it, and then says "Thank you for being such a great fan! I Know I'll see you again, and I can't wait!" with this, my hands started shaking uncontrollably. I look over at my friend, almost about to hyperventilate and ask her "Is it normal for me to be shaking like this?" best day ever.
    -13 TAYLOR ROCKS-13

NEW JERSEY SWIFTIE!

THAT'S AWESOME! And what are you talking about?! That TOTALLY counts as meeting her! I'm originally from NJ, too, so I like your story even more!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.