1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The best day of my life!

Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

On October 28th, 2011, my biggest dream came true. I got to meet Taylor Swift! Let me start from the beginning...HI! I'm Emma, and I live in Chicago, Illinois. I have 2 sisters (who are also taylor fans) And 2 brothers. My younger brother, Sean (age 10), has severe autism. He can only say a few words at a time. Sometimes, he will go days without saying a word. One day, I was playing Taylor's 'Fearless' in my room. Sean came in, and stood in my doorway listening. Suddenly, he walked in, and started dancing. I danced with him, and it was such a beautiful moment. After that day, one of the only times we get to hear his beautiful voice is when he sings 'Fearless.' here is a video of him singing it-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HB0bdc-gM . A week before we met Taylor, I saw a thread on this forum about her Wonderstruck tour. I immediately begged my mom to go. The only problem was, the closest one was in Nashville, TN. 10 hours away. I begged for 3 days and finally got my mom to call belk, where Taylor was going to meet fans. My mother told the wonderful people on the phone about my brother, and me, and how much we wanted to meet Taylor. They said that we could get Tickets, but we would have to wait in line, in Nashville, the next morning, and be one of the first people there to get tickets. Not a chance. I was crushed, feeling like my dream would never come true. The next day, after school, my parents called a 'family meeting.' They took out the video camera, and said to me "Emma, you know the wonderstruck tour?" I replied with "YES!" my mother said "Well, the manager of Belk called this morning. One of the employees waited in line for us, and you all get to meet Taylor Swift!" I was shocked. How kind, sweet, and amazing that mystery person was, to wait in line for us. I sobbed out of joy for an hour. Packed, and we hit the road. I found out on the drive there, that my parents paid $150 for my 2 sisters and I to meet Taylor, but Taylor's manager was letting my brother meet her for free! Time flew by. After a whirlwind of 10 hours, we were in Nashville. The next morning, we got dresses in our sparkly dresses, and headed to belk. We waited in line for 6 hours, before Taylor arrived. My 7 year old sister met her first. Followed by me. I told Taylor our story, and how much she meant to me. She also said she "was so sorry about my arm" which was in a cast because I needed major wrist surgery for a bone disease. We hugged, took a picture, and she said she loved me. I immediately went over to Taylor's mother, who was talking to my mother the whole time. After my other sister met Taylor, it was sean's turn. Sean was scared to go out of his stroller, so Taylor went down to him. She talked to him longer than she talked to anyone in the whole store. She said things to him like "I love you SO much" and "you are such a good boy." She kissed him twice! It was SO cute. IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! I LOVE YOU TAYLOR!!!
PS: Thank you all for reading! I know it was long! :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The best day of my life!

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM

That's the sweetest story ever, congratulations!!! (:
    We will be remembered..
    8/6/11 Speak Now Tour, Philadelphia, PA

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM

awwww congrats!
    I would be ENCHANTED to meet Taylor

Swiftie for life

all together we have SWIFTIE POWERS

PLEASE READ MY BLOGS
    love: Sammie :)

October 22 the world will be totally RED

"When you think Taylor Swift i hope you think of me"

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Awesome, and God bless! (:

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM

That's SO amazing! Congrats!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM

seeing Taylor in concert

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM

That is so sweet Taylor is suck a sweet kind hearted person. I love her!
    Kel

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I'm so happy for you and your family to meet Taylor.
    And also, I'm sad because of your brother! I hope things get better, and God bless!

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Taylor is such a kind, sweet person and this proves it entirely. I hope things with your brother are OK.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:33 AM

how sweet of taylor and I'm glad you got to meet taylor !! :)

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Thanks everyone! It was truly amazing!!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

So Awesome!
    XOXO,
    Ally

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

that is such a beautiful story! i watched the video! thats is truely amazing
    follow your dreams and be different every day:)
    be like a book ,open up and enjoy
    and always smile ,laugh,dream and love
    smiles
    mia

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thanks guys!

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

what a good story
    Taylor Swift

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

purplejenny wrote:
    what a good story
    Taylor Swift

Thanks.

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

That is literally the sweetest thing ever. The fact that the mystery person waited in line for you and let your brother go in for FREE is a miracle! I am so happy for you!

Wonderful avi made by DancingAroundAllAlone (:

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

fearlesslyinlove wrote:
    That is literally the sweetest thing ever. The fact that the mystery person waited in line for you and let your brother go in for FREE is a miracle! I am so happy for you!

Wonderful avi made by DancingAroundAllAlone (:

I know! I really want to know who the mystery person was... hmmm.

Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

cute story!

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Congrats!!!