Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

October 13th 2011 - The night things changed.

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

For as long as I could remember, I had one dream. One goal. One mission. To meet Taylor. I had tried just about everything and had no luck. I was started to feel like everyone around me was meeting her, and that I never would. Then Wonderstruck launch week came. I got an email from Good Morning America about them inviting me to see Taylor on 10/13, I started bawling my eyes out. It was a moment you only dreamed out. So I wrote back that I would love to come and I told them the number of passes I would need. It turns out that they had sent out the wrong email address at first, so I kept getting an "error" message back. I started freaking out. I needed to see her. By the time they switched the email, I wrote back and never got a letter from them. I must have been too late. I was determined that I WOULD make my dream come true, maybe it wasn't the right time.

I had heard about the Wonderstruck Macy's Launch and told my mom about it, but we both decided that it would be a longshot. We figured that hundreds and hundreds of fans would show up and we'd spend a lot of traveling money and miss school. The whole school day when the passes were being given out, I felt like I had a made a mistake. Why hadn't I even tried?! I came home from school and went up in my room and bawled my eyes out feeling like I had missed my chance, missed my one shot. My mom called Macy's Herald Square and asked if they still had passes. We were SO shocked when they said they did, she asked if they could hold some and they told her "no". My mom got of the phone and said "We should go." I swear, no one has ever done anything like this for me. I started freaking out but didn't want to get my hopes up because I knew that the passes might be sold out by the time we got there. (The drive is pretty long!).

We were driving in the car and I don't think I stopped praying for one second. After a few hours we arrived in NYC, at like 8pm at night, with just me, my mom, and my sister. We sprinted through the streets and when we finally got to Macy's we found the perfume department. This EXTREMELY nice worker found us and asked if we were looking for the Taylor Swift meet and greet passes. My mom asked if they still had them and when he said yes, I lost it. I tried SO hard not to freak out because the store is really high class! I didn't wanna look like a fool, but I couldn't hold it in... because everything I had ever worked for was about to come true.

The next day ( meet and greet day!!!!) I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't believe I was actually going to talk to the girl that changed my life. I had planned out what I was going to say, had a letter for her, and was all ready to go. Waiting in that meet and greet line was so surreal. Because for SO many years I was the one who dreamed about standing in that line, and now it was actually happening. When I finally turned the corner and saw her standing there, I lost it.. (as usual haha!). I started hyperventilating, my mom was scared I would faint! hahah! When it was finally my turn I walked up to her and she said "How are you?!" and I literally could not speak. Nothing came out. Then we hugged and I looked at her and said "I love you so much" and she said "I love you too!". We then took the photo and I turned to her and said what I had wanted to tell her for the longest time; "Thank you for everything you've ever done". Saying thank you to her means so much because I really do have so much to be thankful for. She's helped me get through so much, she's helped me find who I am, she's help me in ways no one else has. Then she said to me "I love you, you're adorable." We hugged again, and then she said "I'm so happy you came!". Those last few words mean so much to me, she's happy I came, happy I showed up, happy that I was part of the launch for her. And I will be forever grateful for that day.

For all of you guys reading this, thank you. It means so much that would want to hear my story. And for all of you guys who've never met Taylor I encourage you to never ever ever give up on it. I use to never think that this would happen to me and it did. So please never give up. You never know what might happen.
?8.29.09 ?3.19.10 ?10.26.10 ? 8.6.11? 10.13.11 ? 11.21.11?

"I think things get better, and I think that good things come back around, and I think that things change" -Taylor Swift ?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: October 13th 2011 - The night things changed.

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I'm so happy you got that lucky and they had passes left for you!
    She seem so genuine and amazing. I'm glad you got to meet her.

"When it's real, you can't walk away"
    3.8.11 - 3.9.11 - 11.22.11 - best days of my life!

cred to: ShiningLikeFireworks13

Re: October 13th 2011 - The night things changed.

Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

EmmySweden22 wrote:
    I'm so happy you got that lucky and they had passes left for you!
    She seem so genuine and amazing. I'm glad you got to meet her.

"When it's real, you can't walk away"
    3.8.11 - 3.9.11 - 11.22.11 - best days of my life!

cred to: ShiningLikeFireworks13

Thanks so much! :)

8.29.09 3.19.10 10.26.10 8.6.11 10.13.11 11.21.11

"I think things get better, and I think that good things come back around, and I think that things change" -Taylor Swift

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Moments like that are ones that you will have forever! I am so glad you were able to have that experience and meet her! You deserved that!
    "It's got vanilla, and amber and freesia. Also, notes of peach, and, and also raspberry." - Taylor on Wonderstruck

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM

JTMASTER13 wrote:
    Moments like that are ones that you will have forever! I am so glad you were able to have that experience and meet her! You deserved that!
    "It's got vanilla, and amber and freesia. Also, notes of peach, and, and also raspberry." - Taylor on Wonderstruck

Thank you VERY much! :)

"I think things get better, and I think that good things come back around, and I think that things change" -Taylor Swift

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

You're so lucky!!!! Im like, really jealous right now. You deserved it, and Im really happy for you. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------

*Forever and always a Swiftie!*

~May the odds be ever in your favor!~

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM

sweet sweet superstar...
    she is the love of my life....
    "this is wrong but... I cant help but feel like there ain't nothin' more right babe...."
    whooaaa... so the song superstar is like the story of my love life... as far as Taylor Swift goess... hopelessly romantic.... yes that might be the right term...
    "Im no one special... just another wide eyed girl" who's desperately in love with Taylor Swift.... if only she knew I existed...
    :) mediochre smile.... but Im stoked that you met her :)
    ella Swift

Image by Cool Text: Free Logos and Buttons - Create An Image Just Like This

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I saw your story on YouTube as well!!! I love it!!! That's probably how I would react too!! Haha congrats!! You so deserved it :) :) :)

Sig: TanyaxOh :)

^^Made be Me!!

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

gottaloveswift13 wrote:
    I saw your story on YouTube as well!!! I love it!!! That's probably how I would react too!! Haha congrats!! You so deserved it :) :) :)

Sig: TanyaxOh :)

^^Made be Me!!

You saw the video?!?! That's so cool!!! Thank you! :)

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I would be totally in shock too that they had the passes!!
    Congrats on meeting Taylor and great story. I was watching part of the meet & greet live and it was great to see some of the fans get to meet her :)

Can you please vote for my school here?^ It's Paul Laurence Dunbar (lexington KY). I will do anything for you!

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Amazing story! Im so happy for you!!! xxx

www.youtube.com/SafeAndSoundSwifties

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM

SafeAndSoundSwifties wrote:
    Amazing story! Im so happy for you!!! xxx

www.youtube.com/SafeAndSoundSwifties

Thank you so so so much. :)

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Lexingtonky13 wrote:
    I would be totally in shock too that they had the passes!!
    Congrats on meeting Taylor and great story. I was watching part of the meet & greet live and it was great to see some of the fans get to meet her :)

Can you please vote for my school here?^ It's Paul Laurence Dunbar (lexington KY). I will do anything for you!

Thank you!!!:)

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Love this story!! :)
    Congratulations, you deserved it :)

OFFICIAL PERTH SWIFTIE

RE: October 13th 2011 - The night things changed.

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 7:06 AM

This made me smile so much! Your mom sounds awesome. So happy you got to meet her. :)
    https://twitter.com/beckyysullivan

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

BeckyS wrote:
    This made me smile so much! Your mom sounds awesome. So happy you got to meet her. :)
    https://twitter.com/beckyysullivan

Thanks SO much! My mom really is!! I could never thank her enough for making my dream a reality.

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

such an amazing story

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I wish I got to meet her!!!!!!!! You're soooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! You have NOOOO idea!

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

you are so very lucky

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM

TaylorFan97 wrote:
    I wish I got to meet her!!!!!!!! You're soooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! You have NOOOO idea!

I actually do know. This has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I hope one day you get to meet her too!! :)

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Thats amazing! Congrats!

Made my kerri.

Made by Ours13.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.