1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Why I Want To Meet Taylor Swift

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I was going through my blog looking for something and I found this that I typed up last fall.
It's pretty personal, but if you read it I will love you forever.

A lot of people want to meet her because she’s their favorite singer, she’s famous, they think it would be cool, etc. If she was some random girl who had done what she has for my life I would still want to meet her. It has nothing to do with her being famous. At all.

When I was growing up I lived and breathed dancing. It was my absolute everything, 18 hours a week, when I wasn’t there I wished I was. It was actually because of dance that I first heard of Taylor, I saw a group use one of her songs in a competition, and from then on I was a fan. I never got to see her in concert when she was starting out because my life revolved around dance. I was out of town or at practice every weekend and every week night. But I bought the albums, a t shirts, a few magazines, and would watch when she was on tv. Here was this girl who was my age, who was accomplishing what I had once dreamt of doing. I knew from day one there was something special about her, but I never knew just how much she would change my life.

I went to college in 2008 and I left studio dance life. I made my college dance team, which was the accomplishment in my life that I was, and still am most proud of. I finally achieved something dance related that wasn’t with groups, it was all on me. It wasn’t perfect, I missed competitive dance, and was forced into being more of a cheerleader, I didn’t get to do lyrical or musical theater, but I was dancing. I loved the people, I was living a dream I had worked towards since I was in 7th grade. Taylor wasn’t always the focus that year, school and college life, on top of dance team kind of took over, but one day my mom called and asked if I wanted to go see her and Kellie in Charlotte the following September, there wasn’t a game that day, and I jumped on the chance.

You had to try out for dance team each year and I was determined to make the team that was mainly juniors and seniors with a few sophomores and freshman for the next year. I would go to the gym and practice for hours, my coaches hadn’t given me many specifics to work on just complimented my technique. Tryouts roll around. I didn’t make it past the first day. I had gotten farther the year before on a torn muscle in my leg. Needless to say I was crushed, beyond crushed. Devastated. How was that even possible? I went back to my room, called my parents in tears, and my mom ended up driving 3 hours that night to come stay with me. That night we went out to eat and after avoiding it for a while we finally talked about what happened. We sat their and cried, but I remember telling her how I knew everything happened for a reason, and somehow something good would come out of this. I didn’t know what and I definitely didn’t understand it but that was the only way I could deal with the situation.The next day my mom took me to shopping to help take my mind off everything that had happened. That day, coincidentally, I bought an outfit to wear to Taylor’s show. The whole situation looking back on it is almost straight out of The Best Day, except I wasn’t 13.

I went home for summer and then headed to the camp I worked at for most of the summer. I was still upset about the whole situation, but I hid it. People knew something was wrong, I wasn’t the same person at all, but I was too embarrassed to tell anyone what had happened. I couldn’t bare for anyone to know that I wasn’t good enough. I dealt with a lot of self confidence issues that summer, I was teaching dance at camp, but I didn’t feel qualified to do that at all. Somehow I made it through though. I was going to go to the fall tryouts and make the team then. I convinced myself that I didn’t make it in the spring so that I wouldn’t have the summer commitment and I could be at camp. When I went back to school however, is when I really saw what I was missing. I lived with people who were still on the team and I had to watch them go to practice. I sat in my room at night, with free time for the first time since Elementary school. I had no idea what to do. I hated it. The first football game was a Thursday night game. It was my first game not on dance team, it was horrible. I had to watch everyone on the field. That was supposed to be me. I love football but I hated every minute of that game. The next day I drove home with my parents for labor day weekend, my mom and I listened to Taylor’s cd the whole way there. Then that Saturday we went to her show. I hadn’t looked at anything about the tour, just heard that it was amazing from people had been to other shows. I didn’t know that that night would change my life.

I could feel the connection she had with the crowd, all her personal stories about growing up, feeling like an outsider, etc really hit home. Then she started to sing “Change”. You’ve probably heard the speech that she did during that song on the Fearless Tour, well every word of that was what I needed to hear. “I know that this has been a tough year for a lot of people…someone broke your dreams….i think that things change” The lyrics “i believe in whatever you do”. It was like it was meant for me. I found out later that she hadn’t sang that song at other shows around that time. But she sang it that night. I can’t explain it, but I was meant to be there and to hear it. I would replay the videos on my camera, paid attention to lyrics like “i’ve found time can heal most anything and you just might find who you’re supposed to be” and the fearless quote. This girl understood me, it was all going to be ok. I had a sense of confidence and of understanding that I hadn’t felt before.

I listened to her music the entire ride back to school. Two days later I went and tried out for dance team again. It was the single hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. To go face the coaches who had hurt me so badly, to face my old teammates, who I was embarrassed to see. I listened to Change on repeat until I went for the audition. I didn’t make it that time either, I don’t think they ever gave it a thought, they never once said hi to me or anything. After a year of doing everything they asked. I was pretty upset again, and it was a difficult couple of months.

But I kept listening to Change. I knew things would turn around, I just had to get through it. That was the fall of 2009. She gave me things to look forward to, tv appearances, awards shows, Fearless Platinum edition. I knew if I could make it a few days, there would be something good. I lived vicariously through her successes that fall. I lost a lot of good friends that year and it was a real transition period in my life. But Taylor was there through everything. I was trying to decide what to do with my life and who I wanted to become. There was a song for everything. I became involved in the Taylor fan base a lot more that year, tumblr, forums, etc.She announced the 2010 leg of the tour and I knew I had to go again. I bought tickets for my mom and I to go again. I made my mom a scrapbook that I called “The Best Day’ with all the pictures from the show and the tickets at the end and gave it to her for Christmas. I’ve never been that excited to give someone a gift. We both cried that Christmas morning, even before she saw the tickets.

That show was exactly a year after I got cut from the team. My mom drove 3 hours to be with me that weekend as well, except this time it was for a good thing. I had known for months that I just wanted to thank Taylor for that night, for singing Change and helping me through what is easily one of the most difficult things I’ve ever went through. I entered every contest I could find, but nothing. I made a poster with the hopes of getting T Party, and was out by the buses at 9am after being at Carrie Underwood’s show 2 hours away the night before. That night Nashville flooded and Taylor was flown straight home so there was no T Party. But I had gotten seats in the section where she came to sing Hey Stephen, and made my way to the aisle before the song. I was about 3 feet away the whole time and I got a hug at the end. It was still a magical night. I gave Lauren my letter with the story thanking Taylor and I really felt like she read it, I still don’t know for sure though. I can still remember sitting in the car in the parking lot leaving that night, listening to The Best Day and crying with my mom. That song describes our relationship so well, and I am so lucky to have her.

Since then I have been lucky enough to see Taylor a few more times, but I still just want to thank her. I’ve sent my story in countless fan projects, tried to give her the letter multiple times. I hope she’s read it, I feel like she has, but I just want to know. I feel like I owe her so much, a simple Thank You is the least I can do. I honestly don’t know where I would have been without her music, I had some really rough days, thought of things that are completely uncharacteristic for me, and I don’t know what could have happened. It’s probably difficult for you to understand, people say it was just dance, it’s not that big of a deal. But it was my everything, and to this day I still miss it.

I can see the reason behind what I had to go through, I have new goals, new career aspirations, and new passions. I’m thankful for what I went through because I know I am a stronger person today. I just truly hope that one day I have the opportunity to thank the girl who changed my life more than anyone else.

And if you actually read all of this Thank YOU. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Why I Want To Meet Taylor Swift

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I hope you get to meet her soon!
    Swiftie forever!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Thanks FearlesslyEnchanted!

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I really... REALLY hope you get to meet her and thank her in person one day!! It's amazing how she literally helps people she has never met! I hope that Taylor did read your letter because she should know the impact she has on her fans!

Re: Why I Want To Meet Taylor Swift

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM

FamilyofSwiftFans wrote:
    I really... REALLY hope you get to meet her and thank her in person one day!! It's amazing how she literally helps people she has never met! I hope that Taylor did read your letter because she should know the impact she has on her fans!

Thank you! It is crazy how much she can impact lives. I envy that kind of power, for lack of a better word.

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM

WOW that is truly amazing I spent the past few minutes re-reading this and all I have to say is WOW. I know how hard it is to meet taylor and i am really close.but you know you really are a true fan.I GIVE YOU PROPS oh and would you mind being my friend on taylor connect im new and i would really appreciate it.

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Wow. Thats such an amazing story. I really hope you meet her one day
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

^Jordyn and Songbird13

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Wow! That was such an amazing story!! It almost made me cry. You deserve to meet her someday!!!

Sig 1:Swiftlookalike Sig 2:Ours13 Avi:Allyouareismean

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I want to meet Taylor Swift because we were born in the same hospital!! The reading hospital in Pennsylvania. Taylor is my biggest inspiration. She touches me SO much. I love all of her songs! I'm the biggest swiftie in my school, because I asked a few about lucky you, permanent marker, and other unreleased and they never heard of them. They don't even know cold as you, a perfectly good heart, and more!! Read about my biggest dream on catparade.weebly.com go to favorite Taylor songs blog and read!
    Every time you smile, I'll smile, and every time you shine, I'll shine for you.

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM

SuperSwiftie wrote:
    I want to meet Taylor Swift because we were born in the same hospital!! The reading hospital in Pennsylvania. Taylor is my biggest inspiration. She touches me SO much. I love all of her songs! I'm the biggest swiftie in my school, because I asked a few about lucky you, permanent marker, and other unreleased and they never heard of them. They don't even know cold as you, a perfectly good heart, and more!! Read about my biggest dream on catparade.weebly.com go to favorite Taylor songs blog and read!
    Every time you smile, I'll smile, and every time you shine, I'll shine for you.

That's awesome that you were born in the same hospital as her!

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Just found this post and teared up reading it. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I wrote this. I have a whole file of letters and blog posts similar to this. All this feeling and emotion is still there. I'll never forget what Taylor has done for me and I don't think anyone will ever be able to comprehend the impact she's had on my life.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxh3j4QDDb1qzl4vco1_500.jpg

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM

You deserve to meet Taylor. And I hope you do. Because you are a true Swiftie, you have changed in a good way because of Tay, and that's the effect she wants. So for it to happen to you, well, it's what needed to happen ;)

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Wow this story really moved me! I hope that you meet Taylor, I really do! You totally deserve after all your effort.
    I will be RED on October 22

^Made by me!!