1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

T-PARTY 12TH MARCH MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I got to meet Taylor after her first melbourne concert so here is my story :D

I originally only had floor tickets with my friend Rachel to the Tuesday (13th March) concert but about a week before i was talking to my best friend Carissa and she was so upset that she couldnt afford a ticket as she has loved Taylor since before her songs were even available in australia so i ended up buying us 2 tickets to monday night and we ended up sitting on the upper level of Rod Laver arena about 6 rows from the back.
Despite being far away we had an amazing view
In the week leading up the concert I honestly saw 13 everywhere. The best before date on the milk i brought, time on my receipts, getting 13 twice on the lucky 13 game here on TC haha, seing posts that were 13 or 113 minutes ago; basically everywhere i turned there was a 13.
I had already finished my outfit which i planned to wear to the show on the 13th but decided to wear it the first night instead. Its a sailor outfit covered in diamontes (They spell taylor on the back of the skirt, a bunch of 13's on the back, all around the edges and some dotted all over the front), glitter glue (I wrote the titles to all her songs around the bottom of the skirt) and EL Wire (wire that lights up and is attached to a battery pack. It can stay on or flash. I had 6 meters on my outfit; spelling out swift on the front, fearless on my back and around the top and middle of the outfit. I also had 2.5 meters of fairy lights around the bottom of the skirt).
I made a sign in the shape of Australia, filled it with pictures of Taylor and oulined the outside in green EL wire to make it stand out. I wrote AUSTAYLOR at the top in glitter.
I had a sailor hat that spelled out Sailor Swift in gold diamontes on the front.

Carissa and I had a hotel room booked for the night so once we arrived there (1pm) we wanted to start getting ready straight away but thought it was too early so we went city wandering for about an hour, got gelati and came back to get ready as we were so excited.
The wire started to fall off my dress because id tried it on so many times since hot glueing it on so I had to reglue it all back on which took awhile.
Finally we jumped in a taxi and headed off to the arena. There were heaps of people already lined up to get in and security kept yellng at them to stop pushing and no running when they opened the gates but we made it in safely eventually; had our photo taken at the photobooth and Carissa got her makeup done at Covergirl then we ran inside the arena to our seats.
Hot Chelle Rae were so good! I'd seen them before when they opened for Boys Like Girls but they sounded really different in the arena.
But i really just wanted to see Taylor.
Then i heard American Girl come on so i jumped out of my seat, turned my lights on and got ready to scream.
She was more amazing than I expected. Id never seen her live before and she just blew my mind! Her voice was perfect and sounded almost exactly the same as on CD.
I cant say I wasnt hoping to be picked for T-Party but with 20,000 or so people I knew it was a long shot so i tried not to think about it at all. I danced to every song, i didnt even sit down when she was on stage and I was too excited to take photos. I saw some people being let into the mini stage area a few songs before speak now and Id been told by someone that if they do that it means theres no t-party so at the point i stopped thinking about it completely.
I was really jealous when I saw that she hugged all the people that were let in there haha I wished I could go down there.
Then she started singing Dear John.
Carissa and I were singing it so loud and we were the only people standing and dancing in our whole section.
A lady walked past me then into the empty seats behind me (those people had moved a few rows back as their daughter couldnt see over me as im very tall); she tapped me on the shoudler.
Then she said 'now dont scream but...' and i realised who she was and i just froze.
Carissa looked at me like whats happening, why do you have a weird look on your face? Then she asked 'have you ever met taylor?' and i said no she said 'do you know what the t-party is?' and i said YES!
just at that moment Taylor sang "shining like fireworks over your sad empty town and the fireworks went off; it was an amazing moment.
when the crowd was quiet Gabby put our wristbands on and explained that we had to be at an exit door on the floor before the finale finished and told us we better not stop dancing; then she left.
Carissa was like 'omg whats happening? what did she say?" so i told her and she freaked out. Our legs were shaking so we stayed sitting down until Taylor came back on with her next song.
We sang long live so loud then ran down to the floor area. Security took awhile to let us in and kept saying, not yet girls, not yet. When she started playing love story they let us in and we waved as she flew over us in the balcony.
Then Gabby appeared, gathered us 20 or so with wristbands and took us out a door into a corridor to explain the rules. We had to wait for about 20 minutes then she took us to the tparty room.
It was magical and we kept jumping around and taking lots of photos of everything.
Then gabby said Taylor would come to us first and took our camera; then 5 minutes later gave it back and said sorry but she was coming in through the back. We didnt care when we got to meet her as long as we did!
Grant came in then and walked to us first so i hugged him and we started chatting about my outfit and melbourne and then i told him i thought he needed a haircut and he was like 'OH MY GOD i know haha its soooo long, im always standing in the mirror trying to make it stand up and it takes forever'. he gave us 2 guitar picks each (one taylor and one of him then went to the next group.
Hes so nice.
Then taylor came in.
She was wearing pinkybrowny coloured jeans, a cute jumper and green brogues (i wanted the shoes so bad).
When she came to us she looked at me and said 'oh hi!!' and hugged me. My wonderstruck charm bracelet got caught on her jumper but she didnt care haha. She really is so lovely. 100% genuinely glad to meet you.
She signed my tour book and Carissas tshirt then i gave her the tshirt i made her.
I had photoshopped a bunch of scottish fold cats (including meredith) together and wrote above it 'CRAZY CAT LADY CLUB' and under it 'cats are like potato chips; you can never have just one'.
She loved it
When she saw it she was like 'oh my god thats so cute! look at all the cats. Is that Meredith? (I said yes) Oh I miss the kitty so much," haha We chatted about the show and stuff but then she had to go to the next group.
She was amazing.
I loved every second of it and I cant even believe it happend.
We ate pizza and a girl from another group said 'oh wow this is good pizza. I swear its Taylor Swift Pizza," haha (it was margerita pizza from crusts pizza if you were wondering).
Then we had to leave.
but i will never ever ever forget it
-

amy. twenty. melbourne!
I will speak now March 12th & 13th

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: T-PARTY 12TH MARCH MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM

omg u are so lucky!!!!!

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Aww congrats! That's so exciting!!!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off-topic/400662

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM

"Now don't scream now.." How could you not scream?!? I would've screamed so badly that I wouldn't have been able to talk for a week!

Graphic and avi by me:)

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Thanks everyone! Yes I'm lucky, very lucky but just for commenting on this I will send some luck your way!

I had to force myself not to scream. My legs were instantly turned to jelly and my hands were shaking.
    I'd be lying if I said every time a person walked up the stairs towards me I wasn't thinking it would be someone inviting me to t-party as I'm sure we've all done haha
    But I felt stupid thinking that. I didn't even know if there would be one.
    But then I felt that tap. Second best feeling of my life. Number one is hugging Taylor of course
    -
    amy. twenty. melbourne!
    Met Taylor on 12th March
    Touched her again 13th March

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I love the photos :) Congratulations on such an exciting event!!

I met the girls wearing the dresses made of pictures of Taylor! Not that night though, it was actually whilst lining up for the mosh the next day haha. They were still completely starstruck I think!

We're so lucky Taylor has such lovely fans

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

nice story :)
    i so badly want to meet her :)

Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM

wow thats so awesome, I love how much she loves her fans! you are truley lucky and hopefully one day ill meet her too :) ps awesome outfit!

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

WAAAH CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are amazingly lucky!! Thankyou so much for sharing your story! i went on the 14th (her last night in Melbourne). the best night ever. but i bet yours was better than mine haha ;)
    "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right."

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:16 AM

You met her on my birthday!(:
    -DAAA
    - DAAA
    -Kaylee

Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Oh my goodness!! THAT'S AWESOME! so happy for you!!

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Such a sweet story! I love it!
    XOXO,
    Ally

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

aw you guys rock!
    Just keep hoping and believing and it will happen!

-
    amy. twenty. melbourne!
    Met Taylor on 12th March

Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

OMG I SAW YOU AT THE DOORS!! When I saw you I was like "WOW best outfit ever"

Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:22 AM

MadHatter13 wrote:
    OMG I SAW YOU AT THE DOORS!! When I saw you I was like "WOW best outfit ever"

Really????? wow thats so cool that you remember!
    ps love you username! madhatter rocks
    -
    amy. twenty. melbourne!
    Met Taylor on 12th March

Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Lucky!!!!
    -Forever And Always A SWIFTIE 13

[url=http://akelt10.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/tumblr_ly21rnvocj1rnysaqo1_500.jpg]http://akelt10.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/tumblr_ly21rnvocj1rnysaqo1_500.jpg[/url][/[/signature]

Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Nawwwwwwe -that is so lovely!
    I think taylor is quite unique when it comes to her fans. No doubt other artists love their fans as much as she does but I don't know of anyone else doing that - selecting ppl from the back rows is kind of beautiful in a way and somewhat fair that if you couldn't get up close in the pit or front rows you can still have just as much (if not insanely more) fun and connection... :) ---hope she does this again for Melbourne this year but I'm going to try and get a pit ticket so there would be no chance of meeting her -but yeah she doesn't neglect anyone :)

Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM

OMS IM ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WITH THE TAYLOR FACE DRESSES!!! Haha so cool that you put a pic up of us!!!! It was such a good night!!!!!!!!

Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM

QueenThirteen wrote:
    OMS IM ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WITH THE TAYLOR FACE DRESSES!!! Haha so cool that you put a pic up of us!!!! It was such a good night!!!!!!!!

was this the photo I was showing you guys at the ARIAs?!?!

FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
    Phone call with Taylor - 16 February 2012 || Met Taylor - 12 March 2012, 29 November 2012 || Held Taylor's hand - 13 March 2012

Sun, May 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Rebecca13 wrote:
    Love your story!!! Congrats on meeting her!!!

Sun, May 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

amydee13 wrote:
    thanks all you guys :)
    i really hope you all get to meet her one day, you've probably loved her longer than I have so I dont know why i got to meet her first but i promise i will pray for all of you!
    -
    amy. twenty. melbourne!
    Met Taylor on 12th March

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT IS SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^All three of those were created by me.