Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: who HASN'T met taylor?

Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:05 AM

I love working with her

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: who HASN'T met taylor?

Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Me..I never ever ever met her
    Septic_Swiftie

Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM

I doubt I will ever meet her.
    But I can dream...
    Dream...
    Dream...

Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Hello Swifties!

I've not met Taylor either, but it's on my bucket list :)

I'm Heather, by the way, and I finally joined TC. I'm a 30-something Swiftie and I live in the Peak District of England with my husband and our kitties. We were lucky enough to see Taylor in concert on the 1989 tour (in Manchester, UK) and I loved every moment... xx
    "We were in screaming colour..."

Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Unfortunately, I haven't had the honor of meeting her yet, but I hope someday I will.

Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 5:30 AM

Random observation, but I don't think that I noticed Taylor meeting fans spontaneously for the period of time that she had her bleached hair for, unless I've missed something just from being generally less active on social media than I was when I was younger.
    If it is the case though, I wonder why.

1. Moderator

Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:08 AM

RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    Random observation, but I don't think that I noticed Taylor meeting fans spontaneously for the period of time that she had her bleached hair for, unless I've missed something just from being generally less active on social media than I was when I was younger.
    I can't imagine it would be an intentional decision based on her hair colour (although I doubt that's what you were thinking!) I can't remember when exactly she got rid of it but in the photos of the wedding she attended she appears to have bleached hair. There was also the girl she arranged to meet at the Taylor Swift exhibition but I'm struggling to find the photos right now to see what her hair looked like then.

Most likely I imagine it would be as a result of her taking some personal time but I don't know this for sure. It was a relatively short period of time compared to her other styles too so maybe that plays into the thought that it's out of the ordinary.

I'm a TC Moderator. Click here to find out more.

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 5:50 AM

never even saw her :(
    My Youtube Singing Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF-KX6hP9Y6W9H239ec-2Sg

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Clueless wrote:
    RachelLovesTaylor wrote:
    I can't imagine it would be an intentional decision based on her hair colour (although I doubt that's what you were thinking!) I can't remember when exactly she got rid of it but in the photos of the wedding she attended she appears to have bleached hair. There was also the girl she arranged to meet at the Taylor Swift exhibition but I'm struggling to find the photos right now to see what her hair looked like then.

Most likely I imagine it would be as a result of her taking some personal time but I don't know this for sure. It was a relatively short period of time compared to her other styles too so maybe that plays into the thought that it's out of the ordinary.
    She'd recoloured it again by the time she met the fan at her museum.
    She probably did bump into fans and take photos whilst she had her bleached hair, and we've just never seen them. I'm just so curious as to how it looked under regular lighting and average camera quality, and not professional cameras/lighting/angles/etc. Also, I want to know what makeup she did with her bleached hair, as in most of her candids with it she was wearing sunglasses or they weren't that clear.

I suppose it'll forever be one of life's great mysteries lol.

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:28 PM

I have not met Taylor and am sure I never will. I would love to, but I rarely get what I want or what I dream for in life...except for my beautiful cat:)

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 10:33 PM

I like reading the meet and greets people have with Taylor. My daughter loves Taylor Swift and she is always asking me to take her to a concert and I never have the money and asked me one day if she can meet Taylor and I told her that is hard because Taylor is always in different states. She knows almost every song and every word to every song she does know. If there was anyway to make her dreams come true please let me know.

Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 3:12 AM

Jnw1985 wrote:
    I like reading the meet and greets people have with Taylor. My daughter loves Taylor Swift and she is always asking me to take her to a concert and I never have the money and asked me one day if she can meet Taylor and I told her that is hard because Taylor is always in different states. She knows almost every song and every word to every song she does know. If there was anyway to make her dreams come true please let me know.
    There's a bit of a stigma on this forum about stalking Taylor wherever she personally goes just to meet her, but business-wise I think is fair game. The best chance you have of helping your daughter to meet Taylor is to locate an event she's attending (red carpet, radio show, etc) and arrive several hours beforehand to get a close spot against the railings. Taylor is usually allowed to take some time to sign autographs for fans and hug them, but ultimately even if you don't get to meet her it's still a very fun time - speaking from my own experience.

Alternatively, (and this is a much slimmer chance) Taylor has always hosted free after show Meet & Greet parties ever since she began touring in 2009. Her mother, and other members of her team scout concerts for absolutely wild members of the audience and ask if they'd like to meet Taylor in a couple hours. There's usually 20-30 people selected, and Taylor, her band, dancers, etc hang out with them in a backstage tent with food and refreshments for up to an hour.

At the end of the day, though, most members on this site have been here for years and never met Taylor, but it still doesn't make experiencing her shows any less magical. The most basic thing people will tell you is to not do something with the ulterior motive being to meet Taylor. It happens spontaenously :)

Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Still waiting for my turn but I'm never going to give up on it:)

*06-18-2011**06-06-2015**06-13-2015*

Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Hopefully on her next tour..

Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM

cough*me*cough

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hattie's Inner Monologue

Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:08 AM

I haven't. But I do feel very privileged to have been so close to the stage during the 1989 Tour.

This graphic was made by the lovely Taryn!

Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:18 AM

I haven't met her ): but hopefully someday I will (:

Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Unfortunately I haven't met her yet... But I stay confident than one day I will and I'm happy for the ones that had the opportunity to meet her! :)

Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 1:33 AM

Still haven't had the opportunity to meet Taylor yet! One day.....maybe one day....

Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Unfortunately I have not, but I know I'm not the only one. For being such a big fan of her's since I was almost 9 years old, it's kind of hard to sit around and be patient for my time to come, but I guess I'd say I'm used to waiting at this point. A lot of people have said that it happens when you really need it most. She has been such a big source of happiness in my life and I'm just kind of doing my own thing until I get the opportunity to thank her in person for everything she has helped me through, and especially for bringing me and my best friend together. I don't know if we'd had ever become best friends in high school if it wasn't for Taylor and our mutual understanding of what it means to be a swiftie. I seriously hope that when the day I meet Taylor comes around, I will remember to thank her profusely. Although, I seriously cannot thank her enough for what she has done for me. My friend Lauren had the opportunity to meet her in Austin at F1, and I remember her telling me that everything people say is true, she is genuinely the nicest and most amazing person you'll ever meet. I love Taylor more than I will ever be able to express, and I really hope my chance to tell her that comes around in the near future.

- Lindsay xx