1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Various Food

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Okay, so I've seen different threads about candy and such, but what different foods do you have in your country, something that you can mostly find in only your country? (For US Swifties, your area)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Various Food

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM

you might want to add "in your area' for US swifties... since we basically have some of everything here.

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

in NYC we have a bit of everything. I think we're famous for our ethnic food on the street carts :) You can find some of the best food in NYC on the street carts. no joke.
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM

^ I think NYC, i think dirty water hot dogs.

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I'm from New England, and you can find a lot of maple syrup up here :D

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM

im from california and im not really sure
    I'm going to send Taylor a letter and you can join by clicking Never met Taylor above.Please join!

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

In Australia you can find Tim Tams, Vegemite and Lamingtons!

1) gabbylove13 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

QUEBEC->MONTREAL-> POUTINE! :) haha! French fires with cheese and gravy sauce....some people even add sausages and other meats in it, but the classic one is just cheese and gravy sauce with french fries :) It's very good...well, depends where ...and who!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:25 AM

SwiftieNaomie13 wrote:
    QUEBEC->MONTREAL-> POUTINE! :) haha! French fires with cheese and gravy sauce....some people even add sausages and other meats in it, but the classic one is just cheese and gravy sauce with french fries :) It's very good...well, depends where ...and who!

YES! I actually have some family in Montreal, I was up there yesterday and we stopped at McDonald's and the lady in front of me actually had ordered some.. I've never really had it. When I think Montreal, I also think Ketchup Chips (Um, YUM!) and Smoked Meat.
    I will turn RED on July 26th, 2013!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Beans & Pies

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM

In England we have toad-in-the-hole and bubble-and-squeak, they are both so nice

Thanks to Reshmi4Bieber for this graphic, please visit her shop :)

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM

If you're going to read all this, first, I'm learning english, and to explain the food from my country, it's quite difficult to translate. So if you don't understand half of the things I say, don't worry, I'll post pics to help you! In Uruguay you have; Mate (it's a tipical infused drink, wich is prepared from steeping dried leaves of yerba mate in hot water) Asado (it would be like a barbacue but SO MUCH BETTER. Here's wikipedia to explain you better) then, you have, the king and lord of the sweet things; DULCE DE LECHE. It's like a cream with an unique taste (no joke, I can't compare it with nothing else) and the color is like a dark caramel color. If you ever tried the Mars candys, it's like the caramel field, but so much better, and you must try it to know what I'm talking about! Ammmm, then, Torta Frita, pastelitos, what else.... oh yes! BIZCOCHOS. God, it's so freaking delicious. They are like variants of buttery flaky pastry and some cookies. The most pupular bizcochos, so you can have and idea of what I'm talking about, are;
    Croissants: They can be sweet (cruasanes dulces, with sugar or chocolate on top) or savory (cruasanes salados, sometimes with cheese on top). Croissants can also be filled with pastry cream, dulce de membrillo (a sweet quince paste), dulce de leche for the sweet ones or cheese, ham or salami for the savory ones.
    Margaritas: They are a variation of croissants with the extremes put together, leaving some space in the middle for a filling (pastry cream, dulce de membrillo or dulce de leche). They have sugar on top of the pastry and the filling. Margaritas are always sweet and they got their name from the flower they resemble
    Vigilantes (my favourite one!): Another sweet variation of croissants. They are long and thin, with sugar on top.
    Galletas dulces: This bizcocho was originated from a kind of bread known as galleta, galleta de campaña or galleta con grasa. Galletas dulces have a cover of caramel and sugar on top.
    Pan con grasa (another of my favourites): This is another kind of bizcocho originated from a type of bread (the cañón). Pan con grasa are the most popular savory bizcochos along with savory croissants.
    Here's the Mate.
    Here's the Dulce de Leche
    And the bizcochos :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Mmmm, from Spain and Catalonia there's a lot of typical food, for example there are ''paella'', typical cakes as ''pa de pessic'', a soup with pasta named ''galets'' typical of Christmas and ''fideua'' with alioli (a kind of spicy) and I like snails with spicy :P There are ''crema catalana'' a dessert typical from Catalonia... and I don't know :P ''Pa amb tomaquet'' is bread with tomato and oil.

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM

TaylorBelongsWithMe13 wrote:
    If you're going to read all this, first, I'm learning english, and to explain the food from my country, it's quite difficult to translate. So if you don't understand half of the things I say, don't worry, I'll post pics to help you! In Uruguay you have; Mate (it's a tipical infused drink, wich is prepared from steeping dried leaves of yerba mate in hot water) Asado (it would be like a barbacue but SO MUCH BETTER. Here's wikipedia to explain you better) then, you have, the king and lord of the sweet things; DULCE DE LECHE. It's like a cream with an unique taste (no joke, I can't compare it with nothing else) and the color is like a dark caramel color. If you ever tried the Mars candys, it's like the caramel field, but so much better, and you must try it to know what I'm talking about! Ammmm, then, Torta Frita, pastelitos, what else.... oh yes! BIZCOCHOS. God, it's so freaking delicious. They are like variants of buttery flaky pastry and some cookies. The most pupular bizcochos, so you can have and idea of what I'm talking about, are;
    Croissants: They can be sweet (cruasanes dulces, with sugar or chocolate on top) or savory (cruasanes salados, sometimes with cheese on top). Croissants can also be filled with pastry cream, dulce de membrillo (a sweet quince paste), dulce de leche for the sweet ones or cheese, ham or salami for the savory ones.
    Margaritas: They are a variation of croissants with the extremes put together, leaving some space in the middle for a filling (pastry cream, dulce de membrillo or dulce de leche). They have sugar on top of the pastry and the filling. Margaritas are always sweet and they got their name from the flower they resemble
    Vigilantes (my favourite one!): Another sweet variation of croissants. They are long and thin, with sugar on top.
    Galletas dulces: This bizcocho was originated from a kind of bread known as galleta, galleta de campaña or galleta con grasa. Galletas dulces have a cover of caramel and sugar on top.
    Pan con grasa (another of my favourites): This is another kind of bizcocho originated from a type of bread (the cañón). Pan con grasa are the most popular savory bizcochos along with savory croissants.
    Here's the Mate.
    Here's the Dulce de Leche
    And the bizcochos :)

YUM!

Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Food looks good

Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

In Canada we have a lot of maple flavored things... and BACON! :D

Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM

In New Zealand we have meat pies. Typical flavours are steak & cheese, mince & cheese, smoked fish etc. We also have pineapple lumps which are treats with a pineapple flavoured middle coated in chocolate.

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

boba!!!!! (i'm from so-cal) lol when people call it 'bubble milk tea'

^Daya(upinlights)!

Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Kathryn wrote:
    In New Zealand we have meat pies. Typical flavours are steak & cheese, mince & cheese, smoked fish etc. We also have pineapple lumps which are treats with a pineapple flavoured middle coated in chocolate.

I've seen those! They have meat pie in Canada as well!

(Savanah)

(Camryn)

Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

fearlesslyinlove wrote:
    In Canada we have a lot of maple flavored things... and BACON! :D

I'm from New England, so us too! :)

(Savanah)

(Camryn)