Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Food! what is it called where you come from?

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Hello, there! I really love reading the stereotypes from around the world, they are so interesting! So I wanted to know if your country calls certain food different than other countries do. For example, in America we call melted cheese in toasted bread grilled cheese, and we know some people from England that call them cheese toastys! "chips" are also called "french fries".
These are just a few that I have heard, and I think they are so interesting, so I would love to hear more! They are mostly english, so if other countries like greece and italy have some, please post them!
Thank you! =)
love, audrey rose!

this beautiful graphic was made by Bluebell!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Food! what is it called where you come from?

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:48 AM

A few more are bangers and mash, which in america we call sausage and mashed potatoes!
    and bubble and squeak!
    love, audrey rose!

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

bump!
    love, audrey rose!

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Ahahahah...bangers and mash. That's funny :P

Yeah we say fries. :P

TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar :)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM

SupermanFlyAway wrote:
    Ahahahah...bangers and mash. That's funny :P

Yeah we say fries. :P

TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar :)

i know! they are so different!
    love, audrey rose!

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Some differences from America and British food names:Gelatin=jelly Eggplant=aubergine Zucchini=courgettes cookie=biscuit corn=sweet corn Tomato paste=tomato puree Bacon=streaky bacon Back bacon=bacon potato chips= crisps fries=chips candy=sweets jelly=jam

In Scotland some people call potatoes tatties and instead we call bacon, ham which is also the name of a piece of meat you put on your sandwiches.We also have square shaped sausages. :)

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM

ScottishSwiftie wrote:
    Some differences from America and British food names:Gelatin=jelly Eggplant=aubergine Zucchini=courgettes cookie=biscuit corn=sweet corn Tomato paste=tomato puree Bacon=streaky bacon Back bacon=bacon potato chips= crisps fries=chips candy=sweets jelly=jam

In Scotland some people call potatoes tatties and instead we call bacon, ham which is also the name of a piece of meat you put on your sandwiches.We also have square shaped sausages. :)

wow! that's so interesting!
    love, audrey rose!

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I'm not sure if you've heard it but there's this stupid song called Peanut Butter Jelly Time! and when I first heard it I thought you put legit jelly and peanut butter on your sandwich. I later found out that jelly means jam....I didn't know. I'm from Australia :P

^
    Both made the totally amazing Jordyn!

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Jelly=Jam. Gelatin=jelly.

I got really confused by Peanut Butter and Jelly. I thought you had jelly sandwiches and I got really excited but it just turned out to be jam. :P

Chips=Crisps French Fries=Chips.
    This also confused me.... I'm British by the way ;)

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

InvisibleTeardrops wrote:
    Jelly=Jam. Gelatin=jelly.

I got really confused by Peanut Butter and Jelly. I thought you had jelly sandwiches and I got really excited but it just turned out to be jam. :P

Chips=Crisps French Fries=Chips.
    This also confused me.... I'm British by the way ;)

haha! thank you!
    love, audrey rose!

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Wonderstruck Princess wrote:
    I'm not sure if you've heard it but there's this stupid song called Peanut Butter Jelly Time! and when I first heard it I thought you put legit jelly and peanut butter on your sandwich. I later found out that jelly means jam....I didn't know. I'm from Australia :P

^

haha! i love australia!
    love, audrey rose!

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

ScottishSwiftie wrote:

Square sausages are the best :)

My Graphic Shop

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

audreyswift wrote:
    Wonderstruck Princess wrote:

^

haha! i love australia!
    love, audrey rose!

Hahahahahahha!!! Australia is BEAUTIFUL

-Kat

^thatlittleREDdress the great xoxo

^InTheRedDress (so amazing!!)[/sig

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

AGH! use commas or enter.... i'm having trouble keeping up with the names.

i know that in the UK you call ground beef 'minced meat'

Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

UK has a 'biscuit.' Here, in the US, it's a cookie.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.