Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: American Stereotypes :P

Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

^ cause we spell it like this "aluminum" - one i :)

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Clueless wrote:
    I really love the ability that Americans have to begin a sentence with the word "so". It's not something that I've seen any other country manage to do successfully.

"So I was walking to school this morning and I saw this dog..."
    "So last night I was watching TV and...."

It's such a great way to begin a story!

OM

American people really struggle to call me "Kate". They always want to call me Katie.

Still on the subject of names, I love the way Americans say the name "Craig".

And lastly, when Americans talk about the UK, we're always "Britain". And we're "British" as opposed to Scottish, Welsh, English, Irish. Sometimes when you guys say "England", you mean the whole of the UK.

I hope none of this comes across as cruel, just light hearted observations from me. Of course since I haven't met a huge number of American people, they can probably be classed as stereotypes.

hahahaha i love the 'so' part...its pretty annoying actually hearing it and i hate that i do it too :/
    and i haaaaaaaate when americans refer to the whole uk as "england" >.< like omg get your geography straight lol. i admit i used to do that too, or i would say people from the uk have a "british accent" but i'velearned that there are many many different accents in the uk, and people from england have "english accents", people from wales have "welsh accents" etc... ugh i just cringe now every time i hear someone say "he has a BRITISH accent" smh

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM

The only ones I've heard of is that Americans eat a lot of fast food and watch the Kardashians

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM

BringTaylorToGreece wrote:
    The only ones I've heard of is that Americans eat a lot of fast food and watch the Kardashians

I personally have never watched the Kardashians, but I do eat loooooots of fast food!! Me loves my fast food!

Gabriella/TanyaxOh/Gabriella

Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I do eat a lot of fast food.............not gonna lie

I was RED 8/10/13!!!!!

Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I do love food, but I've never watched the Kardashians before, at least not yet! :)

Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM

InvisibleTeardrops wrote:
    Hello there :3

It's not really a stereotype but what's the order of freshman, sophomore etc.? We just have year ten, eleven and sixth form here XD
    And I've always had an idea of there being the whole school heirarchy system with the cheerleaders and 'jocks' etc...does that actually happen? :P

Cheers and lots of tea from Britain XD

Our high schools are grades 9-12, freshmen are 9, sophomores are 10, juniors are 11 and seniors are 12. :) Oh, and the cheerleaders are always the popular ones. The whole hierarchy system does happen (at least in my school and my friend's school) and I'm at the bottom of the pyramid… as usual

Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I do love fast food… not gonna lie to another swiftie, but i do hate the Kardashians.

Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM

themagicwemade wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    I really love the ability that Americans have to begin a sentence with the word "so". It's not something that I've seen any other country manage to do successfully.

OM

American people really struggle to call me "Kate". They always want to call me Katie.

And lastly, when Americans talk about the UK, we're always "Britain". And we're "British" as opposed to Scottish, Welsh, English, Irish. Sometimes when you guys say "England", you mean the whole of the UK.

I hope none of this comes across as cruel, just light hearted observations from me. Of course since I haven't met a huge number of American people, they can probably be classed as stereotypes.

hahahaha i love the 'so' part...its pretty annoying actually hearing it and i hate that i do it too :/
    and i haaaaaaaate when americans refer to the whole uk as "england" >.< like omg get your geography straight lol. i admit i used to do that too, or i would say people from the uk have a "british accent" but i'velearned that there are many many different accents in the uk, and people from england have "english accents", people from wales have "welsh accents" etc... ugh i just cringe now every time i hear someone say "he has a BRITISH accent" smh

I never knew that the "So" think was weird. I do it all the time!

both by moiii!

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I'm American! proud of it. anyone have any questions for meh??

All by me. PM me for a graphic!

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Haha!!! I live in America but I don't do either of those!

Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM

VickyTheSwiftie wrote:

I do love fast food… not gonna lie to another swiftie, but i do hate the Kardashians.

Banned because I do neither of these things, the stereotype is broken! =D

^me / JustRained01

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM

kktaytay123 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

OM

Yes, the US is HORRIBLE with fillers (like, so, um, yeah etc...)

"Kate" sounds more... formal. We just like Katie better. Kinda stereotyping the UK now... sorry.

Craig isn't too common in the US. That could be why.

Yeah, that's one way we stereotype you guys. I usually say the UK.

Another thing. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE US AMERICA!!!! Canada is America. Mexico is America etc... Kinda like the UK with "Britain" and "British."

Thanks allyouareismean!!! :D I'm certainly Wonderstruck!

I think the thing with the America usage is that when we mean the continent we'll say (I'm English - that's the 'we' haha) North America and then we sometimes use America for the US as a shortened name. I always did wonder if it annoyed you guys though...
    :)

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:21 AM

InLondonToday wrote:
    xFearless13 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:
    kktaytay123 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

OM

"Kate" sounds more... formal. We just like Katie better. Kinda stereotyping the UK now... sorry.

Another thing. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE US AMERICA!!!! Canada is America. Mexico is America etc... Kinda like the UK with "Britain" and "British."
    I'm not a huge fan of being called Katie but I accept that for some people it's very hard not to call me Katie! Someone I used to work with always used to frown with concentration when he was saying my name to remember not to call me Katie.

Yeah, you guys seem to say "Craig" like "Kreg". It took me a long time to realise that was the same name but now I think it's really cool.

I know what you're saying about the whole USA, America thing. It was pointed out to me a few years ago and it was a real revelation to me. I've just been calling you Americans on here because the title is "American Stereotypes" :)

How do you guys say Craig??

Kr-egg. That's how is pronounce it.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF A REVELATION THIS IS FOR ME - I NEVER REALISED THAT THAT WAS THE AMERICAN WAY OF SAYING CRAIG I THOUGHT IT WAS A DIFFERENT NAME THIS IS SO EXCITING

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Do Americans really not have the word 'fortnight'? Or adverbs? Or more than two political parties?

Also, can you name all the states and their capitals? 'Cause I can do that for Australia but I could probably only name about 30 English counties... (I'm a Londoner)

Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM

RoseGardenOverMadisonSquare wrote:
    Americans get all the Taylor Swift Merch!

OMG the second sig is from the old tc..

americanos get everything LOL

gene13

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM

One American stereotype I have is that you guys are VERY patriotic. Way more so than us in the UK. And also more religious.

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:01 AM

And you get all the good concerts first!

Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM

SwiftieSelenator22 wrote:
    kktaytay123 wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

OM

Thanks allyouareismean!!! :D I'm certainly Wonderstruck!

I think the thing with the America usage is that when we mean the continent we'll say (I'm English - that's the 'we' haha) North America and then we sometimes use America for the US as a shortened name. I always did wonder if it annoyed you guys though...
    :)

I've always thought it rather egotistical that we refer to ourselves only as americans, because... not only are mexico and canada part of North AMERICA... but what about all the countries in South AMERICA? are the citizens there not Americans too?

Credit for my avatar goes to Swiftie33. Many thanks.

Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM

SwiftieSelenator22 wrote:
    Do Americans really not have the word 'fortnight'? Or adverbs? Or more than two political parties?

Also, can you name all the states and their capitals? 'Cause I can do that for Australia but I could probably only name about 30 English counties... (I'm a Londoner)

Yes fortnight isn't a word here.......at least not one that I know But I think we have adverbs even though I forgot what they are And no I could name MAYBE 4 or 5 state capitals if I'm lucky......there's just too many states

I was RED 8/10/13!!!!!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.