Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: American Stereotypes :P

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Hello there :3

It's not really a stereotype but what's the order of freshman, sophomore etc.? We just have year ten, eleven and sixth form here XD
    And I've always had an idea of there being the whole school heirarchy system with the cheerleaders and 'jocks' etc...does that actually happen? :P

Cheers and lots of tea from Britain XD

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Americans have wierd high school years, freshman and stuff. Americans have 'jocks' and cheerleaders. America have really hot weather (unless your in Alaska or something) Most of the American stereotypes come from like T.V shows and stuff like the Simpsons, so us Brits are there like ohh cool. OH yeah, you drink loads of Coffee.

To be fair, I am sitting on my laptop drinking tea and reading Sherlock Holmes :D Ha ha ha ha I'm British not English though :D ha ha ha

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:11 AM

InvisibleTeardrops wrote:

It's not really a stereotype but what's the order of freshman, sophomore etc.? We just have year ten, eleven and sixth form here XD
    And I've always had an idea of there being the whole school heirarchy system with the cheerleaders and 'jocks' etc...does that actually happen? :P

The order is-
    Freshman (9th grade)
    Sophomore (10th grade)
    Junior (11th grade)
    Seniors (12 th grade)

And to your second question.......sort of. It's a lot less than what you see in movies, haha. :)

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Simply Me wrote:
    Americans have wierd high school years, freshman and stuff. Americans have 'jocks' and cheerleaders. America have really hot weather (unless your in Alaska or something) Most of the American stereotypes come from like T.V shows and stuff like the Simpsons, so us Brits are there like ohh cool. OH yeah, you drink loads of Coffee.

To be fair, I am sitting on my laptop drinking tea and reading Sherlock Holmes :D Ha ha ha ha I'm British not English though :D ha ha ha

That's kind of true while also if you're in the midwest like Nebraska you have the craziest weather ever! Like Idaho minnesota New York all the states from the middle up get pretty cold weather. SOME americans drink a lot of coffee but pop is REALLY big here. Yes there are jocks and cheerleaders but we don;t really classify each other by that.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2zxz0bc.png

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:49 AM

LikeAFirework wrote:

The order is-
    Freshman (9th grade)
    Sophomore (10th grade)
    Junior (11th grade)
    Seniors (12 th grade)

And to your second question.......sort of. It's a lot less than what you see in movies, haha. :)

Aah...Thank you :P
    Is ninth grade equal to Year Nine here? So, 13 year olds? Or is it older?

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Highschool is what you go to for school when you are age 13-19. the first "step" to highschool is Freshmen (13-15), than Sophmore (14-16), Junior(15-17) and then Senior(16-19). (these are just age ranges, you only stay in each grade for one school year (September to June) unless you fail and get held back!) After highschool most people go on to a University :)

We don't exactly have a hierarchy among jocks and cheerleaders but more of the class you're in. Being a Freshmen you get teased by all the upperclassmen at pep rallies and football games and such but its nothing really mean.

if you have any other questions or if i explained it terribly, feel free to ask me :)

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Bridget Rose wrote:

Highschool is what you go to for school when you are age 13-19. the first "step" to highschool is Freshmen (13-15), than Sophmore (14-16), Junior(15-17) and then Senior(16-19). (these are just age ranges, you only stay in each grade for one school year (September to June) unless you fail and get held back!) After highschool most people go on to a University :)

We don't exactly have a hierarchy among jocks and cheerleaders but more of the class you're in. Being a Freshmen you get teased by all the upperclassmen at pep rallies and football games and such but its nothing really mean.

if you have any other questions or if i explained it terribly, feel free to ask me :)

OH! Thank you :3
    I feel a lot more enlightened to the world of American school now haha. I didn't know you could get held back! I think we only do re-sits for GCSEs or A-Levels if you fail them and want to try again :P

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I really love the ability that Americans have to begin a sentence with the word "so". It's not something that I've seen any other country manage to do successfully.

"So I was walking to school this morning and I saw this dog..."
    "So last night I was watching TV and...."

It's such a great way to begin a story!

American people really struggle to call me "Kate". They always want to call me Katie.

Still on the subject of names, I love the way Americans say the name "Craig".

And lastly, when Americans talk about the UK, we're always "Britain". And we're "British" as opposed to Scottish, Welsh, English, Irish. Sometimes when you guys say "England", you mean the whole of the UK.

I hope none of this comes across as cruel, just light hearted observations from me. Of course since I haven't met a huge number of American people, they can probably be classed as stereotypes.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Clueless wrote:
    I really love the ability that Americans have to begin a sentence with the word "so". It's not something that I've seen any other country manage to do successfully.

American people really struggle to call me "Kate". They always want to call me Katie.

And lastly, when Americans talk about the UK, we're always "Britain". And we're "British" as opposed to Scottish, Welsh, English, Irish. Sometimes when you guys say "England", you mean the whole of the UK.

I hope none of this comes across as cruel, just light hearted observations from me. Of course since I haven't met a huge number of American people, they can probably be classed as stereotypes.

I ALWAYS start with 'so' haha. And I'm British, or English if you prefer XD
    My mum alwaaaays goes on about us being ENGLISH rather than British. Personally I'm not that bothered :P

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Clueless wrote:

My mum alwaaaays goes on about us being ENGLISH rather than British. Personally I'm not that bothered :P

I had never heard of it until earlier this year when I was eating breakfast with a couple of Americans (they also asked if there was any "jelly" which got my boyfriend excited, he was the only one at the table who didn't realise they meant "jam"!) I just thought it was so cute and it sounded so right coming from their mouths...if I started a sentence with "so", people would be like "What?" Not a polite "what" either, like the "what?" that Taylor says on WANEGBT.

I sometimes say British now just to sound a bit more interesting haha.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM

probably that were all fat which ive found if you walk in new york city or downtown in the south its pretty true. sorry people lol. Im american so i can make fun of myself :)
    also "like".
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM

cheerleaders, jocks, big schools with those big signs, football playing everywhere, burgers, milkshakes, haha

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I tend to start a lot of sentences with "So," and yes... some Americans do not know the discrepancies of when to use the term England vs Britain vs UK, etc. And some people I've met don't even know that Wales exists.

We really need to beef up geography lessons over here

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Clueless wrote:
    Clueless wrote:

I had never heard of it until earlier this year when I was eating breakfast with a couple of Americans (they also asked if there was any "jelly" which got my boyfriend excited, he was the only one at the table who didn't realise they meant "jam"!) I just thought it was so cute and it sounded so right coming from their mouths...if I started a sentence with "so", people would be like "What?" Not a polite "what" either, like the "what?" that Taylor says on WANEGBT.

I sometimes say British now just to sound a bit more interesting haha.

Hahaha, jelly for breakfast :')

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Another couple, more observations than anything.

You guys are VERY proud of your flag! I saw them everywhere when I visited the US. You're also not afraid to speak your mind and say what you're thinking. And EVERYONE knows all the states (I don't know the states so I guess that's the same as not knowing Wales).

And I love that when you're saying where you're from, you say which town and which state so that people know whereabouts you're from. Over here people tend to say the town or the county and a lot of people are like "huh?" haha.

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

1. It goes Freshman (9th grade), Sophomore (10th grade), Junior (11), Senior (12) :)
    2. Yes, sadly there is that heirarchy system that makes everything unfair. :P

TheEnchantedGarden made my FLAWLESS avatar :)

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

The most American thing you can say is either "Oh my God" or saying sentences that say "Like" a lot. We also have VERY big drink sizes. The UK, you're biggest Starbucks size is our second smallest :P

"I don't think raccoons like me very much. They saw me and ran away. WELL THEN, nice day to YOU raccoons -_-" -- Bethany Mota

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM

InMyBestRedDress wrote:

1. It goes Freshman (9th grade), Sophomore (10th grade), Junior (11), Senior (12) :)
    2. Yes, sadly there is that heirarchy system that makes everything unfair. :P

I KNOW! I'n my school the jocks can get out of after school detention for practice -_-

"I don't think raccoons like me very much. They saw me and ran away. WELL THEN, nice day to YOU raccoons -_-" -- Bethany Mota

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I feel stupid but what is the difference between the UK vs Britain vs England? :P

Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Americans get all the Taylor Swift Merch!

OMG the second sig is from the old tc..

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.