1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Stereotypes About Germany! :D

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hey! After I saw the thread about British stereotypes by the amazing InvisibleTeardrops, I thought I'd do the same thing for Germany.

I know that people don't know much about this country and the things that they do know, are really bad and I hate seeing that. So I think, it's time for someone to explain all the things you don't really understand. And also, I really want to see, how much you actually know about the country and us Germans.

Which Stereotypes do you know about Germany and Germans? :)

^KIKI.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Stereotypes About Germany! :D

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Aaaw, I'm glad you like it :3
    I don't know many German stereotypes...Maybe that it's always cold there. But it is here as well. xD

Unfortunately I didn't make this xD

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Well, I'm in love with your language :D

Graphic Shop

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

InvisibleTeardrops wrote:
    I don't know many German stereotypes...Maybe that it's always cold there. But it is here as well. xD

Well, you're right! The highest temperature we had last summer was 39°C and that rarely happens! :/

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:

Well, you're right! The highest temperature we had last summer was 39°C and that rarely happens! :/

^KIKI.

39 degrees? We'd explode with excitement if that happened :P recently we've had a lot of snow in winter (every year now...we never used to get that) and colder, wetter summers.. So much for global warming. xD

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM

YouWonderAboutMe wrote:
    Well, I'm in love with your language :D

Graphic Shop

Aww. Thank you!
    But I actually don't like our language at all! It sounds so hard, you know what I mean? And for example the word "squirrel" is "Eichhörnchen" in german... Weird, right?

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:

^KIKI.

39 degrees? We'd explode with excitement if that happened :P recently we've had a lot of snow in winter (every year now...we never used to get that) and colder, wetter summers.. So much for global warming. xD

yes, usually it's cold here too. this summer was also very cold but as I said, one day there were 39 degrees. And believe me: we were shocked!!!

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Uhm.... i live so cloce to germany... uhm.... you are l´really nice drivers!
    You are kind but i not that good at german! :) (unless the people on a rasturant in germany i was in with my friends)
    I think German is hard! but i can speak i bit!!!
    And brown hair :)

Both made my me

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

TaylorFanDenmark wrote:
    You are kind but i not that good at german! :) (unless the people on a rasturant in germany i was in with my friends)

Both made my me

Nice drivers: Well... not really... There are so many accidents every day, which is really sad. :/
    Kind: Mostly, yes. Of course, there are some mean people out there, but they are in every country, right? :)
    German is hard: YES!! Even if you speak german your whole life, there are lots of mistakes that you can make!!
    Brown Hair: Hmm. Yes, there are many brunettes in Germany but even more Blondes I guess. I'm a strange mixture between both with a golden shimmer in my hair. :D

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I meet a lot of Germans(is that the right term?) in my job, usually elderly men that have been visiting Norway to fish salmon. They don´t know a lot of English, but they are all very nice :)

I think of the Germans as a disciplined country with strict people. I think of the people there as intelligent and effective. That´s maybe the most stereotypical thing I can think of about people from Germany. I have never actually been to your country, but I would love to visit Berlin, looks beautiful! :) I had two years of German in school, so I know a tiny bit of your language. (very tiny though)
    People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine
    Taylor Swift Norway

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    TaylorFanDenmark wrote:

Both made my me

Nice drivers: Well... not really... There are so many accidents every day, which is really sad. :/
    Kind: Mostly, yes. Of course, there are some mean people out there, but they are in every country, right? :)
    German is hard: YES!! Even if you speak german your whole life, there are lots of mistakes that you can make!!
    Brown Hair: Hmm. Yes, there are many brunettes in Germany but even more Blondes I guess. I'm a strange mixture between both with a golden shimmer in my hair. :D

^KIKI.

Yeah nice drives! you are a big country! and yeah :)
    I had german in 3 years and i'm really bad xD

Both made my me

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Christine wrote:
    I meet a lot of Germans(is that the right term?) in my job, usually elderly men that have been visiting Norway to fish salmon. They don´t know a lot of English, but they are all very nice :)

I think of the Germans as a disciplined country with strict people. I think of the people there as intelligent and effective. That´s maybe the most stereotypical thing I can think of about people from Germany. I have never actually been to your country, but I would love to visit Berlin, looks beautiful! :) I had two years of German in school, so I know a tiny bit of your language. (very tiny though)
    Taylor Swift Norway

That's really cool! And you're so right! Most Germans (i think it is the term, but I'm not sure...) have an aweful english accent!!! It sounds so annoying... Luckily, people often tell me that I don't have a strong german accent.
    And the other things are also completely right! Everything is over-organized and overthought a million times and school is important.
    Also, it's impressive that you and TaylorFanDenmark actually know a bit of our language! I can imagine that it's really hard to learn!

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM

TaylorFanDenmark wrote:
    DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    TaylorFanDenmark wrote:

Both made my me

^KIKI.

Both made my me

Oh, I think it's cool that you even know a bit of this complicated language! And as long as you can understand this, you can't be that bad: "Hallo, wie geht es dir?"

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    [

That's really cool! And you're so right! Most Germans (i think it is the term, but I'm not sure...) have an aweful english accent!!! It sounds so annoying... Luckily, people often tell me that I don't have a strong german accent.
    And the other things are also completely right! Everything is over-organized and overthought a million times and school is important.
    Also, it's impressive that you and TaylorFanDenmark actually know a bit of our language! I can imagine that it's really hard to learn!

^KIKI.

I can understand a lot more of what people are saying TO me than they understand what I´m trying to answer back. It usually comes down to a lot of pointing. And drawing.

Taylor Swift Norway

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Christine wrote:
    DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    [

^KIKI.

I can understand a lot more of what people are saying TO me than they understand what I´m trying to answer back. It usually comes down to a lot of pointing. And drawing.

Taylor Swift Norway

Haha! Well, as long as you can communicate somehow... It's fine, I guess.

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    TaylorFanDenmark wrote:
    DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    TaylorFanDenmark wrote:

Both made my me

^KIKI.

Both made my me

Oh, I think it's cool that you even know a bit of this complicated language! And as long as you can understand this, you can't be that bad: "Hallo, wie geht es dir?"

^KIKI.

es geht sher gut :)
    und dich? :)
    I got a 4 in a german style!! I was SO HAPPY!!! and so proud :)

Both made my me

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

(^) Mir geht es auch gut. Danke. :D
    Oh, you can be proud. And even though you made little mistakes, I can understand what you're saying. I don't think you have to speak without any mistakes. The most important thing is, that you can communicate with the other person. And that's something you can do. Awesome!

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Umm, I'm offline now. It's 8:15 pm in Germany which means, I'll sit on our sofa, drink some tea and watch TV! Typical eveining in good old Germany.

No, to be serious: Have a great day or night or whatever time it is where you live. Bye guys.

^KIKI.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I moved in germany 3 years ago,and well, i realized that a lot of people smile a lot, and most of them are blonde and have blue eyes :)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

DiamondsInTheSky wrote:
    Mir geht es auch gut. Danke. :D
    Oh, you can be proud. And even though you made little mistakes, I can understand what you're saying. I don't think you have to speak without any mistakes. The most important thing is, that you can communicate with the other person. And that's something you can do. Awesome!

^KIKI.

I know! my gramma is really bad! in any laugh is speak! ;)
    But when i need to talk german i go black, when i was in berlin, one of my friend how lived in germany in some years, need too oder for me
    Das bist sehr gut! :)

Both made my me

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I speak German fairly fluently. Such a beautiful place and a beautiful language!