Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: British Stereotypes

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I've been asked if I'm American or English before because my accent is polite. People suspect that Scottish people speak slang but that's not how everyone speaks it depends on the area you're from.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM

hellokitty123 wrote:
    I've been asked if I'm American or English before because my accent is polite. People suspect that Scottish people speak slang but that's not how everyone speaks it depends on the area you're from.

Scottish people just use swear words as punctuation

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM

John2213 wrote:
    hellokitty123 wrote:

Lol, not everyone.

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

hellokitty123 wrote:
    John2213 wrote:
    hellokitty123 wrote:

Lol, not everyone.

Haha, I know not all Scottish people. But probably more percentage than in England!

RE: Re: British Stereotypes

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM

refrigeratorlight wrote:
    Americans are so obsessed with British people. Especially your accents. This one time, my friend and I were on a hike and there were these British people behind us (you could tell by their accents) and she freaked out just to be within ten feet of a British person who she said they might know Harry Styles. Lol.

I like how you guess say "mum" and not "mom". It's so cute..

both by moiii!

I actually know so many people who know Harry Styles cause he's from my area. He took Tay to my local supermarket when they were dating, the place I get all my food shopping from, and I'm still not over the fact that Tay was literally a 10 minute drive away from me and I didn't know about it until the next day. Most heartbreaking moment of my life.

" Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. "

Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Haunted_One54 wrote:
    Spock wrote:
    TwistofSwift wrote:
    When I think of British, I think of tea and Doctor Who... How big of a deal is Doctor Who there?

^^ Not my gif, I found it on tumblr somewhere (:

DOCTOR WHO IS WONDERFUL WE LOVE IT A LOT

OMG if i saw that many Daleks on a road ANYWHERE i'd run!

I would just freak out because I love Doctor Who!

SheDreamsOfLove /\

Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM

In 1985, an American movie came out called "National Lampoon's European Vacation" with Chevy Chase & Beverley D'Angelo. In the movie they stopped off in London, and they portrayed British television as being "Only 3 Channels, and no MTV", and the only shows on offer a choice between a documentary about cheese or static.

Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

A few years ago, in an episode entitled "The Snuke", the creators of South Park depicted the British Navy as still using Wooden boats + Muskets, like back in the war of independence.

In reality......... meet their latest toy, the Type-45 Destroyer, one of the world's most advanced military ships........

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Spock wrote:
    TwistofSwift wrote:
    When I think of British, I think of tea and Doctor Who... How big of a deal is Doctor Who there?

^^ Not my gif, I found it on tumblr somewhere (:

DOCTOR WHO IS WONDERFUL WE LOVE IT A LOT

" Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. "

Dalek at the BAFTAs :D

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Richardd wrote:
    Spock wrote:
    fireflamer5 wrote:
    Oh another stereo-type ( well I actually have no clue if this is true or not) is that you guys play a lot of croquet and rugby. Also that you wear a lot of tweed...

Nope! Rugby is more of a Welsh thing, only the bourgeoisie (Like very upper class) people play croquet, I've never played it in my life, and tweed is too expensive!

Rugby is very British. not just Welsh (though technically Welsh is British still)

All of my guy friends play rugby haha

I've only played croquet a couple of times at Lord's though - my school mainly plays hockey, lacrosse and netball

Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Americans like British mainly because of the British accents. and some Americans actually try to do the british accent and fail to it, I doubt they would be able to do mine

You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Stereotype of a British car = the Classic Mini..... the original one, as used in the famous car chase in 1969 movie "The Italian Job" (not the modern BMW thing), or the E-Type Jaguar.

People may not also remember other British cars such as the Jaguar XJ-220 or Mclaren F1, among many others...........

Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 6:44 AM

No one can understand my accent when I go to the states..

Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM

LuckyOnes wrote:
    No one can understand my accent when I go to the states..

I'm from Manchester and no one can understand my accent when I go down south!

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM

mymindisawarrior wrote:
    Americans like British mainly because of the British accents. and some Americans actually try to do the british accent and fail to it, I doubt they would be able to do mine

You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Haha, yeah, I'm terrible at trying to mimic your guys' accent honestly. I like you guys, cause you have nice taste in transportation :)

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I think most American's would be pretty shocked if they came to the UK and heard how many different accents we have.

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM

xopaigeee wrote:
    I think most American's would be pretty shocked if they came to the UK and heard how many different accents we have.

Yeah they probably would be. Haha.

^^
    Made by TaylorHeart13! :) x

^^
    Made by FearlessGirlWithAGuitar. :)

^
    Made by me. :D

Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM

When I went travelling around US hardly anyone could understand me as I have a strong Manchester accent, rare few could. But in Canada they could understand me. Also another friend who is from Glasgow when he put an awful American accent on they could understand him and actually thought he was American which was quite amusing.

Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM

John2213 wrote:
    hellokitty123 wrote:
    John2213 wrote:
    hellokitty123 wrote:

Lol, not everyone.

Haha, I know not all Scottish people. But probably more percentage than in England!

It's not really as punctuation, it's more..... okay yeah it is haha. Tbh, no more so than you find in England, you just have to remember if it is a higher percentage, it's because we have a much smaller population. More people live in London alone than the whole of Scotland.

Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM

The ones I know of are people think we all talk posh and drink large quantities of tea with biscuits I mean don't get me wrong I like them both but not all the time
    http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5018382727184434&w=115&h=140&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.