Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: British Stereotypes

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I'm British too! Hiya! Apparently we always talk all posh like the Queen and always call our mums "Mummy" or "Mumsy" or whatever. That's what I've seen on TV.

All me :)

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Haha I love hearing these too! Someone asked my friend to - "Say 'Hi' to Liz" And my friend was like "Who?" and the person was like "the Queen, say 'hi' to her from me when you see her" And apparently she wasn't joking. :)
    Hi, I'm WilllowTree

1)by iwasascarletletter

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Hahaha, those are awesome! I haven't heard the 'Mummy/Mumsy' one before, but I like it ;)
    EVERYONE seems to think we all know the Queen ;)

Unfortunately I didn't make this xD

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Im British :P Ive had crumpets (they're ok :P) but I hate tea :P Apparently we say "Governor" or something like that :P :) x
    I would be Enchanted if you friended me :)

Thanks to Calizzle4 for making this ^ amazing graphic!

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

When I think about british people I think about tea,biscuits and big hats.

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Ahahah! 'Ello, guv'ner :D or to quote Peggy Mitchell... Get outta ma pub!
    I just tried tea again today and I LOVE it. So I'm stereotypically British xD I haven't tried crumpets for a while though ;P

Our humour can be quite sarcastic as well ;)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Tania15 wrote:
    When I think about british people I think about tea,biscuits and big hats.

Big hats? Ahahaha! I like that ;) Are you American? I've always wondered, do you think with American accents? And read with American accents and everything? ;P

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

im british too, and i find these stereotypes slightly annoying. i find it weird when american movies have british people in, cause theyre all really posh and polite( and say 'Mumsy'!), and are slightly weird! im only twelve, so i havent actually tried tea, but i dont think i'd like it.

IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/29on1gx.png^Swiftie4EverAndAlways. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!:http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2098451#post_15001001[

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Heh, I'm thirteen, but my mum loves tea so I tried from a young age. ;)

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Tea is AMAZING. People who don't like must be drinking it wrong or something... :P That person my friend knew that I already said about also thought she knew the cast of Harry Potter. My friends like "England's no that small!"
    Hi, I'm WilllowTree

1)by iwasascarletletter

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

InvisibleTeardrops wrote:
    Heh, I'm thirteen, but my mum loves tea so I tried from a young age. ;)

i know im like the only person my age who hasnt tried it, but ive never particually wanted to.

IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/29on1gx.png^Swiftie4EverAndAlways. PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!:http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2098451#post_15001001[

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I work for a scandinavian airline, so I get to meet a lot of people from all over the world. The british people are always very polite and they talk A LOT! I always have a smile in my face after I meet a british person. Would love to come to London some day!
    People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine
    Taylor Swift Norway

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Christine wrote:
    I work for a scandinavian airline, so I get to meet a lot of people from all over the world. The british people are always very polite and they talk A LOT! I always have a smile in my face after I meet a british person. Would love to come to London some day!
    Taylor Swift Norway

Hehe, well the people I know, including myself, like to talk to EVERYONE THEY EVER MEET EVER. xD

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am British and I am a stereotypical Brishish girl. I have a cupboard deadicated to tea (I have over 100 different types) and I adore sitting ourside in my garden in Summer endulging in afternoon tea
    I would not say I am posh but I am not a chav. I don't speak like the Queen but I don't have the voice of a sewer rat either
    I drink tea, loke baking and I say odd things such as "Cheero" and "Righto" all the time!
    I don't ?
    I Taylor Swift

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hehe, well the people I know, including myself, like to talk to EVERYONE THEY EVER MEET EVER. xD

Yeah, but that´s a good thing! Norwegians are a bit reserved compared to you guys, so I kind of get a bit of a shock every time, haha!
    Taylor Swift Norway

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Do people who are not British get confused by Northern accents? Because the stereo-typical British voice is like a voice from the South of England. And Northern accents are different to that... I was just wondering if anyone gets confused? :)
    Hi, I'm WilllowTree

1)by iwasascarletletter

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Fetching user quote, Please Wait...
    "Righto"..oh gosh that's amazing :D
    I get people ask me if I'm Australian or Irish a lot, which I don't understand.. I tend to say random words differently. xD

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM

We don't talk posh though. We have more thugs and chavs in our country.

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Christine wrote:

Yeah, but that´s a good thing! Norwegians are a bit reserved compared to you guys, so I kind of get a bit of a shock every time, haha!
    Taylor Swift Norway

Haha, I've never met anyone Norwegian.. I went to Spain and they talk really fast there... As someone who's only been learning Spanish for two and a bit years, it was really confusing xD I got a lecture from our Spanish teacher while we were there about how to say sorry correctly :D

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I'm not British, but I love tea!! As far as me and my friends, we're obsessed with talking in British accents (although mine is really bad) but we are yet to find out how to sing in British accents. As far as I know...well, your English is a little different, fancier I guess. But what we all assume about you is:

You all have like, long straight hair that you always wear down or in an extremely fancy hairstyle.
    You have tea and cookies every day at like 4 or something.
    Your schools are very different.
    You have very prim and proper school uniforms. (We don't have uniforms at our school...)
    You're extremely polite.

Graphic Shop