1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Write a song (line by line)

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM Popular

I got bored so I made up this Song Writing Game.

This is how it works:
I started out the first game with a line which was "In my mind I'm wearing a red dress"
then another Swiftie came along and wrote the next line which happened to be "and you're doing what you do best". The song goes on from there. The next Swiftie to come along gets to write the next line to the song, and so on.

Rules:
There really aren't any rules, I'm not going to set limits on talent and inspiration (as long as that inspiration isn't stolen from anyone else), just keep it clean kids! =)
And of course ANYONE can join the current round.

If you wish to enter any songs you participated in, in a songwriting contest here on TC, or if you want to add this song to your songbook,just be sure to credit the co-writers who also wrote the song.
Have fun!

P.S.Dark Blue Tennessee made you guys a beautiful graphic to add to your signature, or to your profile... Thank you so much DBT!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Write a song (line by line)

Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Look and see you are beautiful
    Don't believe what they say
    They don't know how to be careful
    But someday they may
    Every word they say is so wrong
    I needed you to know my side
    And that's why I wrote this song
    You are unique, don't try and hide

{Chorus}
    Oh you, don't fall down hold on to me
    We'll break through in the years to be
    Oh you, get up and show them who you are
    And that's the cost of every scar

I can foresee someday in the future
    some heads will turn and jaws will drop
    You will no longer face the torture
    of when they tried to make you stop
    Believe me baby when these days are gone
    They'll be something you will laugh upon
    And your little ones will learn from you
    How you stood up and got through

Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Anyone ?

Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:49 AM

But someday they may

{Chorus}

[Repeat Chorus]

Well now they see what they've rejected
    It's something they never expected
    We were all waiting for the day they feared
    And now that day is finally here

I don't know, is that good enough?

Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:28 AM

InspiREDbyTay wrote:
    But someday they may

{Chorus}

[Repeat Chorus]

I don't know, is that good enough?

Woah that fits in perfectly! :)

Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Love it! Maybe the chorus again and then something like this...

Now you see that you are beautiful
    won't believe a single word they say
    cuz you know you're being truthful
    believing yourself more, and to this day
    you know they're just liars
    who burned themselves with fire

Umbron | Mint

Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Shandi Candy wrote:

Umbron | Mint
    That's perfect!! :D

annie | ileftmyscarfthere | bluebell

Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 6:48 AM

blindoptimism wrote:
    Shandi Candy wrote:

Umbron | Mint
    That's perfect!! :D

annie | ileftmyscarfthere | bluebell

Agree :)

Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Okay! :) Soooo I believe this is everything...

Verse 1:
    But someday they may

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Verse 3:

I think we have our song! :) anything else/changes etc?

Umbron | Mint

Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Shandi Candy wrote:
    Okay! :) Soooo I believe this is everything...

Verse 1:
    But someday they may

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Verse 3:

I think we have our song! :) anything else/changes etc?

Umbron | Mint

No changes!!:)

Title ideas?? I think it could be 'Oh you' or something like 'hold on to me'

Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM

I like Hold On To Me or Cost Of Every Scar

Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 9:12 AM

InspiREDbyTay wrote:
    I like Hold On To Me or Cost Of Every Scar

Oooo I like both of those!

Umbron | Mint

Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Good job swifties!! :)

[url=http://thingthingmusic.wix.com/k

Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:00 AM

lovelykate13 wrote:

[url=http://thingthingmusic.wix.com/k

Thanks Kate :) Haven't seen you for SO long

Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM

lovelykate13 wrote:

KATE!!!!!! Did you get my message??? Of course you came back when I was locked out of my account

Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Teachers needed

Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I like Cost of Every Scar. I think that pulls the whole story of the song together. How a girl is bullied most of her life and then she ends becoming this amazing and gorgeous person no one expected from her. Those scars helped her become who she did. That was the Cost of Every Scar. (:

Maybe I way over thought that...

Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Dark Blue Tennessee wrote:
    I like Cost of Every Scar. I think that pulls the whole story of the song together. How a girl is bullied most of her life and then she ends becoming this amazing and gorgeous person no one expected from her. Those scars helped her become who she did. That was the Cost of Every Scar. (:

Omg I agree. I like that! So "Cost of Every Scar" it is?

Sat, May 10, 2014 at 2:54 AM

ShandiMusic94 wrote:

I think it is

Sat, May 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM

InspiREDbyTay wrote:
    ShandiMusic94 wrote:

I think it is

Oh I like the way you brought that up!!! Agreed!

Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Swiftectioner wrote:
    InspiREDbyTay wrote:
    ShandiMusic94 wrote:

I think it is

Oh I like the way you brought that up!!! Agreed!

Okay! Updated the thread http://taylorswift.com/forum/games/2973603 shall we start a new song over there?