Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Write a song (line by line)

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM Popular

I got bored so I made up this Song Writing Game.

This is how it works:
I started out the first game with a line which was "In my mind I'm wearing a red dress"
then another Swiftie came along and wrote the next line which happened to be "and you're doing what you do best". The song goes on from there. The next Swiftie to come along gets to write the next line to the song, and so on.

Rules:
There really aren't any rules, I'm not going to set limits on talent and inspiration (as long as that inspiration isn't stolen from anyone else), just keep it clean kids! =)
And of course ANYONE can join the current round.
I will mark finished songs as "Finished" and songs that are in progress will be marked as "Open", Like I said, anyone can join open songs.
If you wish to enter any songs you participated in, in a songwriting contest here on TC, or if you want to add this song to your songbook,just be sure to credit the co-writers who also wrote the song.
Have fun!

Song Writing Game Round 1: Finished
Closer (Red Dress)
By: LIFE4US, taylor swift rox 24 13, shandimusic94, and lovelykate13
Song Writing Game Round 2: Finished
One Day
By: shandimusic94 , LIFE4US, Swiftiegurl13, Miss Meredith, & lovelykate13
Song Writing Game Round 3: Finished
Back Then
By: Bethlovestaylor, LIFE4US, shandimusic94, & lovelykate13
Song Writing Game Round 4: Finished! Challenge: Open with chorus!
Good Girl
By: Miss Meredith, FearlessSwiftie97, LIFE4US, shandimusic94, and lovelykate13
Song Writing Game Round 5: Finished!
Little Did I Know
by: lovelykate13, shandimusic94,
Glitter and Sparkly Dresses, staybeautiful 137 , MollySwift13, Miss Meredith, Sharonhayes 1974
Song Writing Game Round 6: Finished!
hear Flaxen Eyes' Cover here
Little Love
By: TaylorRedSwift13, Never forget Taylor is the BEST , shandimusic94, OhMySweetValery
, longlivetaylor...4ever&always, Topaz, blueguitar14, LuckyYou200, and Stay_Strong_Taylor1328
Song Writing Game round 7: Finished
Don't
By: lovelykate13, ShaniaSwifty, Elysia Swift, NeverSawYouComingonJuly6th2013, blueguitar14, shandimusic94, TaylorRedSwift13, PrincessesAndPirateships, WonderstruckSwiftie26, and quelinha
Song Writing Game Round 8: Finished!
Thing for You
Listen to lovelykate13's Version here
by: Becky1234,lovelykate13,shandimusic94,quelinha,TaylorRedSwift13, and NeverSawYouComingonJuly6th2013
Song Writing Game Round 9: Finished!
The Perfect Day
by: airadenise, Wishfall, TaylorSwift5060, NeverSawYouComingonJuly6th2013, Dark Blue Tennessee, TaylorRedSwift13 , shandimusic94 , and lovelykate13
Song Writing Game Round 10: Finished!
Never Thought It Was A Game
by: lovelykate13, shandimusic94, LeftMyScarf13,TaylorSwiftFan001, 13redpixie13, mia:D, and Theluckyswiftie13
Song Writing Game Round11:Finished!
Miss You
by: shandimusic94, LeftMyScarf13/ MagicInTheAir13, 13redpixie13, loveloveloveRED
Song Writing Game Round 12: Finished!
*Share This Magic
By: TSwift112001, shandimusic94, MagicInTheAir13 , TaylorSwift5060, and TaylorRedSwift13
Song Writing Game Round 13: Finished!
*Back to When
By: TheSixtiesQueen, shandimusic94 , TaylorRedSwift13 , LizLovesTaylor , Dark Blue Tennessee
, and MagicInTheAir13
Song Writing Game Round 14: Finished!
*Through It All
By: TaylorRedSwift13 , Elsa Rogers, taylor13, shandimusic94, and MagicInTheAir13
Song Writing Game Round 15: Finished!
*Whatever We Were
By: MagicInTheAir13, Shandimusic94 ,
TaylorRedSwift13 , and ASwiftieSister
Song Writing Game Round 16: Finished!
*Last Forever
By: MagicInTheAir13, Dark Blue Tennessee, shandimusic94, and editing/revising by TaylorRedSwift13
Song Writing Game Round 17-18: Finished!

19: Open

Hey guys!
I'm working on shifting this list over to a songbook page that I made that way all the songs will be in one place. It's taking a while because we have going on 20 songs here. Continue with playing the game and don't mind any changes (aka mess ups) I've got going on this post :) I'll give you the link when I have the songbook set up!
-Katie

P.S.Dark Blue Tennessee made you guys a beautiful graphic to add to your signature, or to your profile... Thank you so much DBT!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Write a song (line by line)

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM

and you're doing what you do best

^hopefully that's ok???? this is exciting thanks for the thread!

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM

LIFE4US wrote:

^hopefully that's ok???? this is exciting thanks for the thread!

yes that's great! thanks for replying.

working your eyes from across the room

https://www.facebook.com/KatieThing
    ^^^^^ my music page on facebook =)

"I didn't say half the things I wanted to"

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM

and i'm watching those blue eyes move...

^you can totally just ignore that line though... and rewrite. i couldn't come up with anything sorry. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

{in my mind i'm wearing a red dress
    and i'm watching those blue eyes move}

in
    closer
    closer
    closer

Verse 2: or chorus:.............

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

ok that's it. the name of this song is closer. like really.
    ^ok sorry it's your song your choice. :)

can we make that the pre-chorus?

here's the chorus:
    and now you're right next to me
    can't you see you're the only one i can see?
    oh please don't leave me
    just come closer, closer, closer.

ok that was 4 lines. :)
    change whatever you want. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Verse 1:
    in my mind i'm wearing a red dress
    and i'm watching those blue eyes move
    in

pre-chorus :
    closer
    closer
    closer

chorus:
    you're all i can see
    oh please don't leave me
    begging for more
    just come
    closer,
    closer,
    closer.

(instead of adding a line this time I put my two cents in the chorus lol. btw I love the blue eyes, and it's not just my song right now it's our song but it can be everyone's song. I didn't make rules for a reason, it was an idea I had but I'm not going to kill inspiration by putting limits on it [= )

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

verse 2:
    in my mind you take my hand

your turn. :) your = the next person who sees this. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM

(apparently we're the only ones interested in this haha)

{in my mind you take my hand}

we're in the rain, in the dark
    it's like you've had this planned

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM

in my mind you take my hand
    it's like you've had this planned
    we're in the rain, in the night
    and we're shining like the stars tonight

ok you can change it but i changed it 'cause the verse 1 rhyme scheme was: AABB so i thought i'd make the rhyme scheme the same...

and dark is hard to rhyme of course you can rewrite though. :)

1. TanyaxOh; 2. Annie

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM

in my dreams youd kiss my face but in reality you took me home and now your comming closer closer closer to me

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

sorry mine was supposed to be after lovelykate13s

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM

but it can be after LIFE4US

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Verse 1:
    in

pre-chorus :
    closer
    closer
    closer

chorus:
    you're all i can see
    oh please don't leave me
    begging for more
    just come
    closer,
    closer,
    closer

Verse2:

in reality you took me home that night
    and it felt like the stars had finally aligned
    in my mind you'd take me by the hand
    in the rain, in the dark, it's like you've had this planned

(best I could do of combining it)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM

could I possibly write the music for this song?? :) I can figure out a few different ideas/melodies etc and send them to you.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

shandimusic94 wrote:
    could I possibly write the music for this song?? :) I can figure out a few different ideas/melodies etc and send them to you.

that'd be awesome! and if you come up with chords tell me so I can play them on my guitar =)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM

lovelykate13 wrote:
    shandimusic94 wrote:

that'd be awesome! and if you come up with chords tell me so I can play them on my guitar =)

okay! I can record them and send you an email or something so you can get my idea for the rhythm and melody, also you can choose which sound you like the best for it, and of course feel free to change them up a little and whatnot :)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM

shandimusic94 wrote:
    lovelykate13 wrote:
    shandimusic94 wrote:

okay! I can record them and send you an email or something so you can get my idea for the rhythm and melody, also you can choose which sound you like the best for it, and of course feel free to change them up a little and whatnot :)

awesomeness! you are brilliant!
    pm me on here and I'll give you my email =)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Okay sent you a message! and for the next line...

you start to lean in, I feel it coming

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Verse 1:
    in

pre-chorus :
    closer
    closer
    closer

chorus:
    you're all i can see
    oh please don't leave me
    begging for more
    just come
    closer,
    closer,
    closer

Verse2:

in reality you took me home that night
    and it felt like the stars had finally aligned
    in my mind you'd take me by the hand
    in the rain, in the dark, it's like you've had this planned
    so we could be

pre chorus
    closer
    closer
    closer

chorus:
    you're right next to me
    you're all i can see
    oh please don't leave me
    begging for more
    just come
    closer,
    closer,
    closer

Bridge:
    you start to lean in, I feel it coming
    (closer,closer)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:09 AM

haha i meant my line for the bridge, but i guess where you put it works too :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.