1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Censor / Cute Words

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I miss the days when someone would swear and it would be replaced with a cute word. Like, "Holy cupcake!" or "I don't give a fluffy bunnies what you think". Could this make a reapperance?

I'm going to test out a few swear words now, just to see what censor there currently is (if I end up swearing I'll edit this right away).

EDIT - Rather alarmingly there doesn't seem to be any censor. Maybe I'm just too used to having one but there are young fans who come on here, we don't want them telling their parents that they're bicycles and that they talk a load of dinosaurs! Isn't the world a lot nicer with cute words instead of cuss words? :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Censor / Cute Words

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM

That is adorable :)

credit to sparklesloverxoxo

by me :)

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

This would be fun to have! :D

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM

neoswiftie wrote:
    That's another feature that should be implemented... this is even available in free 'forum admin' settings...
    usernames should also be checked for rude/offensive words!!

I know it's not possible to do a scan of avatars for weird/offensive pictures... so if you see something that shouldn't be on TC ~~> contact a moderator

Hopefully my avatar doesn't come off as offensive, ahah.

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM

youmakemefearless wrote:
    That's so adorable, I hope we get it back :)

Me too!

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I'm kinda new, but I've never heard anyone say anything even close to a swear. I would still like to see this censor in action though cuz it seems pretty hilarious

Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I remember that happening! I hope they can bring it back :)

Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

A Duchess And A Prince wrote:
    No one should swear on TC. There is no need for it. If you are angry then you should just keep it to yourself. TC shoulfd be a friendly place.

You should never keep anger to yourself. I used to do that and as a result I feel into a very dark place. They should be able to vent.

However I do agree with the swearing. I mean I always swear, Sometimes without realising, but if I can keep my language in cheek on line then everyone else should be able to. There is a place for that language and online is most Defiantly not it

MissMeRed - Bananahrr

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Such a good idea!! Sounds so cool!

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Why hasn't this happened yet? xD

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

ATTENTION ALL MODS!

Can you please do this again! Please!!!
    I say NO to bullying. I am FEARLESS. I wish to Speak Now.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/2048761

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Funny

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Someone was mad at me once and they meant to say the bad B word But they ended up saying "You are such a fluffy bunny"

made by THeWorldsBIggestTaylorFan^^

http[/signature]

Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:41 PM

LOL this sound cool! I have saw a lot of cussing on here and i dont like it!

^Guppy1313^

backtoafirstglance

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM

we need a petition for this!

Topaz
    ] Me
    Me

Love, Love, Love Emma

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I wasn't on the old TC a lot so I never saw it, but I want them to bring it back. It sounds hilarious and there just shouldn't be swear/curse words on TC. I mean what the cupcake* are we letting our children see!? This site it supposed to be a fun, happy place to hang out with Swifties. We don't need any teddy bear* swears.

( I censored my swears :)

MissMeRed

Reshmi4Bieber

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

FearlessNovelist wrote:
    I wasn't on the old TC a lot so I never saw it, but I want them to bring it back. It sounds hilarious and there just shouldn't be swear/curse words on TC. I mean what the cupcake* are we letting our children see!? This site it supposed to be a fun, happy place to hang out with Swifties. We don't need any teddy bear* swears.

( I censored my swears :)

MissMeRed

Reshmi4Bieber

This

If ya wanna chat or something:
    Email: jpkelem@gmail.com or miserablemagical13@ymail.com or 4everswifty13@gmail.com If you want me to respond faster email me at the first one. I barely check the 3rd one and will probably forget about the 2nd one soon :P

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I miss the adorable censor! I've seen people cussing more frequently on the forums these days. It always catches me by surprise, one because there's no reason to use those words on a Taylor Swift forum, and two because before that word would have been automatically changed.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I agree, this would add cuteness to TC :)

| both avi and siggy made by me |

Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Yes,that would be adorable!!! Awwwww,I can se it now...

http://taylorswift.com/forum/off_topic/1928121#post_12004101