Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Problems With Posting?

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Is anyone else having problems when they post comments? Like if I comment on a thread and look at it half the stuff that I wrote is gone! So then you have to go back and edit it and it's kinda annoying because it happens every time! Is anyone else having this problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Wonderful avi made by DancingAroundAllAlone (:

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Problems With Posting?

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I don't know or have it but I have seen a few people having that problem...

^^^Guppy1313
    Come to my profile for the links to my graphic shop and songbook I'd be enchanted if you did!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Yes, was like this all day yesterday. Very annoying.

Today I'm trying to quote someone else's post and just getting a 'fetching user quote please wait' message and nothing happens.

Frustrating. The problem resides with the forum software - either the forum software is:

a) not very good

b) the load on the web server hosting the web content side of things is large and it can't cope with the CPU/ram required

c) the network load on the web server hosting the web content is not able to handle the network bandwidth throughput

d) the SQL database that stores all the data for the forum is either not able to handle the load or is badly designed

e) all of the above

As users, we can't fix it. I personally do not think the choice of forum software is a good one - that's my honest appraisal. Without knowing the hardware used for the web server(s) [it could be load balanced] or sql server I can't really properly comment.

Dave

PS I work as a tech for an ISP - so looking at web servers and SQL servers is a daily thing for me!!!

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Well, the problem is larger than I thought - even manually quoting the user (using the quote tags and specifying the user as per the BBCode instructions) isn't working - it just hangs on 'posting' the post to the forum.

Note: the quoting issue is new as of today as far as I've experienced. The problems yesterday (of disappearing posts) hasn't re-occurred today - yet.

Ordinary, non quoting posts seem OK.

Dave

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM

The posting issue is back again and I know it's not just me - others that I know no Twitter are saying the same thing. Come guys, fix it!

Dave

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I havent had that problem yet

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Well, the quoting issue is back again...come on guys, please fix existing issues before you even consider adding features to the forums. Seems to be either an intermittent issue, or a Chrome related issue (just was able to log in via IE and quote the post that I wanted to).

I run Chrome at home (I'm at work now) and haven't noticed issues at home. I'll do some more testing and add my notes to this thread.

Dave

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I cant edit my stuff ... It comes up as an error .

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Testing......
    I haven't really had an problems though.......

1) SupermanFlyAway 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.