Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Bring Back the 20 Posts Rule

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

For those who don't know, on the old TC there was a rule that new members couldn't post a new topic until they'd made 20 posts in existing threads. There were a few advantages to this;

- It helped new members to find their way around the forum and give a feel for how it works.
- Spammers couldn't plague the forums with new threads about complete rubbish as quickly
- If anyone was out to create an account and cause trouble, the regular members and the Mods could sometimes suss them out by the way they were using their account before they got to that magic number.

Nowadays people can join TC and post right away, which means that some people who might not be as familiar with how to use a forum and the basic etiquette are not getting the same kind of preparation. I'm not saying that the 20 post rule is the answer to all our problems, but it certainly helped in suprising ways to keep TC safe and tidy.

If anyone has anything to add, you know where to find the reply button :)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Bring Back the 20 Posts Rule

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yeah, i think that would be good. But then the spammers would just spam existing posts to get 20 comments, right?

^Made by the fearless and enchanting Swiftlookalike!

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Elysia Swift wrote:
    Yeah, i think that would be good. But then the spammers would just spam existing posts to get 20 comments, right?

Yeah, they would still be able to do that. When Red was about to come out though, about 95% of the new threads were about sports and it really made the forum a huge mess. At least if they had to get to 20 posts first, we wouldn't have so many new topics getting in the way of real discussion!

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

When you join TC you have to comment on 10 threads before you can create a new thread

what you suggested is already in place!

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

url[/signature]

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

YES!
    Swiftie, Potterhead, Mockingjay, OneRepublican :)

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Clueless wrote:
    Elysia Swift wrote:

Yeah, they would still be able to do that. When Red was about to come out though, about 95% of the new threads were about sports and it really made the forum a huge mess. At least if they had to get to 20 posts first, we wouldn't have so many new topics getting in the way of real discussion!

OMS, I know that was SO annoying! That would be nice...but still, they could trash posts and they could take over the blog scene (which you can do when you first join)

^Made by the fearless and enchanting Swiftlookalike!

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM

lovetswift13 wrote:
    When you join TC you have to comment on 10 threads before you can create a new thread

Really? I didn't realise that, no one ever mentions it (it got a lot of complaints on the old TC, believe me it was mentioned like every other day!) and I joined when this forum first opened, so I never had to put up with that rule (because then there would be no threads to post on!)

Thanks for letting me know, I'll stop campaigning if that's the case :)

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Clueless wrote:
    lovetswift13 wrote:

Really? I didn't realise that, no one ever mentions it (it got a lot of complaints on the old TC, believe me it was mentioned like every other day!) and I joined when this forum first opened, so I never had to put up with that rule (because then there would be no threads to post on!)

Thanks for letting me know, I'll stop campaigning if that's the case :)

10 posts may not be enough. It should be at least 13!!!!!!!

RE: Bring Back the 20 Posts Rule

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I joined less then a month ago and when I joined I had to post a comment in 10 threads before I could create my own but that's it

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

lovetswift13 wrote:

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

url[/signature][/quote]
    Really? When I first posted the thread on here for... I think it was thirteen stories, I didn't have to comment on ten posts before I could create threads. Maybe I already commented on enough before I posted.

[signature]LONG LIVE SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/signature]

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

longliveswift wrote:
    lovetswift13 wrote:

Really? When I first posted the thread on here for... I think it was thirteen stories, I didn't have to comment on ten posts before I could create threads. Maybe I already commented on enough before I posted.

You're a founding member though, if the forum had had this rule from the beginning, no one would have had enough posts to create a new thread! So it's a rule they have to add in once there's more members.

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

JessRed13 wrote:
    I joined less then a month ago and when I joined I had to post a comment in 10 threads before I could create my own but that's it

Oh, thanks for letting me know :) I thought it was still a case of anyone being able to post a new thread.

Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I have to say no to this because I was an active user in the last board and made many more than 10 replies here and these boards don't even register how active you have been.

1. Moderator

Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

As others have said there is a 10 post rule. It's been in place for about a month.

Thanks to Kerri for the sig!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Thanks!

Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I agree! Spammers/Trolls will probably get fed up

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:25 AM

You have a point. But it gets pretty boring for some users to reach 20 comments before they could even posts their own threads, though, and sometimes it leads them to just abandoning their accounts (for impatient people, anyway). So I guess this is really helpful, though. But I guess it should maybe be, like, only ten posts or something? Maybe even 15? :)

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:30 AM

im sporty person but I have to admit..... coming here after basketball training and seeing more things about sports isn;t quite the view you want to see.... I came here to socialize with my fellow Swifties and see and watch how amazing Taylor's influence can affect people in different ways AND I WOULD LOVE THAT BACK
    [!url=http://taylorswift.com/forum/meet_greet_stories/2136251][?IMG]http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/frogo3000/3e9e31bbab6faed4f1f9090f0a0a79f7.jpg[/?IMG][/?url]

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I kind of think it should be like one week and a certain number of posts after you join before you can make your own topics because spammers can just sit at a computer and the post ten times really easily where as if there was a time period as well they would get bored and go find somewhere else.

I mean I know that it would completely suck for the Swifties that actually want to use TC for the reasons that it was created but we don't want spammers her and sometimes the only way to deal with them are the most sucky ways.

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Courtz wrote:
    I kind of think it should be like one week and a certain number of posts after you join before you can make your own topics because spammers can just sit at a computer and the post ten times really easily where as if there was a time period as well they would get bored and go find somewhere else.

I mean I know that it would completely suck for the Swifties that actually want to use TC for the reasons that it was created but we don't want spammers her and sometimes the only way to deal with them are the most sucky ways.

Nice idea, I like that!

Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Great idea! It will help with the spammers. Probably reduce them by A LOT.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.