- TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
- Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
- So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
- Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
Bring Back the 20 Posts Rule
For those who don't know, on the old TC there was a rule that new members couldn't post a new topic until they'd made 20 posts in existing threads. There were a few advantages to this;
- It helped new members to find their way around the forum and give a feel for how it works.
- Spammers couldn't plague the forums with new threads about complete rubbish as quickly
- If anyone was out to create an account and cause trouble, the regular members and the Mods could sometimes suss them out by the way they were using their account before they got to that magic number.
Nowadays people can join TC and post right away, which means that some people who might not be as familiar with how to use a forum and the basic etiquette are not getting the same kind of preparation. I'm not saying that the 20 post rule is the answer to all our problems, but it certainly helped in suprising ways to keep TC safe and tidy.
If anyone has anything to add, you know where to find the reply button :)