1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Miss Kathryn's Classroom (GES)

Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Class of 2013 May 14- August 14

I WILL BE ON VACATION JUNE 28-JULY 13

Welcome to Miss Kathryn's 5th grade graphic classroom! This is where I'll be teaching and informing the students about good resources & textures, how to position and organize their graphics, etc.! You can sign up for my class here, but you are welcome to come visit, and look at my tutorials :)

Graphic Elementary School
Teacher's Office
Study Hall
Playground

Students

Caitlin (Guppy1313)
Amanda (bewonderstruck13)
Nikki (chandelierofstars)
Caitlin (InTheRedDress)
Dmeosi
Ana (LivinALoveStory)
Line (GirlOnAMission19)

NOTE
If you have changed your username, planning on leaving TC, or are taking a break from TC, please PM me or leave a note on this forum.

Subjects

Textures
Resources
Blending
Cutting
Efficiency
Organization
Coloring
Text

Resources

yeahps
swimchick

ANNOUNCEMENTS
New lessons up! Click here!
Homework: Make a graphic using the tutorials I showed you!
DUE: July 14

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Miss Kathryn's Classroom (GES)

Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Thats alot of cotton candy!

I became FEARLESS when I heard TAYLOR SWIFT. I can SPEAK NOW that I was in the same room as her. Love her music FOREVER & ALWAYS.

[ur[/signature]

Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 7:35 AM

ductapelvr wrote:
    Thats alot of cotton candy!

I became FEARLESS when I heard TAYLOR SWIFT. I can SPEAK NOW that I was in the same room as her. Love her music FOREVER & ALWAYS.

haha yeah :P

1:Bluebell 2,3:Me

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH RIGHT NOW I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON AND A HORRIBLE TEACHER I HAVEN'T BEEN ON AT ALL LATELY D':

Turtle: That looks awesome!!
    Lauryn: It's okay, you did it better than me :P BEAUTIFULLLLLL
    Kate: YASSSSSSSS! COTTON CANDY I LOVE YOU

by Daya!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Here are your diplomas!

by Daya!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

ductapelvr wrote:
    Thanks!

No problem! :)

by Daya!

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

yay! but i'm going to miss being your student!!!

1,3,4: Me 2: Bluebell

Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

TaylorHeart13 wrote:
    yay! but i'm going to miss being your student!!!

Awh I'm gonna miss being your teacher!!!

by Daya!

Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM

LESSON #1- Blending Different Pictures
    Today, we will be making a graphic similar to this:

First, open up the two pictures you wish to use.
    (I chose this and this)

Resize them down to the size you need them. I suggest the width be around 1000 pixels.

Open up a 500x200 white canvas.

Copy & Paste one of the pictures onto the canvas.

Move Picture #1 to the right of the canvas.

Sharpen or Smart Sharpen Picture #1.

Take the dropper tool (looks like a turkey baster/eye dropper) and pick the main color to the left of the picture.

Get the brush tool and color in the left side of the canvas, just barely overlapping with Picture #1. (If your picture fills up the whole canvas, don't bother with this step)

Create a new layer.

Copy & Paste Picture #2 onto the canvas, resize it again if you have to, and smart/sharpen it.

Go to the Blending options, and pick "Hard Light" or "Soft Light". I prefer Hard Light because it blends it in better. (**Feel free to play with this part)

Adjust the curves to your preference, Hue, Saturation, or just leave it as is.

Add your credit and WALA! You've just blended two pictures into a graphic :)

HOMEWORK
    Create a blended graphic using this tutorial. DUE May 25

1. Christina 2. Daya

Sun, May 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

bump

1. Christina 2. Daya

Tue, May 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM

well...
    here's mine! :/
    I don't like it... but I was a little bit confused, bc i had to translate a lot of words and it's really late here, so... I'm sorry! :/

Siggy-> Me|Heleh|Nikki

Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:08 AM

My homework!

Is it ok? I did with 3 pictures instead :)

By Me

Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Hey there Miss Kathryn! I used to be theWonderstruckSwiftie :)
    Avi by Daya~

Me ~ Kate ~ autumn leaves falling ~ Daya

Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Line and Ana: Thanks for turning in your homework!
    Nikki: Thanks for letting me know! Remember to turn in your homework :)

Note: Homework is due tonight! Make sure to turn yours in!

1. Christina 2. Daya

Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Can I bump this thread? :)

Siggy-> Me|Heleh|Nikki

Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

OH MY GOSH I AM THE WORST PERSON ON THIS PLANET. Okay, hopefully now that it's summer, I'll have more time for this. I'll be making two tutorials today, keep an eye out for it :)

1. Christina 2. Daya

Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I WILL BE ON VACATION JUNE 28-JULY 13

Okay, class, today we'll be learning how to properly cut out images, and how to color your graphics.

LESSON #1: Cutting out an image

If you have photoshop, use the pen tool for this tutorial.
    If you have pixlr or Gimp, use the lasso tool for this.

Pixlr/Gimp:

Step 1: Open up your desired picture.
    Step 2: Click on the lasso tool, and in the upper-left corner, there should be an option between a rounded lasso, and a polygonal lasso. Click on the polygonal lasso.
    Step 3: Set the feather to 1.
    Step 4: Click all around the outline of what you want to cut out, and when you're finished, connect the last point where you clicked to the beginning point.
    Step 5: Go to edit, copy, and then click on where you want the cut-out to be placed. Then, click edit, paste.
    Finished!

Photoshop:

Step 1: Open up your desired picture.
    Step 2: Click on the pen tool.
    Step 3: Start tracing the edges of the picture, from top to bottom. Once you're finished, connect the end point to the beginning point. If you make a mistake, don't worry! Just go to edit>step backwards and continue.
    Step 4: After you've traced the edges, right click (or ctrl>left click) the image, and select "Make Selection"
    Step 5: A pop-up will show, and if you want a clean cut, type in "0" for Feather Radius, but if you want it to be slightly blurred, type in "1" or "2".
    Step 5: Go to Edit>copy, click on your background that you want it placed on, and go to Edit>paste.
    Finished!

LESSON #2: Coloring an image

Pixlr/Gimp:

Step 1: Select your desired picture you want to color, and open it up.
    Step 2: Start with curves. Go to adjustment>curves, and adjust it how you want it. How I usually do mine:

Step 3: In the layers box, click on the original image. Now, go to layer>duplicate layer. Go to adjustment>Desaturate. Now, in the layers box, there should be a little box that looks like this:

Click that, and set the mode to "Hardlight". Now, lower the opacity to around 25% or 30%.
    Step 4: Click on the original image in the layers box. Go to Adjustment> Brightness & Contract. Play around with the settings until you're happy.
    Step 5: Click on the original image in the layers box. Go to adjustments>color vibrance and play with the setting until you're happy.
    Step 6: Click on the original image in the layers box. Go to Adjustments>Color balance and play with the settings. Keep it subtle, though, so that it's not too extreme.
    Step 7: Click on the desaturated layer in the layers box, and add a new layer. fill in that entire new layer with one solid color, then play with the mode setting and opacity until you like it.
    Finished!

Side note: You can play with the adjustments all you want, but this is just a good place to start at.

Photoshop:

If you go to this link, it will tell you all about how to color photos.

HOMEWORK: Make a graphic using these tutorials. DUE: July 14

1. Christina 2. Daya

Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM

bump

1. Christina 2. Daya

Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

bump..

1. Christina 2. Daya 3.Lovestruck23

Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Will go through it sometime today :)

1st/Avvie: Me 2nd: Lullabyx