1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sparkling Rose Design School

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Hey, and welcome to Sparkling Rose Design School! Just like in a regular school there are multiple teachers here, but it's not like each teacher teaches a different course. All of the teachers in Sparkling Rose Design School are experienced enough to teach all of the courses. We have an unlimited amount of spots available for students.

How it Works

Your teacher will tutor you one-on-one through PM. They will help you with contest entries (but of course you must make the graphic yourself), and if you'd like, will mentor you in "The Graphic Games" style competitions. They will give you one-on-one, step-by-step, personalized for your needs tutorials. You can ask any questions you need and they will answer them to the best of their ability.

Rules

1. You'll use the program your teacher is best at.
2. All lessons are free.
3. Turn in your homework on time.
4. If you or your teacher has exams at school or other conflicts, lessons will be paused.
5. You may only take 1 course at a time.
6. Credit your teacher or Sparkling Rose Design School in your shop.

Courses

1. Beginner Design (learn how to make very easy, basic graphics; recommended for experience level up to 1 month)

Example of what you learn in Beginner Design class

2. Intermediate Design (learn how to make graphics that are a little harder;recommended for experience level 1 month and above.)

Example of what you learn in Intermediate Design class

3. Advanced Design (learn how to make graphics that are quite hard; recommended for experience level 2 months and above.)

Example of what you learn in Advanced Design class

3. GIF Graphics (perfect your moving graphic technique; recommended for experience level 1 month and above.)

Example of what you learn in GIF graphic class

4. Requesting 101 (learn ways to get more graphic requests; recommended for all experience levels.)
5. Components of Graphics (learn cutting, textures, fonts, brushes, etc; recommended for all experience levels.)
6. Graphic Competition Class (Your teacher will help you with whatever graphic contests you enter; recommended for all experience levels.)

Tests

Every 2 weeks will be one test in the form of a request. Your teacher will fill out the form in your graphic shop, or if you don't have one, the form in their graphic shop. You must fill out the request and your teacher will give you a review on it. That review is your report card. If you get 2 A's on your report cards in a row, you have officially graduated from that course. You may keep going with the course if you'd like, but there is no need since you have already mastered it. You will receive a diploma saying that you have graduated from that course.

Forms

Student
What do you want to be called?
Experience level? (Don't worry if it's none!)
3 graphic examples?
Shop? (If you have one)
Course you're taking?
What do you most want to learn?
Which type of tutorial (video, written with screenshots, or just written) do you learn best with?
Do you have a preferred teacher?
Anything else?

Teacher
What do you want to be called by the principal?
What do you want to be called by your students?
Experience level? (Must be more than 2 months)
What program do you use?
5 Graphic Examples?
Shop Link?
How much time you have to teach?
Do you have any experience teaching?
Specialties?
Anything else?

Teachers

Topaz - Principal of Sparkling Rose Design School. Currently tutoring 6 students. 2 and a half months experience. Uses Pixlr, Online-Image-Editor, and on rare occasions Gimp and Picmonkey. Examples can be seen here.

Amanda - Currently tutoring 1 student. More than 7 months experience. Uses Pixlr, Online-Image-Editor, and Printshop. Examples can be seen here.

Caitlin - Currently not tutoring anyone. 6-7 months experience. Uses Pixlr and sometimes GIMP. Specialties are her avatars. Examples can be seen here.

Winnie - Currently not tutoring anyone. 6 months experience. Uses Photoshop and Pixlr. Examples can be seen here.

Raegan - Currently not tutoring anyone. Around 6 months experience. Uses Pixlr. Examples can be seen here.

Students

swifty fan13 - taught by Topaz
LifeInPictures - taught by Topaz
ColorsInAutumn - taught by Topaz
TSwiftieful - taught by Topaz
BeRedBeFearlessSpeakNow - taught by Topaz
BrightHazelEyes - taught by Topaz
BeautifulTune13 - taught by Amanda

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(c) Annie, Issy, Bug, and Izzy for the Design School idea

Me | Tanyaxoh

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sparkling Rose Design School

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

What I should call you? Sydney
    Experience level? 3 weeks
    3 graphic examples?

Shop? (If you have one)http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2347273/page/2#post_19564673
    Course you're taking? Components Of Graphics. (#5)
    What do you most want to learn? How to cut alot better.
    Which type of tutorial (video, written with screenshots, or just written) do you learn best with? I like videos and Written with screenshots!
    Anything else? I can't wait to work with you!

made by moi!

Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

^I PMed you! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM

What I should call you? Jo

Experience level? I think it's intermediare

3 graphic examples?

[imghttp://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad11/SunShineInTheBlueSky/ehc_zps8ff7317e.jpg

Shop? http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2353073/page/1?r=19877853#post_19877853

Course you're taking? 4.

What do you most want to learn? How to use Online-Image-Editor at its best, cause I'm not very good with it.

Which type of tutorial (video, written with screenshots, or just written) do you learn best with?
    I think I understand better written with screenshots but it would be okay, only just written

Anything else? Can't wait for my first lesson!

[/signature]

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 4:56 AM

^PMed you! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Bump!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Re: *NOW HIRING* Sparkling Rose Design School

Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Bump!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Bump!!!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

can i be a teacher?

what you want to be called : amanda

experience : i've had my shop for 7 months but i've been making graphics a lot longer :)

program : pixlr, online-image-editor, printshop (but no one knows what that is)

graphics :

shop link : in my siggy :)

how much time do i have? : well, i'm starting school next week so i won't have that much. but i'll be able to on weekends and maybe sometimes during the week :)

experience teaching : none. sorry...

specialties : um, not sure.

anything else : this is a great idea! thanks :)

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Bump! Amanda is our newest teacher! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM

{hey can I be a teacher? }

What do you want to be called by the principal - Winnie (or my username)

What do you want to be called by your students - Winnie (or my username)

Experience level? (Must be more than 2 months)- 6 months

What program do you use? - photoshop and pixlr

5 Graphic Examples -

(does the one I just made for you count?)

Shop Link: here (I deleted my old shop)

How much time you have to teach: weekends and sometimes school days

Do you have any experience teaching: tried to teach my friend :)

Specialties: not really idk

Anything else: nope thx :)

there are many shades of red-
    ThirteenShadesOfRed

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM

What do you want to be called by the principal? Caitlin
    What do you want to be called by your students? Caitlin
    Experience level? (Must be more than 2 months) 6-7 months
    What program do you use? pixlr and gimp sometimes
    5 Graphic Examples?
    Avvie:
    Siggy:

Banner:
    Non-Taylor:

Shop Link? In my siggy http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/1964061
    How much time you have to teach? I will be available on TC everyday except for most of Friday
    Do you have any experience teaching? Not yet, I'm a teacher at multiple schools that are just starting
    Specialties? My avvies :D
    Anything else? PM me with any additional information I will need to know if i get the job?

Vote

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Bump! 2 new teachers, any student applicants? :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I want to be a student

What do I want to be called; Just by my username is fine
    Expiereince level: Not really any....
    Course I want to take: Beginner
    Shop: None
    What do I most want to learn: how to make awesome graphics like you guys! :) especially the gifs but that will be later lol!
    What type of tutorial: Anything that the teacher is comfortable with
    Do you have any preferred teacher: No (any teacher is good
    Anything else: nope ;)
    -FEARLESSALWAYS13

"Be yourself cause everyone else is taken"
    -- Taylor swift

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Are There Any More Spots For Teachers?

What do you want to be called by the principal?TakeAwayThePain
    What do you want to be called by your students?Raegan
    Experience level? (Must be more than 2 months)6 Or-So Months
    What program do you use?Pixlr
    5 Graphic Examples?

Shop Link?http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2358693
    How much time you have to teach?I Can Teach Whenever:)
    Do you have any experience teaching?No
    Specialties?Not Really Any I Love Making All Types Of Graphics:)
    Anything else?Thanks:)

htt[/signature]

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

when do the classes start????

Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM

What do you want to be called? Anna Banana
    Experience level? (Don't worry if it's none!) Around 3 weeks
    3 graphic examples? Here are my best two, I don't really have any good ones... and my avatar
    Shop? (If you have one) I don't have one. I do want to make one when I have more experience though! :)
    Course you're taking? Probably Beginner Design since I don't have much experience :)
    What do you most want to learn? I don't know? Maybe how to become experienced enough so that I can sometime in the future open a shop?
    Which type of tutorial (video, written with screenshots, or just written) do you learn best with? Written with screenshots.
    Do you have a preferred teacher? Nope! I guess just someone who uses Pixlr!
    Anything else? I use Pixlr. I do have homework and such from school so I may not be able to always be on... :)

Thanks!

[url=http://i1326.pho/]http://i1326.pho[/url][/signature]

Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM

^I've PMed you teacher, you'll start lessons soon! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh | TheTCGrammys

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Bump!

Me | Tanyaxoh | TheTCGrammys

Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Bump!