Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Graphic Guru- Cowgirl's Tutorials

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM

A COUNTRY GIRL'S GUIDE TO GRAPHICS

Well hey! I'm Cowgirl :) I quit graphic making recently and so I'm doing this to help with new graphic makers! Here is a list of the covered articles:

1. Intro

Basic Graphic Making
2. A Beginner's Basic Graphic
2.5. Tips and Tricks from the last tutorial
3. Original Backgrounds
4. Cutting
5. Adding the background
6. Making your text stand OUT
Advanced Graphic Making
1. Blending
2. Advanced Cutting

Cool extras:
1. Gradient Text
2. Curved Corners
I hope y'all enjoy everything I bring for you here!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Graphic Guru

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Yay!

Vote

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Ok, that was a lie :P I might do it today, but I'm not sure :)

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Allyouareismean wrote:
    All I know is a simple name wrote:
    Here's what I did with your cutting tutorial well I changed some things too :) Is it good?

Really good! :)

Thanks!! :)

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

*BOOKMARKING*Graphic Shop

1-likeaperfectrhyme 2-Me

Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I dunno if I can do this... but if I can, can I claim the tutorial after the next tutorial? Like I know Caitlin's claiming the next one, but can I claim the one after that?

Me | Tanyaxoh

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS UNTIL NOW :( I'm so sad you quit :( But I'm currently trying ALL of these!

^ made b

Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hey y'all :) I promise I haven't forgotten bout y'all!!! I will be doing more tutorials soon!!! PROMISE!!!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

HOPEFULLY!!!!!! I'll get another few tutorials up next weekend!!! March 13th isnt far away!!!! Then y'all will know when you can get graphics full time again :)

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Blending

We're onto advanced graphics now!!!! YAY!!!! Blending is a really great effect- here's how to do itttt!!!!!!

1. Open Pixlr (500x200), and choose a photoshoot. Choose two photos. I chose these:

2. Overlap them how you like :)
    3. Select the one on the overlapping layer (top one). Go on the lasso tool, set the feather to 100. Select roughly around taylor on the image.
    4. When the two ends meet, go to edit> cut
    5. Delete the layer
    6. Go to edit> paste and position it again :)
    7. Done diddly done!!! :) Feel free to add text and any effects you may want :)

Here's how mine turned out:

^^
    For Guppy1313

:)

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Advanced Cutting

We've done cutting before, but this time, we're using COMPLICATED picture backgrounds :) The trick is simple- COLOUR.

1. Cut it out simply by erasing the background
    2. It'll look bad now- BUT TRUST US, it gets better! :)
    3. Now, add a coloured background, REALLY close to the original background colour from the picture.
    4. Decorate your background in any way you want :) I might show you a couple ways in another tutorial :)

Here's mine (13shiningstars):

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Gradient text tutorial for Pixlr:
    Open up pixlr, and write some text. If the font is rather spindly, put it on a bold setting.

1. Now the basics are sorted, rasterize the layer :)
    2. Now, with the magic wand tool, select the first letter of the text. Depending on the font it could select the whole word or the first two letters or anything really, just select the first 'bit'
    3. Click the gradient tool, and choose a gradient. Drag the gradient over the text.
    4. Repeat for the rest of the 'bits' of the text.

Sweet love and the sound of fiddles,
    Cowgirl xx

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Curved corners tutorial on Pixlr
    Open up Pixlr, and make your background.

1. Mask the layer that your background's on
    2. Click the drawing tool (it's a yellow circle overlapped on a yellow rectangle)
    3. Change the radius to around 52 and make sure the curved corner rectangle is selected.
    4. Drag this across the 500x200 space to reveal your background in this shape :)

Cowgirl xx

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hey !!
    So, I was nominated for the Best Tutorial at the Graphic Grammies !! :O :O :O AND I GOT THROUGH TO THE MAIN EVENT !!!

You don't have to, but since you're here, I'd love if you could check out the other nominees in my category (they're amazing !!) and make your vote.

It'd mean the world if you could vote for me, but I'm really close friends with the other nominees so I'll be really happy whoever wins :) Here's the link to the graphic grammies, don't forget to vote !!:

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2506293
    Cowgirl xx

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

BUMP :)
    Cowgirl xx

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

OKAY, so the main event voting hasn't started yet, it'll start in 3 days !! In the mean time vote for the pending nominees:

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2519743
    Cowgirl xx

Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Any tutorial requests ? :)
    Cowgirl xx

Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Bump :)
    Cowgirl xx

Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:01 AM

BUMPALUMPA
    Cowgirl xx

Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Nobody comes on this thread except me anymore #Awkward
    Cowgirl xx

1&2&Avvie: Me :)

Re: The Graphic Guru- Cowgirl's Tutorials

Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I'M HERE COWGIRL

Daya|Kate

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.