Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

The Graphic Guru- Cowgirl's Tutorials

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM

A COUNTRY GIRL'S GUIDE TO GRAPHICS

Well hey! I'm Cowgirl :) I quit graphic making recently and so I'm doing this to help with new graphic makers! Here is a list of the covered articles:

1. Intro

Basic Graphic Making
2. A Beginner's Basic Graphic
2.5. Tips and Tricks from the last tutorial
3. Original Backgrounds
4. Cutting
5. Adding the background
6. Making your text stand OUT
Advanced Graphic Making
1. Blending
2. Advanced Cutting

Cool extras:
1. Gradient Text
2. Curved Corners
I hope y'all enjoy everything I bring for you here!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: The Graphic Guru

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM

An introduction:
    Hey! I'm so happy you came here! I'd love to think that I can help you with your graphic making! Graphic making is hard to get your head round, but once you have a few tricks up your sleeve, it'll come naturally! The real secret is to have a lot of ways to do each thing, so you're prepared for anything. That way you can always make something gorgeous! Oh, and did I mention? I'll only be using a FREE ONLINE program called pixlr. That way everyone can join in! I suggest you go on the Pixlr advanced editor (what we'll be using) and just have a look at it, play round, get some basic skills for knowing where things are and fast ways to get to things etc. This will help you in the ner future :) Anyway, I hope you find something useful here! For now, bye bye!

-Cowgirl

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Cool ! :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Awesome, I can't wait to see your first tutorial! *Bookmarks thread*

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Step one:

A beginner's basic graphic

As a beginner, you won't have every skill in the book yet- right? So it's nice to start off simple, just a picture with some text on it. But you want to do it right. See, while this sounds just little TOO basic, it can look really effective if you do it correctly. Before we start, a few simple rules when you're making it:

- You can make it look like mine the first time, but you can't use it, it's just practice.
    - Don't put text over Taylor's face- I mean, would you like it if somebody wrote on your face?
    - Be creative with it! You may think there's not much creativity to go into this sorta graphic, but for example, if Taylor's got her hand against a wall in the picture, you could position the picture so it looks like her hand is pushing against the side of the graphic! It's the smallest details that count!

1. Ok, start off by picking a really pretty picture. I'll be using this:

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/taylore-swift-red-photoshoot-taylor-swift-32620991-960-640.jpg

2. Open pixlr advanced editor, go to new image, then change the size to 500x200 and check transparent, then ok. Go to layer> open image URL as layer, and paste the URL from the picture you chose into the box.

3. Position the picture nicely on the canvas, if you need to resize it, go to edit> free transform, and it will work like on word or publisher etc. Press enter after you've finished resizing (if you needed to).

4. Now for text, my picture is in black and white, so I'm using black text (with a splash of red) and doing some effects (you don't need to worry about that at this stage in your graphic making, though). To create text, click the T on the toolbar and click on the screen where you want it to go. From there it's pretty easy. You type the text, change the size, colour and font.

5. You're done! Here is my result:

^^^
    Graphic claimed by BaseballCapForACrown

If you have any questions about this tutorial, please do ask :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Step one tricks and secrets:

There are a few extra things I did in my graphic for the above tutorial, you can find out how to do them here!

- I added layer effects to the text, to do this, select the layer you want to add an effect to, then go to layer, layer effects. After checking the box on the effect you want to use, select the name of the effect, this will bring up an options menu, so you can tweak exactly how you want the effect to turn out.
    - I made Taylor's lips red! To do anything like this (tinting), create a layer above the one you want to affect, and colour in where you want to tint. Then, click the icon on the layers menu at the bottom, furthest to the left. Change the mode to 'overlay'. Now it is tinted!
    - I added a few lighting effects! This one's simple! I used white brush (in one of the lighting shapes, that look like little faded flowers/stars) in a new layer over the picture to bring attention to where the text was.

And that's all! :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I might do another tutorial later :) MIGHT. If I do it'll be about creating backgrounds (but I will make it into a completed graphic for whoever claims it). So yeah, I guess y'all can feel free to claim the next graphic! :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM

ME WANTS THE NEXT GRAPHIC. BACK OFF PEOPLE ITS MINE!!!! :D Sorry that was a bit of an overreaction...sooo.....yeah...>__>
    I am TaylorSwiftRocks13 v BY THE AWESOMEST COWGIRL!!!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

^^
    Ok darls :P

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Sorry you might have noticed I am a Liittttlllleeee obsessed with your graphics...I will try not to claim to many....I hope >___> I think im officially at stalker creepiness now

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

^^
    Haha :P Would you like the graphic I make for the next one to fit you avvie/ siggie theme?

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I dont care just something pretty and you know a graphic :P

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

^^
    Ok :) I'll keep it to be the lucky one, but I'll use different lyrics :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Cool thanks dear:) LOLLCZUP:D

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM

LOLLCZUP :P I'll do the tutorial when I can, only thing is: THERE IS LIKE A MILLION WAYS TO MAKE BACKGROUNDS :P

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Do the easiest way that you know how to do!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM

That's what I settled on doing :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Can't wait!!!

Vote

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Step 2:

Orginal Backgrounds

Making your own backgrounds is kinda like how Taylor writes songs! It adds an extra sense of amazingness! Now, there are a lot of ways to create backgrounds, but since we're in the basic zone, I'm just giving a nice, simple way to create them :)
    Before you begin:

Open pixlr advanced, go to new image> set it to 500x200 and transparent.

1. Find a nice texture to suit the theme of your graphic. My theme is the lucky one so I'm looking for something sparkly and pretty! Don't worry about the colour at this point. Here's the texture I chose:

2. Go to adjustment> desaturate. Now use the tinting method from the tips and tricks segment in tutorial 2.5.

3. Done! And simple! Here is how my background turned out:

And here's the graphic for overmadisonsquare:

Hope this helps y'all!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

ok..this is AMAZING !!

^Hannah

^^me

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

^^
    Thank you so much!

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.