Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Help me Improve

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I just made my first Graphic.. but its not amazing or good.. help me improve, also any one know how to use and or make GIFS... I have GIMP. ( I will be using the size 500 by 200 for now on, just starting out I wanted bigger areas to work with.

Updated one just playing with GIMP:

here is my first ever made Graphic.... give me advice and tips how to make this better. .

Credit: Singing_Is_My_Life

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: Help me Improve

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Its good .You do need to work on the cutting in both pics

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q1s9c[/signature]

Re: Help me Improve

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I use pixlr... It's easier to cut things out with

^Primafacie

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Well... it is a great graphic! You need to cut the pictures out more exactly and maybe use less colours, or choose a colour scheme before you start. I would also put your username in one of the corners, small, even though that isn't really anything to do with the graphic itself. Hope this helps!

1.TaylorSwiftFanForeverItsTimeToBeginAgain 2.Guppy1313

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

This is AMAZING!! You should have seen my first graphic! I love yours!!

^Made by Me!! :)

^Also by Me!! :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thanks... ya the cutting was hard.. I will work on that.. user name is a good idea...

thank you

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Most graphics are 500x200, headers/banners for profiles are 700x200 or 500x200, the normal size for an avatar/profile picture is 300x300. Credit your graphic by putting your username in small text somewhere. Most pictures are good from www.taylorpictures.net
    Look at other people's tutorials for cutting a blending :D

Vote

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I actually think the cutting gives it a cool effect!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I think I had at least one tutorial for gimp in my old tutorial thread:) I don't take requests anymore but you can still use the tutorials!
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2042631

1&Avi SecretSanta|2; Me|Click my 2nd graphic to visit my Graphic Shop:)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I download Text PNGS and PNG pictures instead of having to cut every little thing you can download some on deviantart.com or just google Taylor Swift PNGs.

Also as they have stated add your username.

I lovelovelove Taylor A. Swift

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Guppy1313 wrote:
    Most graphics are 500x200, headers/banners for profiles are 700x200 or 500x200, the normal size for an avatar/profile picture is 300x300. Credit your graphic by putting your username in small text somewhere. Most pictures are good from www.taylorpictures.net
    Look at other people's tutorials for cutting a blending :D]

I agree with Guppy1313..
    Plus Gimp is harder than it looks from graphic makers who use Gimp, See i use Gimp and it took me forever get used to it but i am better at using Gimp now than i was before with it, So the more you work with Gimp and learn from those have used Gimp and have tutorials for Gimp, Than everything will be fine(:

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

It's pretty good. Just remember, graphics should always be 500x200, don't use so many fonts, and you definitely need to work on your cutting. I suggest Music21's tutorials.

Me | ALF | Avatar by ALF

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I made a new one I'll add it here.. thanks for the advice so far.. I'm just playing with GIMP and figuring things out and trying to find tutorials.

( Also this is not Pic related but to change my name here do I need to make a new account?)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Calizzle4 wrote:
    This is AMAZING!! You should have seen my first graphic! I love yours!!

Thank you

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM

i'm making them as this size just so they are easy to see... when i make one to use as a sig they will be the 500 by 200

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Calizzle4 wrote:
    I actually think the cutting gives it a cool effect!

This is what I was going to say! Depending on what you're going for, you might need to work on the cutting, but it does look kind of edgy and cool! :) Also, don't use too many fonts, but I like the fonts you used. :) Other than that, this is really good for a first graphic!

Av: iwasascarletletter; All sigs my me :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Taylor_Is_My_Hero wrote:
    I made a new one I'll add it here.. thanks for the advice so far.. I'm just playing with GIMP and figuring things out and trying to find tutorials.

( Also this is not Pic related but to change my name here do I need to make a new account?)

No you go to manage account then click on your avatar picture :) this is my first graphic what do you think? I LOVE YOURS!!

backtoafirstglance made my si

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I really like the first one :D good luck with gimp

Vote

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I think they are really good...it's just the way the two pics are cut out.

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

great for your first graphics!

but there are ways to improve :

~ make sure your color scheme is the same without (example : the pink text in the first one could have been green or blue)
    ~ make your graphics around 500x200
    ~ don't use more than 2 fonts per graphic (maybe 3, but no more)
    ~ you can get better quality pictures at taylorpictures.net
    ~ try out different programs to crop pictures
    ~ check out some tutorials

if you follow that, i'm sure your graphics will be even better :)

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

RockStarRonan wrote:
    Taylor_Is_My_Hero wrote:

yours is good

No you go to manage account then click on your avatar picture :) this is my first graphic what do you think? I LOVE YOURS!!

backtoafirstglance made my si

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.