Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sparkling Rose Reviews

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Hi all! This is the thread where I'll write all of my graphic reviews. Please don't request a review from here if you want one, request at my design shop (the link is in my signature) and I'll be happy to review! :)

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here's the form I use when grading your graphics:

Time (how long did you take?): /13
Request (did you follow my request exactly?): /13
Creativity (how creative were you in making the graphic?): /13
Fonts (were your fonts varied and well-used?): /13
Colors (did the colors match?): /13
Text (did the text stand out?): /13
Quality (was the graphic high quality?): /13
Neatness (how well-organized was the graphic?): /13
Size (was it the standard size?): /13

Total: /117

Notes:

And here is the form I use when grading your entire shop:

Attractiveness (is the shop eye-catching?): /13
Title (is your title fun, creative and informative?): /13
Forms (do you have forms for everything you make?): /13
Variety (do you make different kinds of graphics?): /13
Examples (did you include examples of your graphics?): /13
Waiting List (is there a waiting list so you can keep track of your requests?): /13
Pick-up Station (is there a pick-up station where customers can get their graphics?): /13

Total: /91

Notes:

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Review Directory

HarryStylesIsMyHero's 3 Banners
Bewonderstruck13's Shop
Guppy1313's Siggie and Shop

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sparkling Rose Reviews

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM

HarryStylesIsMyHero

Time: N/A
    Request: N/A
    Creativity: 13/13
    Fonts: 11/13
    Colors: 13/13
    Text: 10/13
    Quality: 13/13
    Neatness: 13/13
    Size: 13/13

Total: 86/91

Notes: The texture you used for the banner is amazing – it really captures the feelings of darkness and mysteriousness. The colors worked very well and everything matched, and I loved the way you blended the picture into the texture. It was really neat and creative.

The one thing I had a hard time with was the text. It’s pretty hard to read and the font could have been chosen better. The drop shadow was a big no no for me – I had to squint to read it. To make it better you could have written the text it white so it really stood out against the background and taken out the shadow. And maybe chosen a different font that was easier to read.

Overall this is a really good graphic. The theme was awesome as was the texture – just make sure the text is easy to read.

******************************************************************************************

Fonts: 11/13
    Colors: 12/13
    Text: 10/13
    Neatness: 11/13

Total: 83/91

Notes: The pictures on this were amazing again; I’m going to have to learn how to that awesome blending effect! It was really creative, I’ve never seen anything like it, and the quality was again perfect.

However – it was the font, text, and colors that pulled you down again. Brown against blue doesn’t work. It would have been a good idea to outline the text in white, which would really make it pop. And get rid of the shadow next time. The font was okay for this one, but I think you should have done the “I always will remember” in a slightly less fancy font. The only other thing is your copyright was pretty huge. Make it smaller and in a less fancy font so it’s easily readable but not to distracting.

Overall, the graphic was pretty good. I didn’t like it as much as I did the first one, but the pictures were again awesome. And remember to pay attention to your fonts, colors, and text so that all are easily readable.

******************************************************************************************

Fonts: 13/13
    Text: 13/13
    Neatness: 11/13

Total: 89/91

Notes: Can I say AMAZING?! This is by far the best banner I have ever seen!! The text on this one was PERFECT. Fonts were great, and the way you tilted the & was so adorable! The colors matched perfectly and the background was great. The blended pictures gave it a whimsical look which was perfect for the graphic.

There’s only one suggestion I have for you: The copyright again. I liked how you put it off to the side this time, but it could have been smaller and maybe stick with one font for all your copyrights. Also your full username is kind of long, so you may want to go with HSIMH (your username initials) or something like that.

Overall, this is a flawless graphic, the best out of all of them. You nailed in on the text this time, for which I congratulate you, and again the blended pictures were great. Just work on your copyright, and you’ll be good to go!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I'll take one for the entire shop and a request. Link is in my siggy
    I used 2 be Wings_of_Music13
    [/signature]

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM

^Sure... but can you please request from my design shop as I said in the main thread? Thanks.

Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

bewonderstruck13’s Shop - http://www.taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/1885441/page/10

Attractiveness: 13/13
    Title: 11/13
    Forms : 13/13
    Variety: 9/13
    Examples: 13/13
    Waiting List: 6/13
    Pick-up Station: 6/13

Total: 71/91

Notes: Your shop is very pretty and I like it a lot. It’s very organized and both your request forms and your examples are in place. I took off a couple of points for the title because the header says “Graphics by Amanda” but the title of the thread is “bewonderstruck13’s Graphics.” That could confuse some people so it’s best to stick with one title. For variety, only making avatars, signatures, and profile banners can really put you at a serious disadvantage, even though you’re obviously really good at making the things you CAN do. You need to widen your variety! Learn how to make different kinds of graphics – there are lots of tutorials. You will get lots of requests if you can make more types of graphics. Finally, there’s no pick-up station or waiting list. You should include one – customers like to know that they have been acknowledged and the best way to do that is to have some sort of waiting list you can put them on so they know you’ve seen their request – not to mention it’s much easier for you to see who you have and haven’t done! Also a pick-up station would make it much better for customers to easily find their graphic.

Overall, your graphic shop is lovely and you’re a great graphic maker. Good job! However it does need a little work – try and learn to make some more types of graphics, clarify your shop title, and add a pick-up station and waiting list. :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

InRedLipstick13 wrote:
    bewonderstruck13’s Shop - http://www.taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/1885441/page/10

Notes: Your shop is very pretty and I like it a lot. It’s very organized and both your request forms and your examples are in place. I took off a couple of points for the title because the header says “Graphics by Amanda” but the title of the thread is “bewonderstruck13’s Graphics.” That could confuse some people so it’s best to stick with one title. For variety, only making avatars, signatures, and profile banners can really put you at a serious disadvantage, even though you’re obviously really good at making the things you CAN do. You need to widen your variety! Learn how to make different kinds of graphics – there are lots of tutorials. You will get lots of requests if you can make more types of graphics. Finally, there’s no pick-up station or waiting list. You should include one – customers like to know that they have been acknowledged and the best way to do that is to have some sort of waiting list you can put them on so they know you’ve seen their request – not to mention it’s much easier for you to see who you have and haven’t done! Also a pick-up station would make it much better for customers to easily find their graphic.

Overall, your graphic shop is lovely and you’re a great graphic maker. Good job! However it does need a little work – try and learn to make some more types of graphics, clarify your shop title, and add a pick-up station and waiting list. :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

thank you! i actually just changed the title of my shop yesterday! what else do you think i should make in my shop? and i've been thinking of making a pick-up station and waiting list for a while i just haven't made it yet :) but thanks so much!

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

bewonderstruck13 wrote:
    InRedLipstick13 wrote:

Me | Tanyaxoh

thank you! i actually just changed the title of my shop yesterday! what else do you think i should make in my shop? and i've been thinking of making a pick-up station and waiting list for a while i just haven't made it yet :) but thanks so much!

You're welcome! :) I think it's also good to make headers, GIF graphics, wallpapers, word graphics, and really anything else you think people might request!

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Guppy1313

Time (how long did you take?): 13/13
    Request (did you follow my request exactly?): 10/13
    Creativity (how creative were you in making the graphic?): 13/13
    Fonts (were your fonts varied and well-used?): 13/13
    Colors (did the colors match?): 10/13
    Text (did the text stand out?): 10/13
    Quality (was the graphic high quality?): 13/13
    Neatness (how well-organized was the graphic?): 13/13
    Size (was it the standard size?): 13/13

Total: 108/117

Notes: I love this graphic! It's really pretty and the texture you used was amazing. However you didn't follow my request exactly - I asked for "Long, long live" and you put "Long live." It's no biggie, so I didn't take a lot of points off for that, but just pay attention to it. Also, the text was hard to read. I know I asked for light blues, but the color you used was a little too neon and made the text hard to read. To fix that you could have made the glow bigger, and put a white drop shadow underneath, that's one of my favorite methods of making text "pop." :) Other than that, nothing much else was bad. Loved the texture and it was really creative. Good job!

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Guppy1313's Shop

Attractiveness (is the shop eye-catching?): 13/13
    Title (is your title fun, creative and informative?): 11/13
    Forms (do you have forms for everything you make?): 9/13
    Variety (do you make different kinds of graphics?): 13/13
    Examples (did you include examples of your graphics?): 10/13
    Waiting List (is there a waiting list so you can keep track of your requests?): 5/13
    Pick-up Station (is there a pick-up station where customers can get their graphics?): 13/13

Total: 74/91

Notes: Not a bad shop! It's lovely with all the different colors of text, and you make a wide variety of graphics. A few pointers: I don't love the title. I think it could be a bit more creative, maybe you could tie into one of Tay's lyrics that start with a C? (I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure if you think about it you could find one.) One thing I thought was a little strange was that you only had forms/examples for a few of the things you make. You need to put forms/examples for EVERYTHING! That way people know how to request! Also, put in a waiting list so you can keep track of your requests and don't forget anyone. Overall, a pretty good shop, but follow my tips and it'll be great! :)

Me | Tanyaxoh

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Ok thank you :D

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM

ComeAwayToTheWater

Time: 13/13
    Request: 8/13
    Creativity: 10/13
    Fonts: 13/13
    Quality: 8/13
    Neatness: 8/13

Total: 99/117

Notes: I don't love it, but it's a pretty good graphic. You followed my request a little: you used a color scheme of pinks and whites but not The Only Exception font. You could have been more creative, especially with the background. I would have loved to see some brushes in there, that would make the texture lovely. I liked the font you used (even though it wasn't the one I requested), the colors matched beautifully, and the text really stood out, so good job with that! However, I took off neatness and quality points because the erasing was pretty sloppy. You should work to touch that up. Overall, not a bad graphic, but keep refining your skills, and remember to follow customers' requests exactly!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 13/13
    Request: 10/13
    Creativity: 9/13
    Fonts: 12/13
    Neatness: 13/13

Total: 109/117

Notes: Again, a pretty good graphic, but not my favorite. You didn't follow my request completely again; I asked for sparkles but you didn't include them. (Since I said "if possible" I didn't take too many points off for that one though.) I've seen the font used so many times, it's kind of getting old, so it may have benefited you to use a different font. The one thing that really got to me is I didn't think it was creative. Basically it looked like you cropped the picture and stuck some text on it. Adding some brushes, maybe changing the hue/saturation, and/or adding a border would make it much more original and creative. Keep working on this one!

Me | Tanyaxoh | TheTCGrammys

RE: Sparkling Rose Reviews

Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:41 PM

can you do my shop on monday? link in my sig

http://i[/signature]

Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

me for the entire shop!

Both by me^^

Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:37 AM

^Guys, please request in my design shop as it says in the rules... :/

Me | Tanya

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.