1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tutorials by Topaz

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:31 AM

*Header Coming Soon*

Hi, and welcome to Tutorials by Topaz! I'm Topaz, and I've been making graphics for 8 months now. I use Pixlr and Photoshop CS6, as well as various other programs just for little things like rounding corners. To request a tutorial, you can go to my design shop here. Be sure to fill out the form! I hope you find my tutorials useful, and I'd love it if you could show me the graphics you make with them! :)

Components of Graphics
Cutting with the Lasso Tool (Pixlr)
Downloading Fonts so they Show Up in Pixlr (All font sites)
Working with Textures and Color Sceme (All programs)

Types of Graphics
Simple Graphic (Pixlr)
Slideshow and Changing Text Graphics (All programs and Picasion)
Blended Signature (Pixlr)
Transparent Word Graphic (All Programs)
Brushstroke Graphic (Photoshop)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Sparkling Rose Tutorials

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Simple Graphic
    Pixlr

1. Go to www.pixlr.com. Click on Open Pixlr editor (Advanced).

2. Click Create a new Image.

3. Fill out the next screen so it looks like this:

4. Now open up a new tab and choose your pictures and your background texture. It's best to save them to your computer. For this tutorial, I'll be using these pictures: 1 and 2. I'll be using this texture for the background: Texture

5. Once you've chosen your pictures, go back to the Pixlr tab. In the menu on top, click File>Open Image. Open your first image and then your second.

6. OK, now the real fun begins! If you need to, you can resize your images by going to Image>Image Size. But I don't need to do that, so I'll start cutting out my images. (If you don't know how to cut, you can check out my tutorial here.)

7. Cut out the second picture. Now the graphic should look like this:

8. OK, now it's time for the texture. In the top menu bar, go to Layer>Open Image as Layer and select your background texture. It will probably hide one or both of your pictures, but DON'T WORRY!! All you have to do is go to the Layers menu (on the right hand side), find your texture, and click and drag it to the bottom of both pictures. If it's bigger than the graphic you can drag it around to see what part of the texture looks best. Now the graphic looks like this:

9. Now you can add text and your watermark, and you're done! Just go to File>Save... to save it, change the name, and make sure the format is PNG. Here's the finished product!

(C) Topaz. Please do not make a graphic exactly like this one. Use the skills I have taught you to make your own unique graphic!

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Heres Mine I made with your tutorial

I lovelovelove Taylor A. Swift

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 5:23 AM

^Great job!! Just remember to not put the text over the pictures, it makes it hard to read. But other than that, I love it! :D

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Cutting with the Lasso Tool
    Pixlr

1. Go to www.pixlr.com. Click on Open Pixlr editor (Advanced).

2. Click Open image from Computer OR Open Image from URL. Open your image. I'll be using this one.

4. Click on the lasso tool in your tools bar. This is the one I'm talking about:

5. Now a bar should pop up near the top of your screen. There will be multiple options. Fill it out so it looks like this:

6. OK, now we can start cutting out our picture. Start by clicking the edge of the part of the picture you want to show up. Do NOT click and drag, that won't do anything. If you move your mouse around a grey line should move with it, like this:

7. Click the next point of the picture you want to show up. Then click the next point, and so on. The grey line secure itself to each point you click. Once you're about halfway through, this what it should look like:

8. Finish outlining the picture, and when you've connected the first point with the last point, the grey line will change to a dotted line, like this:

9. Great job! You did it! Now all you have to do is type Ctrl C to copy it, go to the graphic you want to use it in, and type Ctrl V. You can also cut out multiple pictures and use them in the same graphic, like I did with this one.

(C) Topaz. Please do not make a graphic exactly like this one. Use the skills I have taught you to make your own unique graphic!

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

BUMP! :)

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM

awesome tutorials!!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 5:50 AM

^Thank you so much! I'm so happy you like them! :D

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:24 AM

i love making graphics

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

^Me too! :)

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM

When I cut out the picture, copy and paste it, I can't move the picture because another grey crop line shows up? :( What do I do?

Credit for these photos goes to SwiftieForever13.

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out. :) Great tutorial!

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM

How do I get my graphic on the here?

Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 11:28 PM

^Great, glad you figured it out! And I replied to your PM about that! :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Great tutorial Topaz!! :)

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM

^Thank you so much!! :D

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I was bored... So I made these with your tutorials:

[/signature]

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

^Those are great! Just remember to not let text get cut off and cut out pictures fully! :)

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Your tutorials are amazing! I'm inspired to make my own now!

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

^OMS, thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me!

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Thank you thank you thank you so much AGAIN! I used to make boring, one Taylor Swift graphics like this:

But now I know how to use pixlr and make graphics with TWO Taylor Swifts like this!