Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Glitter Academy-Beginner's Graphics Class

Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM

(^) LoveIsEndless

Welcome students, staff and guests!

We, Jillian (LoveIsEndless) and I, Isabel (MiserableandMagical), are your teachers for Glitter Academy's Beginner Graphic Class! Jillian lives on the East Coast of USA so her time zone is ET and I (Isabel) live in Melbourne, Australia which makes my time zone EST. We both use Photoshop but that does not really matter if you do not have it, because we are both able to adapt to whatever program that YOU use. We are both very excited to be teaching you and we both cannot wait to see you become great graphic makers!

Class List
*If your name is in bold, it means that you have handed in your homework.*

mad4tennis
Taylor (YouAreEnchanting)
Kat (SwiftieForeva)
ducttapepenguin54
Navdeep (Love One Direction)
Maci (Taylorswiftfan1389)

How it's going to work

1. Either Jillian or I will give you a homework task. Or we will give it together. We expect you to get it done.
2. We will give you a "grade" on each homework task.
3. When we hand back homework task (via PM), you will have all the time you like to ask questions on how to fix your "mistakes".
4. At the end of a few months, we will give you a "report card".
5. We love giving you advice and tips so do not be scare to ask us questions about ANYTHING, whether it could be about our own graphic experiences, teaching, graphic shops and graphic help, we can answer them if you PM us or post the question/s on this thread.
6. You must post your homework here on this thread.
7. The due date for homework tasks is when everyone in the class hands it in. However, we may give you another homework task even though another one has already been handed out.

Homework Tasks

Task 1

Set Date/Time: 3/11/12 12:00AM EST (2/11/12 9:00AM ET)
Due Date: ASAP and when everyone hands it in!

Take a maximum of 3 photos (pictures) from this album.
(http://www.taylorpictures.net/thumbnails.php?album=1919)
and make a graphic.

If you do not know how to do that, then do not worry about it! Just look up a tutorial for your program of choice and see how it goes! Still do not how to do it? Then post questions and either Jillian or I will answer them for you as soon as possible! :-)

Task 2

Set Date/Time: 4/11/12 9:00AM EST (3/11/12 6:00PM ET)
Due Date: ASAP and when everyone hands it in!

Please fill in the following form.

First Name/Preferred Name:
TC Username:
What country do you live in?
What is the time zone where you live?
How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)?
Do you have a graphic shop?! If so, please provide the link.
What can you make? Please list them.
What program/s do you use? Please list below.
What do you want to learn to make? Please list below.
What program/s do you want to learn to use? Please list below.
What type of tutorial/s do you learn best with?
-Written (without pics)
-Written (with pics)
-Video

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Glitter Academy-Beginner's Graphics Class

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Students? Anyone have homework?
    -----------
    Love always---Avatar and Signature made by me.
    My Graphic Shop.

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

for the first part can i use a graphic i already made? if not i'll make another one, anyway here it the one i made

First Name/Preferred Name: mad4tennis (is it ok if i don't say my real name?)
    TC Username: mad4tennis
    What country do you live in? USA
    What is the time zone where you live? pacific time zone
    How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)? 3-4 months
    Do you have a graphic shop?! no but here is the link to my library click her
    What can you make? simple graphics
    What program/s do you use? pixlr, pixlr express, and pixelmater
    What do you want to learn to make? more advanced graphics
    What program/s do you want to learn to use? any other free programs!!!
    -Written (with pics)
    like with screen shots!!!

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

mad4tennis wrote:
    for the first part can i use a graphic i already made? if not i'll make another one, anyway here it the one i made

First Name/Preferred Name: mad4tennis (is it ok if i don't say my real name?)
    TC Username: mad4tennis
    What is the time zone where you live? pacific time zone
    How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)? 3-4 months
    Do you have a graphic shop?! no but here is the link to my library click her
    What can you make? simple graphics
    What program/s do you use? pixlr, pixlr express, and pixelmater
    What do you want to learn to make? more advanced graphics
    What program/s do you want to learn to use? any other free programs!!!
    -Written (with pics)
    like with screen shots!!!

There's no problem with not saying your first name. That graphic will work fine! Thanks for all the info! ;-)
    -----------
    Love always---Avatar and Signature made by me.
    My Graphic Shop.

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

mad4tennis: Thankyou! And if it's your preferred name then of course!

Sigs and avis by heleh

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Task 1:

Task 2:
    First Name/Preferred Name: Maci
    TC Username: Taylorswiftfan1389
    What is the time zone where you live? ET
    How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)? about a week
    Do you have a graphic shop?! yes, its in my signature.
    What can you make? Signatures, Banners, Avatars, Gif Sigs
    What program/s do you use?Pixlr and online-image-editor, im also trying to learn gimp
    What do you want to learn to make? I want to improve my graphics.
    What program/s do you want to learn to use? gimp or anything free
    either written with pics or video

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Taylorswiftfan1389: thankyou :)

Sigs and avis by heleh

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hello!
    Here is my first assignment:

Im not very good at this :P It dosnt look as good as everyone elses >.<

Assignment Two:

First Name/Preferred Name:
    Taylor

b]TC Username:
    YouAreEnchanting

What country do you live in?
    USA

What is the time zone where you live?
    General eastern time

How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)?
    I started it about a month ago and i worked on them for a few days and then i stopped and started again today. So i guess that a couple days lol

What can you make? Please list them.

I can make signatures that arnt very good and thats about it >.<

What program/s do you use? Please list below.
    ~Pixlr
    ~GIMP (I have it but im not sure how to use it.)

What do you want to learn to make? Please list below.
    I would LOVE to learn Gifs in siggys if that is possible ^.^ I would also like to learn how to make good siggys :p lol

What program/s do you want to learn to use? Please list below.
    I would like to learn how i can use Pixlr better :) That and any other free programs! Oh and im really confused on GIMP.

-Written (with pics)
    or
    -Video
    But mostly video.

Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

YouAreEnchanting: thankyou but could you please make us another graphic using photos from this album?

Sigs and avis by heleh

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM

MiserableandMagical wrote:
    YouAreEnchanting: thankyou but could you please make us another graphic using photos from this album?

Sigs and avis by heleh

Oops! Im sorry :P Ill get to work on that right away :)

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Task 1

Okay, so do I have to download a program to make graphics? If so, what program is best? Sorry, not a graphic maker, obviously!

Task 2

First Name/Preferred Name: Kat, or you can call me my username

TC Username: SwiftieForeva

What country do you live in? The U.S.

What is the time zone where you live? Mountain time, I think.

How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)? Haven't started (See, BEGINNER classes)

Do you have a graphic shop?! If so, please provide the link. Nope!

What can you make? Please list them. Nothing!

What program/s do you use? Please list below. Not sure yet

What do you want to learn to make? Please list below. Graphics for signatures, graphics that link to pages, avatars, all of them!

What program/s do you want to learn to use? Please list below. ?????
    -Written (without pics) No.
    -Written (with pics) Yes
    -Video Yes
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/emilygaut261/sc_zps5de53778.jpg[ / IMG][/url]
    [img="http://i45.tinypic.com/10emqz6.jpg"]
    SwiftieForever13
    [url=http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453[/url][/signature]

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Taylor: Is your name seriously taylor? and ok! good luck!
    Kat: You can use pixlr! I dont use it personally but for this class, we can learn on heaps of programs. Look up tutorials here and on google! There's heaps. If you live with Mountain time, it's around 5pm now?!

heleh|TLQ
    Avi-heleh

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

grrrrr I CANT CENTER THINGS!

heleh|TLQ
    Avi-heleh

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Assignment 1:

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Kat: You can use pixlr! I dont use it personally but for this class, we can learn on heaps of programs. Look up tutorials here and on google! There's heaps. If you live with Mountain time, it's around 5pm now?!

heleh|TLQ
    Avi-heleh

Yes, it actually is

RE: Glitter Academy-Beginner's Graphics Class

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM

First Name: ducttapepenguin54
    TC name: ducttapepenguin54
    Time Zone: Central Time
    How Long I Have Been Graphic Designing: About a month
    I can make: Regular graphics and probably GIFs if I try
    I use: Pizap
    I want to learn: to make GIFs
    Tutorials: Really specific ones
    I don't understand the last 3 questions, and any questions I haven't listed I don't qualify for or don't care.

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

heleh|TLQ
    Avi-heleh

Okay, I'll try it! But what program do you use? Just in case... And right now it's 8:39. But you posted a while ago, soo...
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/emilygaut261/sc_zps5de53778.jpg[ / IMG][/url]
    [img="http://i45.tinypic.com/10emqz6.jpg"]
    SwiftieForever13
    [url=http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453]http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453[/url][/signature]

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

YouAreEnchanting: Awesome and aha :)
    ducttapepenguin54: Thankyou for the graphic. It's lovely. So...
    you dont have a graphic shop?! You could've just said 'no'..
    And what programs do YOU want to be able to make graphics on?!
    SwiftieForeva: I use photoshop :)

heleh|TLQ
    Avi-heleh

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM

First Name: Navdeep
    Tc Username: Love One Direction
    Time Zone: GMT +5:30

How long have you been graphic designing (making graphics)? : Just started it!
    Graphic Shop: No
    I can make Simple Graphics, Banners
    Programs I use: Fotoflexer, Pixlr
    What do you want to learn to make? Avatars, Sigs
    Program I wanna learn to use: GIMP
    What type of tutorial/s do you learn best with? Written [with pics]

Love One Direction!

By TaylorThirteen!

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Any ideas on when the next assignment will be out? ^.^

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.