Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Ms.Hp13's Graphics Class#1 For Beginners

Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Welcome to Ms.Hp13's Graphics class#1 for beginners! Call me ms.hp13, hp13, azria... I don't care. Whatever you like.

This class is a part of this school.

How assignments will work: I will post a lesson on here along with a tutorial that I wrote, found somewhere, or maybe both. Then I will assign something that incorporates what you learned. One lesson might be split into a couple parts to make things easier. When you turn something in, hopefully it won't take me too long to grade them. When you get feedback depends on my homework load. Hopefully it'll be two days at the most. Once you get your feedback you can make corrections if you want. It probably won't bring up your grade, but you never know. It may be amazing. Revisions are not mandatory. If you want to revise I'd appreciate you doing it only once. Just remember to take my feedback and apply it to the next assignment. :)

Grading: The amount of points depends on the assignment. The bigger the number the better. :)

Contacting me: Pm me until everyone has their emails. I will always email you your grades feedback. I will try to be on yahoo often for you to ask questions. Sometimes I'll be on more than other times.

Tuition: I don't take requests because I don't have time. Post your first-ish and most recent graphic on this thread and ask for opinions. I only give them if you ask and to get the tuition you must get opinions. Every most recent graphic you ask opinions on will count for one week of tuition. :) Make sure to read what I say so that you can apply it to what you make. Also you can submit as many graphics as you like, but you can only earn a week of tuition one week at a time. So you could submit 10 graphics but it only counts as one week.

Current Lesson I tried to link it up with the post but I wasn't sure how. (if you know please help) so I will tell you that the current lesson is making an actual graphic. It is on the third page.

If I know I can't be on at some point I will update this post with that below.

Me, Heather, & avatar by me.
Gallery Tumblr

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Ms.Hp13's Graphics Class#1 For Beginners

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Azria you are the BEST!!! I love that you are doing this. I will be gone on a class trip for a week (M-F), and I will not be able to do anything electronic! So maybe I can do some make-up work? THX!!!

Cheerio!~Gabrielle

Begin Again

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

onedirecitonismylife Aww thanks. :)
    When I assign something I will give a good amount of time for the assignment to be completed. Therefore, you should have time to catch up. Have fun!

Downloading brushes and fonts. Due Wednesday. Try it today and tomrrow and pm me (or email if we have them) any questions you have and I will respond and try to help you by, the latest, Monday. :)
    I couldn’t find a video that I liked so I will try to explain it myself. I don’t know if this is true for all programs because I’ve only done it on Gimp. This is how I download fonts:
    Go to a font site (dafont, 1001freefonts etc.). Find a font that you like. If it’s dafont then you can click on the font (if you want) or you can just move your mouse to the right and click download. A downloading box should pop up. You want to find the program you use in your files. Then click on the folder for the program. Then there should be a folder titled fonts (I’m not sure if it comes that way or if you have to make a folder). Click the folder and save the font in there. Then you have to go back to that folder that holds that font. The way it works on my computer is I right-click and then I click on extract. Then click extract (you shouldn’t have to change the place that you are extracting it to). Once it extracts you can delete the zipfile (you know it’s a zipfile because it has a zipper on it). With Gimp, you have to close out of the program and reopen for the font to show up. I don’t know if it’s the same with ph and pixlr, but it’s not going to hurt to close it. If it's 1001freefonts you have to choose which system you have. Dafont is probably easier
    It’s the same for brushes, except that you save it in a folder titled “brushes” and not “fonts”. If the program that you are using does not allow you to save brushes (I’m guessing that all programs can save fonts—unless they are online and not downloadable) then you just won’t be able to and when you post you can tell me that you just can’t do it with your program.

This assignment is worth 5 points. 5 is the best 1 is the worst. If you manage to download a couple fonts and brushes by wednesday, show me that you have done it and can use them, you should all easily get all 5 points. :)

Gallery Tumblr

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Also if you haven't sent me your questionnaire please pm it to me. You're not in trouble, though. I know that people can be busy. :)

Also please pm me what timezone you are in and what country you live in to give me a better idea of when you'll be on. :) (ie: United States, CDT --central daylight time)

Also, I updated the first post with how you can earn your tuition. It might change sometimes so check their before you actually do anything. :)

Gallery Tumblr

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Eastern American Time. :)

All by me

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Lolobeen wrote:
    Eastern American Time. :)

All by me

Thank you very much. :)

For everyone who has not responded, you can either pm me or post here.

Gallery Tumblr

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You see how completely and totally flawless that is? It's because Tanya made it.

forever&always, cupcake

Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM

HidingInTheCurtains wrote:

You see how completely and totally flawless that is? It's because Tanya made it.

forever&always, cupcake

You actually downloaded all the brushes and used them, right? ( you didn't just take a picture from online,right?)

If the answer is yes then very good and you don't have any more assignments until the next one is posted.(probably wednesday)

Gallery Tumblr

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I have a little problem, my dad set the computer so that I can't download any fonts, I got the brushes though. I normally get my fonts on veer.com because they looked like I typed them.

All by me

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM

VOILA! MY BUSHES. :)

They all started a white pics, everything is brushes.

All by me

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

and

US, Pacific Time
    :)
    Iused2BeTaylorSwiftFan4Life

^HAVpeace13

^Me
    Shop|Contest|Review

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Lolobeen wrote:
    I have a little problem, my dad set the computer so that I can't download any fonts, I got the brushes though. I normally get my fonts on veer.com because they looked like I typed them.

All by me

Upload a picture with the different brushes that you downloaded. That's okay. You can still get full credit since you told me why you can't. See if you can undo that (or ask) because they really help when being creative.

They look like you typed them? We type all fonts. *confused*

Gallery Tumblr

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM

hp13 (azria) wrote:
    Lolobeen wrote:

All by me

Upload a picture with the different brushes that you downloaded. That's okay. You can still get full credit since you told me why you can't. See if you can undo that (or ask) because they really help when being creative.

Gallery Tumblr

But I copy them as pics, so normally they have a white backround or messy white outlining, but there, they don't.

All by me

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Lolobeen wrote:
    hp13 (azria) wrote:
    Lolobeen wrote:

All by me

Gallery Tumblr

But I copy them as pics, so normally they have a white backround or messy white outlining, but there, they don't.

All by me

Ohh. Do you have any downloaded fonts? I download them all and type them?

Gallery Tumblr

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Please try to get the first assignment in. It is due today. You won't lose points but it's better to stay on top. :) And please tell me your timezone. (if you can)

Also, I've updated tuition. What I said before is still how you earn your tuition but I've changed it a bit. You may submit as many or as little graphics a week as you would like, but the most tuition you can earn is one per week. You can't earn two weeks in one week. (I know I changed it but I think it is still doable. )

I may hold off on the next lesson one more day. Not sure. If I post it today it won't be crazy late.

Gallery Tumblr

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Lesson #2:
    Cutting someone out. 10 points. Due Monday
    Here is one tutorial for gimp. Personally, I don’t like using the eraser. I find it a lot easier to make mistakes, but if it works for you here is a tutorial.
    Here is another way to do it on gimp but I don’t recommend this once because you cannot de select. You have to save it, which can get annoying if you cut out a picture for a graphic and have more to do on the graphic. But in case it comes in handy, here it is. For this assignment you can use that method but you should also try another one so that you can get in the practice.
    I use the lasso tool: click here This is a pretty good example. A couple things I do differently that I want to point out. In this toolbox, near the bottom of the box there is something that says feather. I check that box and put it on 3. I don’t do the feather thing at the end unless I’m cutting everything at once. (I suggest you don’t because if you mess up you have to re do some parts) I feather 3 because it’s not a hard line but it’s also not that feathery. That way it’s more precise. I recommend this one.
    Pixlr: I found a Taylor one but it was sooo fast. this video is pretty good. I’ve never used pixlr but I would assume that once you are done with the lasso you can either ctrl-I and delete or you could cut in parts. Also, you can click more than once (watch gimp video for lasso tool if you don’t understand). It’s easier to not mess up. If you can feather than that would be great but I don’t know if you can.
    Photoshop 7: this pretty much works. All I’ll say is don’t ctrl-x. Just erase along the way or ctrl-I. That way you erase the background but not the person.
    This is your first slightly challenging lesson so I don’t expect perfection. If there is a bit of fuzziness around the picture, that is okay. However, as we do more of getting rid of the background I will start being a bit tougher and wanting to see clear precise edges. It does take practice though, and the more you click and the more anchors you have the easier it is, especially on curves. Pm me with any questions.

Advice for the future: If you want to learn something and don't have anyone to help you, look up tutorials.

Again, this is due Monday. And pm me with any questions.

Gallery Tumblr

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM

hp13 (azria) wrote:
    Lolobeen wrote:
    hp13 (azria) wrote:
    Lolobeen wrote:

All by me

Gallery Tumblr

All by me

Ohh. Do you have any downloaded fonts? I download them all and type them?

Gallery Tumblr

I have one, and it's Satisfaction, but I downloaded it years ago before my computer blocked them.

All by me

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

lolobeen So otherwise can you just not use fonts?

Gallery Tumblr

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM

I can use the ones that are on my computer already. Like I said befaore, I also use veer. Almost all my graphics are made with the fonts I saved like pictures on veer.

All by me

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Here's my HW

All by me

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Lolobeen wrote:
    I can use the ones that are on my computer already. Like I said befaore, I also use veer. Almost all my graphics are made with the fonts I saved like pictures on veer.

All by me

If it works than awesome! :)

Gallery Tumblr

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.