1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

GSG: How to Make Your Graphic Shop Entertaining

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Hey guys! This is my new series (of forums) called "Graphic Shop Goodies" or GSG for short. On this lesson, I'll show you the mandatory and optional things to make your graphic shop look entertaining!

|"Welcome!"|
Having a warm welcoming your graphic shop is always important, so let's start there. Since it's your graphic shop, why not open with a graphic itself? It should say something like "Welcome to My Graphic Shop!" It can be a word graphic, or an actual graphic. Taylor in it or not, it should be made by you. 1. It's showing off your skills. 2. If someone asks you for a welcome banner like yours and you say you didn't make it, you probably just lost a request right there.

So go ahead! Make one right now! Or if you already have one, it may be time to update it. That's also important. Updating it about every 2 months (more or less) should be good. Because if you have a loyal customer (someone who keeps coming back) they'd see the same sign over and over and over and over and over. . .

Or, some people like to do, keep the same graphic just do:
a. A different background
b. Different colors.
c. More effects
d. Less effects
e. Other
Yup. And just a tip: Lots of people do non-Taylor graphics, and that's awesome! But if you want to include people in your welcome banner, Taylor's probably the best choice (unless it's like "The Hunger Games Graphic Shop" or something)

|"Request?"|
The forms in a graphic shop are a good choice to have. You don't have to have them, but it may make your shop look more organized. Don't make them too long, because some people may not end up using them. Oh, and about that. Don't overreact if someone doesn't use the form. If they told you the text and picture(s) does it really matter? But I kind of overreact too sometimes so don't sweat it

As for showing the forms you can:
a. Make a graphic
b. Type it there
c. Make a website for your graphics and have forms be on it

Just typing it on your forum may be easiest for the customer since they can copy and paste it and fill it out, but it's your choice! Also, making a graphic with the form on it might be fun and entertaining!

|PMing|
To PM (Private Message) a customer is very important. That way, they won't have to keep checking back wondering if their graphic is done. And I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't, there's a little "Message [username]" button below the person's response on the forum so it's easy to PM them that way. But if you have lots of requests coming in, it's ok not to PM them. It's hard to keep track! But then again, if you PM them as soon as you finsih the graphic (and post it), it might not be that hard. And you could also have an option on your request form if they'd like to PM you or not. They're more likely to say yes.

|"The Latest Scoop!"|
It's definitely ok to have the link to your examples/forms on a different website or on photobucket or something. But it would be great to your customers if you had a section called "Latest Graphic" which is your latest graphic you experimented with, not a result from someone who requested. That way, everyone knows what you can make (GIFs in it, colors, etc.) and that might bring in more requests. And right below/above that, you could have a section called "Latest Review" which is where you ask someone to review from, and you copy and paste their score and everything (including the graphic) and who reviewed it.

size=10]|"Now Slide to the Center"|

As you can see, the title above it centered. Maybe you want to center your forms, your welcome graphic, the latest graphic/review, or something else. Well to do that, you don't use [ ] like you would with something else you use these: < > You do this:
< center > Hello! Welcome! < /center >
and remove the spaces and it becomes this:
Hello! Welcome!

Well, I hope that helped you in some way. If you have any advice, just post it down there and I'll add it up here! Thanks! Have a nice graphic shop!!!
Forever & Always, Danni15

^^Made by the AWESOME SarahBraun^^

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: GSG: How to Make Your Graphic Shop Entertaining

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Helpful! Thanks! My graphic shop is not very popular... :(
    LONG LIVE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

iHeartRed13 wrote:
    Helpful! Thanks! My graphic shop is not very popular... :(
    LONG LIVE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!

Glad I could help!
    Forever & Always, Danni15

^^Made by the AWESOME SarahBraun^^

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Thank you!! My graphic shop has only had 3 requests so far.... I'm gonna try these! :)
    Feel free to visit my profile and friend me!

1.Me 2.SwiftStruck13 Avi.SwiftStruck13 (

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I haven't made a graphic shop cause i am trying new stuff on my graphics.

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hi i just made a graphic shop like right now and i dont know how to make the text bigger. its not very good cause like i just made it. here is the link http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2325133 can u plzzzzz check it out and give me advice! thanks
    StayStayStay-A-Swiftie-Forever and Always

Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Thank you this was very helpful!!
    Check out my shop anyone?

Made by TwinkleSwift!! Request from her! She is amazing!

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Actually, the tools don't work since the updates, you need to use

and [ / align] but without the spaces.

1 - me; 2 & Avi - Kathryn

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM

i just made a graphic shop my ast one wasnt very popular at all... i had it up for 66 months and no one requested... :(

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM

^^ lol that was supposed to be 6 months