Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How to Make GIF Graphics in GIMP

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Okay, so I saw a lot of people asking how to make gif graphics in multiple programs. I use GIMP and I thought I would make a tutorial. So, the way I see it there are 2 main 'types' of gifs. Gifs that 'flash' like flashing text or pictures. Ex.

(Those we're just very quick examples so they aren't the best. My apologies)

And they're are graphics with gifs from videos and things like this:

So I think I'll do the 2nd of the two catagories above 1st and then the second I'm hoping to have the first one (at least) posted within the next 2 hours... Hopefully :)

Made by Me :)

Made by Cerulean

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How to Make GIF Graphics in GIMP

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Okay! :) yay thank you!:)

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM

How to Make a Gif Graphic.
    For this tutorial I will be using this gif and these pictures 1 & 2
    Step 1 - Open GIMP

Step 2 - File --> New ---> 500 by 200 --> OK

Step 3 - Delete original background layer so you left with this:

Step 4 - File --> open as layers --> open your gif

Step 5 - In order to move and scale the gif you must first link all of the layers of the gif together. To do that you simply click the chainlink beside the little eye in the layers dialogue

Then you can move and scale the gif

Step 6 - File --> open as layers --> open your pictures (or alternatly paste them in which is ctrl+v or edit ->paste) Move and scale accordingly

Step 7 - Cut out your image(s) . I do this with the eraser tool. (Make sure you have an alpha channel in your image if you don't the layer name will be in bold to fix this right-click then hit add alpha channel)

Step 8 - Add your text. Using the text tool (for those who don't know, it's the bold A in your toolbox)

Step 9 - Make all your adjustments and tweak things so you get them to a point your happy with them and then merge your text, and pictures into one layer. DO NOT merge with any of the gif frames (To merge layers right click the layer --> merge down and it will merge that layer with the layer below)

Step 10 - Duplicate this layer. Ctrl+D or this icon at the bottom of you layers dialogue

Duplicate the layer as many times as you have frames in your gif. I usually do a few at a time but leave one left over to dupicate again.

Step 11 - Merge one duplicate layer onto every frame of the gif. DO NOT merge the frames together. Note: Move one duplicate layer on top of every frame of the gif then hit merge down. To move the layers use the green up and down arrows at the bottom of the layers dialogue.

Step 12 - Make sure every frame has your duplicated layer on it. To play the gif within gimp go to filters --> animation --> playback

Saving- To save as a gif go to file -> export -> type your file name.gif a window will pop up make sure the save as animation box is checked and hit okay

Note: ALWAYS check your 'overlay' (that layer with pictures and text on it) BEFORE you duplicate and merge. I sadly neglected to do that with mine and so it came out badly. Don't make that mistake.

Finished Product:

This has been a very basic tutorial on how to do gifs. I hope it made sense and if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

DO NOT make anything exactly like this or similar to it and call it yours.

Made by Cerulean

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Thank you so much!!

InMyBestRedDress :))
    My Graphic Shop

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Thank you! This helped a lot!

^TaylorSwiftLoveLoveLove13

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Glad I could help. I'll try to ge the other tutorial done within the next couple days.

Made by Cerulean

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM

ty so so so so so so so so so much! :D

both by me

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

holy crap I just posted a thread about this and then this pops up. x)

edit I can't figure out how to get this:

it disappeared when I had to download the new version of Gimp when I got my new laptop. I used to be able to hit 'alt' and 'L' and it'd pop up.
    ~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

HeyHeyAnnax wrote:

it disappeared when I had to download the new version of Gimp when I got my new laptop. I used to be able to hit 'alt' and 'L' and it'd pop up.
    ~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Okay. I think I can fix that go to Windows --> Recently closed docks --> Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo and if there isn't anything in Recently Closed Docks go to Windows --> Dockable Dialogues --> Layers

I hope that fixes it. :)

Made by Cerulean

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Tswifty13 wrote:
    HeyHeyAnnax wrote:

~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Okay. I think I can fix that go to Windows --> Recently closed docks --> Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo and if there isn't anything in Recently Closed Docks go to Windows --> Dockable Dialogues --> Layers

Made by Cerulean

Ahhh I could cry thank you so much!! I've been trying to find that again for almost 2 years. O_o
    ~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:47 AM

HeyHeyAnnax wrote:
    Tswifty13 wrote:
    HeyHeyAnnax wrote:

~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Made by Cerulean

Ahhh I could cry thank you so much!! I've been trying to find that again for almost 2 years. O_o
    ~ formerly fishie♥

*everything by Daya*

I miss you baby girl...
    ~1996-2012~

Your welcome :) So I take it worked? It happened to me awhile ago and I couldn't figure it out once I found out how to get it back I made sure to remember it.

Made by Cerulean

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I LOVE THIS

Kathryn. TanyaxOh. Me.

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I have the gif and still image, but I can't seem to get them visible in the same window

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

onedirectionismylife wrote:
    I have the gif and still image, but I can't seem to get them visible in the same window

Could you send me a screen shot?

hit the "PrtSc" or "Printscreen button on your keyboard and then paste into paint or gimp and save. Upload as per usual.

If you can`t thats fine I`ll try to see what you mean.

Me ^

Lolobeen ^

Made by the incredible iwasascarletletter

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

NightFalls wrote:
    I try it and this what happen,

(it's my first time)
    -me

-me

I'm so sorry I didn`t reply I totally forgot about this thread

I can`t see the picture though

Me ^

Lolobeen ^

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:59 PM

never mind! Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Cheerio!~Gabrielle

Louis Tomlinson

Louis Smile

#annoyed

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Tswifty13 wrote:
    How to Make a Gif Graphic.
    For this tutorial I will be using this gif and these pictures 1 & 2
    Step 1 - Open GIMP

Step 2 - File --> New ---> 500 by 200 --> OK

Step 3 - Delete original background layer so you left with this:

Step 4 - File --> open as layers --> open your gif

Step 5 - In order to move and scale the gif you must first link all of the layers of the gif together. To do that you simply click the chainlink beside the little eye in the layers dialogue

Then you can move and scale the gif

Step 6 - File --> open as layers --> open your pictures (or alternatly paste them in which is ctrl+v or edit ->paste) Move and scale accordingly

Step 7 - Cut out your image(s) . I do this with the eraser tool. (Make sure you have an alpha channel in your image if you don't the layer name will be in bold to fix this right-click then hit add alpha channel)

Step 8 - Add your text. Using the text tool (for those who don't know, it's the bold A in your toolbox)

Step 9 - Make all your adjustments and tweak things so you get them to a point your happy with them and then merge your text, and pictures into one layer. DO NOT merge with any of the gif frames (To merge layers right click the layer --> merge down and it will merge that layer with the layer below)

Step 10 - Duplicate this layer. Ctrl+D or this icon at the bottom of you layers dialogue

Duplicate the layer as many times as you have frames in your gif. I usually do a few at a time but leave one left over to dupicate again.

Step 11 - Merge one duplicate layer onto every frame of the gif. DO NOT merge the frames together. Note: Move one duplicate layer on top of every frame of the gif then hit merge down. To move the layers use the green up and down arrows at the bottom of the layers dialogue.

Step 12 - Make sure every frame has your duplicated layer on it. To play the gif within gimp go to filters --> animation --> playback

Saving- To save as a gif go to file -> export -> type your file name.gif a window will pop up make sure the save as animation box is checked and hit okay

Note: ALWAYS check your 'overlay' (that layer with pictures and text on it) BEFORE you duplicate and merge. I sadly neglected to do that with mine and so it came out badly. Don't make that mistake.

Finished Product:

This has been a very basic tutorial on how to do gifs. I hope it made sense and if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

DO NOT make anything exactly like this or similar to it and call it yours.

Made by Cerulean

I Make mine a different way i open the gif but with no transperant backround and add the pictures as layers then i edit the images and such and merge the first picture into the second then i duplicate the layer too every layer of the gif (Example: the gif has 12 frames i duplicate the layer 11 times) then i merge each layer then i add my text yours i probaly easyer:)

Graphic Me!
    Come Visit HR Graphics
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2175861/page/3#post_16633321

Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM

HeadFirstFearless13: I just do that so I don't forget to crop

Me ^

Lolobeen ^

Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Yay! I made a liam one and a louis one! Thank you SO MUCH!

Liam Payne

Louis Tomlinson
    Cheerio!~Gabrielle

Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Tswifty13 wrote:
    HeadFirstFearless13: I just do that so I don't forget to crop

Me ^

Lolobeen ^

LOL:)

Graphic Me!
    Come Visit HR Graphics
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2175861/page/3#post_16633321

RE: How to Make GIF Graphics in GIMP

Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Niall Horan

Nialler!!!!
    Cheerio!~Gabrielle

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.