Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Teach Me How To Graphic- with SOUIAT

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

So Im not the best graphic maker, but i got a request to make a tutorial thread :)

I really have no set graphic in mind when I start, I just play around and end up where I do. :) So if theses are confusing, Please dont hesitate to tell me :) I will try and clear it up :)

If you wanna request a Tutorial, I can work with Pixlr, PicMonkey, Photobucket, and Fotoflexer :)

Also here are my graphics, so you can look and reference a graphic you want me to make a tutorial for :)
Here!

FORM
Program:
Type of graphic:

Tutorial for Pixlr: here
Tutorial for a circle graphic: Here
Click the graphic below!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Teach Me How To Graphic- with SOUIAT

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Can you do a tutorial for pixlr for this graphic, or whatever you made it with?

[/signature]

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Guppy1313 wrote:
    Can you do a tutorial for pixlr for this graphic, or whatever you made it with?

[/signature][/quote]
    I will start on that :)
    [signature]Click the graphic below!
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/7hyzxj3]

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM

RE: Teach Me How To Graphic- with SOUIAT

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM

ok so for this graphic I really just started layering.

I will be using these pictures

and 5

ok this might be a bit longer than usual :)

Start with this picture.

Crop it to be 500x200. Around the area that i croped it.

Go to the Filter selection at the top, and add scan lines.

Now crop this one to 500x200

Copy and paste it onto the other background and change the opacity

Copy and paste the Taylor Picture onto the background

get the eraser

and erase around taylor.

change the layers around so taylor is between the two parts of the background

erase the top layer thats on taylors face.

11. now crop the blue shiny background to 500x200, copy and paste it to the rest of the graphic and erase around taylors face, (just like the last background part we added)

now take the purple background, and just crop the top part where its mostly purple, to about 500x25 or 500x300.

put the purple strip behind taylor and the other two backgrounds

Add your text like how it is in the picture, and then add the second line, and change the size to whatever you think looks best. i did around size 16.

go to layers-layer styles- outerlayer (all on the top bar, or where ever you usually do it) and change the outerlayer accordingly on both lines of text.

I added a faint black border around but you can do whatever color you think you would like. And Vaula you are done!!!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!!
    Click the graphic below!

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

gandamoo wrote:
    You have really awesome graphics.
    Graphic Contest: http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2098401/page/2
    My graphic contest: http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2030421
    My graphic shop: http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2029841

thank you!
    Click the graphic below!

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

bump :)
    Click the graphic below!

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:51 AM

BOOH YA!

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy.

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Thank you!!

[/signature]

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:31 AM

story of us is a tragedy wrote:
    ok so for this graphic I really just started layering.

I will be using these pictures

and 5

ok this might be a bit longer than usual :)

Start with this picture.

Crop it to be 500x200. Around the area that i croped it.

Go to the Filter selection at the top, and add scan lines.

Now crop this one to 500x200

Copy and paste it onto the other background and change the opacity

Copy and paste the Taylor Picture onto the background

get the eraser

and erase around taylor.

change the layers around so taylor is between the two parts of the background

erase the top layer thats on taylors face.

11. now crop the blue shiny background to 500x200, copy and paste it to the rest of the graphic and erase around taylors face, (just like the last background part we added)

now take the purple background, and just crop the top part where its mostly purple, to about 500x25 or 500x300.

put the purple strip behind taylor and the other two backgrounds

Add your text like how it is in the picture, and then add the second line, and change the size to whatever you think looks best. i did around size 16.

go to layers-layer styles- outerlayer (all on the top bar, or where ever you usually do it) and change the outerlayer accordingly on both lines of text.

I added a faint black border around but you can do whatever color you think you would like. And Vaula you are done!!!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!!
    Click the graphic below!

thanks !
    Love being a Swiftie :)

^DancingAroundAllOver

^me !

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Where did you find the backgrounds? Google?

[/signature]

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Use swimchick.net! The textures are beautiful!

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy.

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM

izzytheswiftie wrote:

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy.

i honestly get bored with swimchick... it seems like everybody uses them and they kind get old :) but i do use them everyonce and a while :)
    Click the graphic below!

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Make more tutorials?

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy.

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM

^ do you have a type of graphic in mind?
    Click the graphic below!

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

^ do you have a type of graphic in mind?
    Click the graphic below!

Gimp? But if you can't advanced Pixlr or something with gifs is fine.

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy. TanyaxOh.

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Where do you find your textures/backgrounds? What do you search?

Me, Heather, & avatar by me.
    Gallery Tumblr

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

hp13 (azria) wrote:
    Where do you find your textures/backgrounds? What do you search?

Me, Heather, & avatar by me.
    Gallery Tumblr

It depends on what look im going for in the graphic. I 99% of the time use google. I just type in what im looking for, such as "Vintage Background" or if i want to be even more sispefic i type "vintage floral background". Then i just crop the area of the background i want. A lot of the times i edit and manipulate the backgrounds to make it even more how i want it. Sometimes i dont. I also sometimes just take a solid color and upload it to Pixlr and use the eraser brushes to add texture :)

I know lots of people would dissagree with me on how i find my backgrounds, but it works fine for me :)

I hope this helps :)
    Click the graphic below!

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM

izzytheswiftie wrote:

Niall~ I love ya.
    Music21. Lucy.

i honestly get bored with swimchick... it seems like everybody uses them and they kind get old :) but i do use them everyonce and a while :)
    Click the graphic below!

So what I'm the only person that makes their own backgrounds??? AWKWARDDDDD.

< Me+RFA

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM

this is the one i made! ty 4 this !

both by me

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.