Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Miss Shannon's Graphic Design Class!

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Welcome to my class! :)

I originally made a tumblr, but this will be easier. :)

So, here we go! :)

Current Lesson-

Next Lesson-
Making Textures in Pixlr
Previous Lessons-
Blending in Pixlr
Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Avatars
Imitating a Graphic Style

Homework-

Complete Quiz-Due October 31st Here

CURRENT LESSON-
Today we will be reviewing for our quiz.
~Pixlr.com does not have a feature for gifs.
~ The standard size for a signature is 500 x 200.
~The best picture website is taylorpictures.net. Check it out if you haven't seen it before.
~ Are you paying attention? Good. Keep reading.
~ A good size for avatars are 300 x 300.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Miss Shannon's Graphic Design Class!

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Students-

Name: Lucy
    Username: Sparks Fly
    Name: Vanessa, but call me Momo!
    Username: CoconutDragon
    Name: mad4tennis
    Username: mad4tennis
    Name:Toiba
    Username: SwiftRox
    Name: Georgia
    Username: georgiaswift97
    Name:Stephanie
    Username:sparklesloverxoxo

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Welcome to my class! :)

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

No one?

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hello! My name is Stephanie, I see I'm in your class?

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You are! :)
    What program do you use?

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Homework
    For my graphics, pretty much all I use is pixlr. I find it the easiest way to make advanced graphics :) I can use almost any other online photo editor though.

-Stephanie

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Okay awesome! It will be easy to teach you then. :D Thank you!

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM

No big deal, but my schedule is kinda tight. I'm in all honors classes M-F, I have cheer at night on T,W,T, and Games on Saturday. I try and squeeze it in though as much as possible :)

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

sparklesloverxoxo wrote:
    No big deal, but my schedule is kinda tight. I'm in all honors classes M-F, I have cheer at night on T,W,T, and Games on Saturday. I try and squeeze it in though as much as possible :)

If you ever need any extensions, whatever, just PM me. :)

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

LikeAFirework wrote:
    Resources we will be using-

Picmonkey.com

Swimchick.net

Taylorpictures.net

1) To begin, I want you to somehow end up at picmonkey.com with a Black/White/whatever basic color 500 x 200 rectangle. (I don't care if how, just end up there.) {I would save this to your computer so you can easily open it for future graphics)

2) Now go to Swimchick. Pick one texture. I'm starting with this one. But you can start with whatever you want to. :) Save it to your computer. Go back to picmonkey, go to overlay, press Your Own, and open your first texture. Oversize it so it fits your whole square/rectangle thing.

3) Go back to Swimchick.net. Pick a second texture. I'm using this one. Again, you can use anything else you want. Do it the same thing you did with the first texture, but now mess around with the opacity and blend modes so you can blend it with your first texture. My texture/background now looks like this.

4) Now go to taylorpictures.net and chose a picture of Taylor. I'll be using this one. Save it to your computer. (You know the drill.) Adjust it to the postion/size, you want. Now play around with the blend modes. If Taylor doesn't look right, go to Effects and paint. Take white paint and carefully go over it with the white. Now it should look right.

5) Now add your text and your done!

Finished project-

is this a assignment?
    -mad4tennis

My favorite blog EVER: http://t-swift-angel.blogspot.com/

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:09 AM

mad4tennis wrote:
    LikeAFirework wrote:
    Resources we will be using-

Picmonkey.com

Swimchick.net

Taylorpictures.net

1) To begin, I want you to somehow end up at picmonkey.com with a Black/White/whatever basic color 500 x 200 rectangle. (I don't care if how, just end up there.) {I would save this to your computer so you can easily open it for future graphics)

2) Now go to Swimchick. Pick one texture. I'm starting with this one. But you can start with whatever you want to. :) Save it to your computer. Go back to picmonkey, go to overlay, press Your Own, and open your first texture. Oversize it so it fits your whole square/rectangle thing.

3) Go back to Swimchick.net. Pick a second texture. I'm using this one. Again, you can use anything else you want. Do it the same thing you did with the first texture, but now mess around with the opacity and blend modes so you can blend it with your first texture. My texture/background now looks like this.

4) Now go to taylorpictures.net and chose a picture of Taylor. I'll be using this one. Save it to your computer. (You know the drill.) Adjust it to the postion/size, you want. Now play around with the blend modes. If Taylor doesn't look right, go to Effects and paint. Take white paint and carefully go over it with the white. Now it should look right.

5) Now add your text and your done!

Finished project-

is this a assignment?
    -mad4tennis

Not yet. :) It will be when everyone tells me what they use. :D

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Students students students students :D

Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

OKay guys. I decided to start us off with a different first lesson. :)

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

NEW ASSIGNMENT-

Please post one graphic you have made (if you've made one before)

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Here is a graphic I made a little while ago for an order:

Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Here is the graphic I made with your tutorial:

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yay! Thank you! (So far, you are about the only one who is doing anything >.

Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM

So sorry! Have been so busy and couldnt get onto TC!

The black/white/purple signature is my graphic. I used photoshop for it. It's the only one I have made! I dont really have an experience making graphics, so I am easy to use whatever program!

Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM

both the ones in my siggy and here's the link to my photobucket: click here!!!

ps. sorry this is late i didn't see it until today
    -mad4tennis

Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Your first official lesson will be up in a moment!

{Both by me :)}

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.