Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

TaylorThirteen's Tutorials

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM

----------------------------------------------------
||| MY GRAPHIC SHOP |||

Tutorials that I am planning to make:

1. How to make a Simple Graphic || PIXLR
2. How to make a GIF Word Graphic || GIMP
3. How to make avatars || PIXLR

Pending Tutorials:

1. Simple Graphic || PIXLR
2. Word Graphic || PIXLR
3. Advanced Graphic || PIXLR

Tutorials that I have already made:

1. Making Word Graphics || GIMP (Page 1, Post 1)
2. How I cut my Graphics || GIMP (Page 1, Post 2)
3. How to make Simple Backgrounds || GIMP (Page 1, post 3)
4. Great Cutting || PIXLR (Page 1, Post 7)
5. Making Simple Graphics/Blending Pictures || GIMP (Page 1, Post 10)
6. Adding Texts in Your Works || GIMP (Page 1)
7. How to make an Advanced Graphic || GIMP (Page 2, Post 37)
8. How to make Avatars || GIMP
9. How to outline texts || GIMP

Where to get fonts:

1. Dafont
2. Font-Zone

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: TaylorThirteen's Tutorials

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

How to make Word Graphics using Gimp:

1. Open Gimp
    2. Go to FILE > OPEN > CLICK ON THE PICTURE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO UPLOAD (I suggest only one picture for now, since it's only for practice this time)
    This is the picture that I used:

3. Go click on the Text Tool from the Toolbox. Then type the text that you would like to type. I suggest you use a thick font, so the picture would show up more.
    4. Use the "Move Tool" and move the text to the spot where you want it to be so that that spot will be the spot that will be shown in the text.
    5. Go to LAYER > TRANSPARENCY > ALPHA TO SELECTION
    6. Go to LAYER > DELETE LAYER
    7. Go to LAYER > MASK > ADD LAYER MASK > BLACK (FULL TRANSPARENCY) > ADD
    8. Go use the "Eraser Tool" and erase all over the text/dotted lines, and you will see that the spot of the image where you put it will show up.
    9. Go use the "Crop Tool" and crop the image until gets smaller. But, of course, do not crop on the text. (Double-click when you want to confirm the cropping)
    10. Save your work.:)

HOW TO SAVE: Go to FILE > EXPORT > TYPE THE FILE NAME THAT YOU WANT > SELECT FILE TYPE > PNG (IF YOU DO NOT PICK PNG, THEN YOUR WORK WILL NOT BE TRANSPARENT) > EXPORT > (ANOTHER BOX/WINDOW WILL APPEAR) > EXPORT

Here is how it SHOULD turn out:

Please do not make a graphic similar to this or a graphic JUST like this.

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM

How I Cut my Pictures using Gimp:

1. Open Gimp
    2. Go to FILE > NEW > 500x200 (or the size that you would like for your graphic)
    3. Go to FILE > OPEN > CLICK ON THE PICTURE YOU WOULD LIKE TO CUT
    This is the picture that I will use:

4. The picture will show up in a new window.
    5. Go use the "Free-Select Tool" and, after you click it, double-click on it. A new window/box will pop up. It's the Tool Options box.
    6. Make sure that the "Antialiasing" and the "Feather Edges" check boxes are both checked.
    7. Make the Feather Radius to 10 (or 20, if you want the image to fade more after you cut it).
    8. Go cut the image and have fun cutting.:D It gets easier by time to use it, don't worry.
    9. After you get the ends meet on the Free-Select tool, press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
    10. Go to the first window of Gimp that you opened. The one with the 500x200 (or the size that you picked) and with only the white background in it,
    11. Press Ctrl+V and the picture that you cut will show up.
    12. Use the "Eraser Tool" to erase the spots that showed up but you didn't want to show up.
    13. Use the "Scale Tool" to resize the image. And/or use the "Move Tool" to move the image where you want it to be.
    14. The image is still floating, so go use the "Move Tool" and be sure that the "Move the activen layer" check box is NOT checked, the "Pick a layer or guide" check box is supposed to be the one to BE checked. To know that it is check, just go look on the "Tool options" window.
    15. Double-click on the BACKGROUND, not the IMAGE so that the picture will be merged with the background, and will not float anymore. Be sure that you are still using the "Move Tool" while doing it.
    16. Now that the image is not floating anymore, you can now decorate your graphic or you can cut another image to add it also to your graphic. Put some text into the graphic.. Etc... Just do what you gotta and wanna do next and have fun while doing it!
    17. After a few minutes of decorating, you can now save your work.

HOW TO SAVE: Go to FILE > EXPORT > TYPE THE FILE NAME THAT YOU WANT > SELECT FILE TYPE > PNG (IF YOU DO NOT PICK PNG, THEN YOUR WORK WILL NOT BE IN HIGH QUALITY. WELL, FOR ME, ANYWAY) > EXPORT > (ANOTHER BOX/WINDOW WILL APPEAR) > EXPORT

Here is how it SHOULD turn out:

Please do not make a Graphic similar or a Graphic JUST like this, please.

RE: TaylorThirteen's Tutorials

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

How to do Simple Backgrounds using Gimp:

1. Open Gimp
    2. Go to FILE > NEW > CHOOSE THE SIZE THAT YOU WANT (for this tutorial, I will use the size 500x200)
    3. Make sure that the Toolbox is open. If not, then go to WINDOWS > TOOLBOX or just do CTRL+B on your keyboard.
    4. Make sure that the Layers-Brushes window is open. If not, then go to WINDOWS > RECENTLY CLOSED DOCKS > LAYERS, CHANNELS, PATHS, UNDO -BRUSHE...
    5. Now that those two boxes are open, you will see this spot on the lower part of the Layers-Brushes window:

6. Those are the brushes that you can pick for your background. There're many patterns and brushes to pick on, so you can experiment on all of them if you want.:) But not now, just follow this step first before you experiment:
    7. Look on the Toolbox window and on the bottom part of it, you will see this:

8. Go click on the box with the black color on it (the foreground color) and a new box will appear. Pick a color you want to be as the color of the brush you will use as the background.
    9. After you pick for a color, click OK to confirm.
    10. Go to the Toolbox again and click on the Pencil Tool.
    11. Double click on the pencil tool after you click on it and a new box will appear named Tool Options.
    12. Choose a Transparency (I picked 50% for this tutorial) and the size of the Pencil (I used 152.96 for this tutorial).
    13. Go back again to the Layers-Brushes window and to this bottom part of it:

14. Go pick a brush and experiment on the brush you like the most. Press CTRL+Z on your keyboard if you made a mistake.
    15. You can repeat Step 8 to Step 14 and choose another color and a lower or higher transparency to make the background more cooler or something if you want.:D
    15. I suggest you just click on the canvas and not slide/brush it so that it would look better (for me, anyway).
    16. After a wonderful time of making a background, this is how it turned out on MY work:

(It may look just like this on yours, if we used the same brush, colors, transparency and size, which would RARELY happen to you guys :D)
    17. After doing your background, go and do your graphic now and cut some pictures, add some text and blah, blah, blah...:D
    18. After making your graphic, go and save it.

NOTE: TO KNOW HOW TO SAVE YOUR WORK, GO AND LOOK ON THE LAST PART OF MY TUTORIAL ON HOW I CUT MY GRAPHICS.

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A GRAPHIC SIMILAR TO THIS OR A GRAPHIC JUST LIKE THIS, PLEASE.

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hey, guys! Do you guys wanna have a tutorial that isn't on my list? Then recommend it here and I might make one for you guys!

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Do u use pixlr? If u do could u please make a tutorial for it? Thanks :)

^^both by me :p

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

swifty#1 wrote:
    Do u use pixlr? If u do could u please make a tutorial for it? Thanks :)

^^both by me :p

I'm working on it! I'm actually planning to make a tutorial for it.:))

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

How to do Great Cutting using Pixlr:

1. Go to Pixlr
    2. Click on Pixlr Editor (Advanced)
    3. Click on Creat a New Image.
    4. Choose the size of the Graphic. In this tutorial, I will use 500 (width) and 200 (height).
    5. Go to FILE > OPEN IMAGE > CHOOSE THE PICTURE THAT YOU WANT TO BE IN YOUR GRAPHIC
    In this tutorial, I will use this picture:

6. A new window will appear that has the picture that you uploaded.
    7. The Toolbox is at the left side of the editor. Go look at it and search for the "Lasso Tool" and click on it.
    8. Now that you have clicked on it, there will be a tiny box below the "File/Edit/Image/Layer/etc." dock. That is the Tool Options of the "Lasso Tool".
    9. Go choose the "Polygonal Lasso Tool" on the Tool Options. I recommend the polygonal one because it will be more easier to use than the Freehand lasso Tool.
    10. Go change the Feather to 10, not zero. I recommend ten because it's much... Cooler, I guess? But if you choose higher numbers, then there will be a much more blur on the picture.
    11. Make sure that the "Antialias" is checked.
    12. If you want your picture to get smaller, then go to IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE then make it smaller. Make sure that the window with the picture you uploaded is the one that is active, not the background of your graphic (the one with the size 500x200)
    13. why did I add step 12, you ask? Because Pixlr doesn't have a resize tool unlike Gimp. But it's not a hassle for me, though.:)
    14. Start cutting.
    15. After the ends meet, press CTRL+C on your keyboard.
    16. Go to the background of your graphic (the one with the size 500x200) and press CTRL+V.
    17. Now the spot that you cut is now in the graphic. Sometimes, there will be spots that showed up but you didn't want to show up. So follow the next step to erase it:
    18. Use the Eraser Tool and erase the spots that you don't like.
    19. Tutorial finished.:) Now add some background/text/etc. And have fun! :D
    20. after all that, save your work.:D

TO SAVE YOUR WORK: GO TO FILE > SAVE > CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR WORK > CHANGE THE FORMAT TO PNG (SO THAT IT WILL BE IN HIGH QUALITY) > OK

NOTE; PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A GRAPHIC SIMILAR TO THIS OR A GRAPHIC JUST LIKE THIS.

RE: TaylorThirteen's Tutorials

Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM

helped, thanks!
    You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me!!!
    *WANEGBT*

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM

TaylorSwiftRed wrote:
    helped, thanks!
    You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me!!!
    *WANEGBT*

Yay! :D I'm glad to have helped you.:))

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

How to Blend Pictures using Gimp/How to do A Simple Graphic using Gimp:

1. Open Gimp
    2. Go to FILE > NEW > WIDTH: 500, HEIGHT: 200 (this is the size that I will use in this tutorial) > OK
    3. I will only use a simple background, since I will use two pictures in this tutorial with a black background. So I will just use the "Bucket Fill Tool" and fill the canvas with a black color.
    4. Go to FILE > OPEN AS LAYERS > CHOOSE THE FIRST PICTURE THAT YOU WANT TO BE IN THE GRAPHIC.
    In this tutorial, I will firstly use this picture:
    One:

5. After Confirming it, the picture will show up in the canvas. Sometimes it may be too small, or too large, so don't worry. If that's the case, then go to the next step:
    6. Go to the Toolbox and use the "Scale Tool" and click on the picture and resize it. After you resize it, click "Resize" to confirm it.
    7. Now that you have resized the picture, you might want to erase some spots that you don't want. Go pick the "Eraser Tool" and erase the spots that you don't want on the picture. Don't worry, the image is the one active so the background won't be affected. To know that it is active, make sure that the Layers-Brushes dock is open. If not, then go to WINDOWS > RECENTLY CLOSED DOCKS > LAYERS, CHANNELS, PATHS...
    8. Now that you have erased the spots that you don't want, go to FILE > OPEN AS LAYERS > CLICK ON THE NEXT PICTURE THAT YOU WANT TO ADD > PRESS OPEN TO CONFIRM
    This is the second picture that I will use in this tutorial:

9. The picture will now show up in the canvas. Repeat Steps 5 to 7 if you have the same problems with the image just like the first image that you uploaded.
    10. After all that, go add the text that you want, and all the other things that you want to add.
    11. After all that wonderful time of designing, go save your work.:)
    12. This is what my graphic turned out to be:

TO SAVE YOUR WORK: GO TO FILE > SAVE > CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR WORK > CHANGE THE FORMAT TO PNG (SO THAT IT WILL BE IN HIGH QUALITY) > OK.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A GRAPHIC SIMILAR TO THIS OR A GRAPHIC JUST LIKE THIS, THANK YOU.

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Bump

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:33 AM

Bump! :D

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Bump.:))

Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Anybody want a tutorial?

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM

nobody seriously wants to ask a tutorial? Okay, I'll think of something, then.;)))

Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:06 AM

WAAAHHHHH!!! BUMP!

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Bumpity bump bump buuuump!!! :D

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I'll request a tutorial! How to download text to use on GIMP and if you can't do that then how to put text on graphics for GIMP.
    I was 13TSwizzle13

GraphicShop|GraphicBattle
    LAPQ/iwasascarletletter|Me

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

A tutorial on How to add texts on your work in GIMP:

1. Open Gimp.
    2. Go to FILE > OPEN > CLICK ON YOUR FINALIZED GRAPHIC THAT HAS NO TEXT > OPEN
    If you still haven't done a graphic, then you can learn how on one of my other tutorials. Be sure that it doesn't have a text, since we'll add one in this tutorial
    3. If you still heaven't opened your toolbox yet, then go to WINDOWS > TOOLBOX and a new window will pop up, which is your toolbox.
    4. Go hover with you mouse and fine the "TEXT TOOL". Click on it, then double click again after.
    5. After you double click, a small window will appear, showing the TOOL OPTIONS of the "text tool".
    6. Now, go to your opened graphic, then-since you've already clicked on the text tool, right?-click on your graphic.
    7. Add your text. Type it on your graphic.
    8. Go to the toolbox and find the "Move Tool" and be sure that the "Move the Active Layer"
    check box is opened. You can know if it is opened if you see its Tool Options box by also double-clicking on it.
    9. Once you click "Move the active layer" box, be sure that your "LAYERS-BRUSHES" window is open. If not, then go to WINDOWS > RECENTLY CLOSED DOCKS > LAYERS, CHANNELS, PATHS, Etc... and a new window will appear, showing your "Layers-Brushes" window.
    10. Be sure that your text is the active layer, and to know if it is, then go to the Layers-Brushes window and click on the layer that is the text.
    11. After, go move your text where you want.
    12. Click on the "Text Tool" again and click on your text.
    13. See the little landscape window on the top of your text? That's where you can edit your text.
    14. Press CTRL+A and be sure that ALL of your text on the box is highlighted in yellow.
    15. You can change the font of the text by clicking on the longest box on the landscape window above your text. Type the font that you like, and click on the font.
    NOTE: The fonts that you downloaded in your computer will be the fonts that you can use in Gimp.
    16. Go click on your text again and press CTRL+A and be sure that your text is highlighted in yellow again.
    17. After you chose the font, find the little box on the lower-right side of the landscape box above your text and click on it.
    18. A new window will appear, showing you that you can now choose the exact color that you like for your text.
    19. Choose the color that you like, the press OK.
    20. Now, your text may be misplaced or is placed wrongly again, so go do Steps 8-11 if it's misplaced again.
    21. Now that you've placed your text where you want it, you're now finished!

HOW TO SAVE YOUR WORK: FILE > EXPORT > TYPE THE FILE NAME THAT YOU WANT > SELECT FILE TYPE > PNG (IF YOUR WORK'S A PNG FILE AND NOT AN ANIMATION) OR GIF (IF YOUR WORK IS AN ANIMATION) > EXPORT > (CONTINUE THIS STEP IF YOUR WORK'S A GIF FILE) ANOTHER BOX/WINDOW WILL APPEAR > CROP > ANOTHER BOX/WINDOW WILL APPEAR > BE SURE THAT THE "SAVE AS ANIMATION" CHECK BOX IS CHECKED AND AFTER, BE SURE THAT THE "LOOP FOREVER" CHECK BOX IS CHECKED > EXPORT

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A GRAPHIC SIMILAR TO THIS OR A GRAPHIC JUST LIKE THIS.

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM

WOOW THANKS!!

Music21. Me. Me.

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.