1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

how to make GIF graphics using GIMP!

Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 6:24 AM

FINALLY, I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS! SO I THOUGHT I`D TEACH YA`ALL! :) Hope it helps!
EDIT: HERE`S THE TUTORIAL!
we`ll be making this kind of a graphic:

(I KINDA RE-MADE IT WHILE MAKING THIS TUTORIAL. SO IT WILL NOT BE EXACTLY THE SAME)
we`ll be using
this gif: http://i39.tinypic.com/3166gcn.gif
and this picture:

1. Open GIMP.
2. Go To File->New

3. Set the settings as follows:

4. Now, go to File->Open As Layers->Click on the gif->Ok

5. Now open Layers Dialogs. If it isn`t open, Go To Dialogs->Layers
6. Now you will see the 15 frames of the GIF and the background. Right beside each frame, there will be a clickable square. Click on that. A chain-saw symbol will appear as follows:

7. Make sure you click that for ALL the frames of the GIF. Also, make sure you don`t select it in the Background Layer.

8. Now, you can move and resize the GIF according to your own wish.
9. Go to File->Open and open the other image in a new window.

10. Now go back to your previous window and go to Layers->New Layer

11. Select the following options:

and click on OK
12. Now, go to the other image window and copy-paste that image into this window. It should look like this:

Now, Right-click on this image and click on Anchor Layer. after this, you can move it to a suitable position and even resize it.
and your Layers Dialog should look like this:

13. now, Right-Click on the New Layer as shown in the screenshot and click on Add Layer Mask

select the following options:

14. Use the Blend/Gradient Tool to blend the image. It should look like this:

and the Layers Dialog like:

15. Go to the Layers Dialog-> Right click on the New Layer-> Duplicate Layer

should look like this:

16. Right-Click on the ORIGINAL New Layer and click on Merge Down.

17. Now, move the New Layer Copy below Frame 15. it should look like (I HAVE ENLARGED THE LAYERS DIALOG)

18. Now, Right-click on the New Layer Copy and click on Duplicate Layer.

should look like:

19. Now Right-click New Layer Copy and click on Merge Down.

and move the New Layer Copy #1 below Frame 14 and Duplicate Layer. Repeat this process, till each and every Frame has the same layer on it, i.e. it should look like this:

Please Note that the Background is left untouched. It should be plain white.
20. Now go to the First Frame of the GIF(the one RIGHT above the Background) Right-click->Merge Down

21. Go to Filters->Animation->Playback

22.a window should appear. click on Play to see your GIF.

23. Go To File->Save As->nameofyourfilehere.gif
24. To add text, I used Lunapic.You can also use online-image-editor.net. If you wanna use GIMP, you`ll have to create a text layer and then repeat the process you used for the 2nd image. That is, keep duplicating the TEXT LAYER AND MERGE IT TO EACH OF THE FRAMES.
25. DONE!
That was looonnnnnnnggg. But only because it was a tutorial. while making the graphic, it couldn`t take more than 15 mins.! Believe me, its worth trying out. If you are having problems in BLENDING the 2nd image, you can ask ME or just simply use an Eraser :)
I hope that helped :)

^^I LOVE YOU HANNAH! GO DISTRICT 2 IN THE GRAPHIC GAMES!!!

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: how to make GIF graphics using GIMP!

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:15 AM

editing it in to the first post :)

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:52 AM

DONE!

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I'm gonna have to try this soon! Thanks so much!!!!!

Avi: Christina | Me :)

RE: how to make GIF graphics using GIMP!

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Bump :)

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Haha, so much better than my gif tutorial! Thanks, I'm trying this out soon. :)

Avi: iwasascarletletter | Me

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:23 AM

^^glad :)

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:44 AM

tried this out and made my first ever gif. i know im weird @-) i dont get gimp at all you see! thanks! :D
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I`d really like to see it- no matter how bad it is :) my first few weren`t good either.
    here`s my latest:

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Bump

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM

If anyone is finding this useful. I'd really appreciate it if u wud just post ur results

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Bump

^^^RANDOM BUT SWEET LIA

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM

So I made a graphic with your tutorial (Thanks, it helped a lot!) but when I went to go save it, it saved as an .xcf. I tried to upload it to LunaPic, online-image-editor.com, and Photobucket but none of them worked. Do you know what I did? :)

^^DancingAroundAllAlone/imeg99/LikeAPageantQueen

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:09 AM

^^^yes I knw Wat u did wrong. .xcf is a GIMP file type. Which means that if u click to open it,it will open in gimp. So open the file you saved and click on file->save as and write yourfilenamehere.gif then try uploading, it will work :)

^^by the amazing redvelvet13! REQUEST NOW!
    avi by the amazing cowgirl (Allyouareismean)

Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Thank you!

^^DancingAroundAllAlone/imeg99/LikeAPageantQueen

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I am trying this goes good

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I made one with my pictures oms it worked

Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Thank you so much!

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

thank you so much for the tutorial :) it really helped
    although i had problems trying to blend the 2nd image since i never use gimp
    anyway i think it turned out well :)

I'd be enchanted if you entered my graphic contest :)
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2430283

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thank you for posting this!
    Fearless Tour: 5.15.10 Speak Now Tour: 7.19.11