Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Kaylee's Tutorials! (: **CLOSED**

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Hi! I'm Kaylee(as you most likely know...) and I use GIMP and PS CS5 to make graphics! I've been told by people to make a tutorial thread so here it is! :) You can request either GIMP or Photoshop tutorials, I'm not able to do websites. In the tutorials I'll be posting screenshots so it's easier! :) I hope you request one!
Forms for Tutorials;
Program;
Type of Graphic;
What you want to learn the most;
What you need to have in it;
Size;
Text;

)

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Kaylee's Tutorials! (:

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT MY WHOLE LIFE.
    Taylor Gang or Die [Swift]

My name's Jasmin but call me Taco :) dutty.

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

gotbitbytheswiftbug13 (Taco) wrote:
    I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT MY WHOLE LIFE.
    Taylor Gang or Die [Swift]

My name's Jasmin but call me Taco :) dutty.
    :)

)

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Requests for tutorials? :)
    )

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM

BLENDING!!!!!!!

Avi: iwasascarletletter | RedFenderAddict | Jordyn

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Music 21 wrote:
    BLENDING!!!!!!!

Sure! Can you use the form so I know exactly what to put in it? :)

)

RE: Kaylee's Tutorials! (:

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Program; GIMP
    Type of Graphic; Siggie...with a gif?!?
    What you want to learn the most; Put gifs in a graphic. :D
    What you need to have in it; Make sure to have it written for stupid people like me
    Size; 500 x 200
    Text; ?

^^I made that! :D

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Program: GIMP
    Type of Graphic: Signature
    What you want to learn the most: Blending
    What you need to have in it: Pictures of Taylor for the graphic. Cool effects, maybe? And for the tutorial.... screenshots and a very detailed description. :)
    Size: 500 x 200
    Text: You choose.

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

YAYYYYYYY!!!

Program; PS
    Type of Graphic; Signature
    What you want to learn the most; Blending
    What you need to have in it; instructions on blending...I'm not really sure. :)
    Size; 500 x 200
    Text: You choose :)

^^ By Me :)

^^ KLC (Kentucky Lia Chicken) :)

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Ooh, wasn't expecting this many on the first day! I'll get to work on them, they're on my list of things to do ;p
    )

Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM

LikeAFirework} Sorry, I only use PS for GIFs :( Is there anything else you wanna learn? :)
    Blending Tutorial in GIMP {for Music21}
    1. Have your pictures ready in your tabs! And your texture(:
    2. Make a new Canvas File>New>500x200
    3. Go to where you have your texture open, and right click>copy
    I'll be using this texture :)
    4. Go back to your canvas, right click>paste
    When you click paste you'll see something like this;

Right click on that>New Layer :)
    Now, it should say 'Pasted Layer'
    5. Go back to your tab(s) where you have your picture(s) and copy, paste them in the same process like above :)
    The pictures I'm using are; 1 & 2
    6. Cutting out the pictures:
    For the 1st picture up there, I used a Soft Brush|Hardness 50| Size 74 and erased it very close to the picture on 100% and left some spots that are harder to get. Do that to both sides. Now mine looks like this;

Zoom in on the graphic(I went to 400%) and make your brush the settings; Soft Brush|Hardness 50| Size 10 now erase all of the spaces that you couldn't get before. I also erased some wisps of hair to make it look neater.
    For the 2nd picture up there, I'm using the same settings as up there ^^ And before I started erasing, I positioned this picture above that one. Erase as much as you can and then zoom in(again, I'm using 400%) and use the settings Soft Brush|Hardness 50| Size 15 and erase everything that you couldn't, to get the little gap between Tay's arm I just made the brush size 5.
    My Graphic looks like this so far;

7. Now, since there are alot of layers go to Image>Flatten image so it's just one layer now and it's less messy :)
    8. Now, to get a cool look to the image go to Color>Levels> Input settings; 0|0.57|255 Output settings; 0|255
    Duplicate the Layer, and make these settings the settings on yours

Now, Flatten the image again(:
    9. Add your text! I'll be using the font 'Sweetly Broken' and make the text 'you're beautiful every little piece love'
    Now, to get the border around the text right click on the layer of text>click 'Alpha to Selection' near the bottom
    Now that your text is selected, go to Select>Grow>1 (I used 1 but you can use any number)
    10. Make a new layer. Layer>New>Transparent. Go to your brushes and make sure the color you want around the text is ready. Make sure the new layer is under the text, unless this won't work. Paint in the new layer and now the text should be outlined :)
    11. Add your credit, save and you're done! :)
    Finished result;

Thanks for requesting a tutorial! If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask(:
    My Graphic Shop|My Tutorials

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

**Bump** :) Requests for Tutorials? One more will be posted soon :)

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

thanks for the tutorial! :D

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Music 21 wrote:
    thanks for the tutorial! :D

You're welcome :)

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Blending Tutorial for Photoshop {For fearlessforever13}
    1. Start out with all of the pictures and texture(s) you need for your graphic saved
    2. Open them all in PS
    3. Make a new Canvas in PS, once you do that drag all of the pictures and your texture into it
    4. Position all of the pictures and your texture

5. Cutting;
    For the first picture I have my brush settings Soft Brush| Hardness 0%|Size 28 use that to erase as much as you can, everything was cut out on mine except for the hand, which will be covered so you’re done with that. If you do miss spots, make the settings Soft Brush| Hardness 30%| Size 5 or 10
    This is what mine looked after erasing:

For the second picture, my settings are the same for the first above (Soft Brush, Hardness 0, Size 28) and erase as much as you can. I have spots left so I’ll be using Soft Brush| Hardness 30%| Size 5 and 10
    Mine currently looks like this;

5. Time for text(: I’ll be using is the font ‘Lobster’ and the text is gonna be “drop everything now”
    Go to Layer>Layer Style>Stroke I made my settings Size 2| Opacity 63%| and color black
    6. Add PSD’s and Topaz Clean it. Anything you want to do!
    My final result;

Thanks for requesting a tutorial! If you have any questions, ask away(:

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Your graphics are always so pretty! Where do you get your backgrounds?

Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

LikeAFirework wrote:
    Your graphics are always so pretty! Where do you get your backgrounds?

Thank you! :D I get mine from Deviantart, Swimchick, sometimes and rarely google :)

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

FINALLY!
    Program; Gimp
    Type of Graphic; Signature
    What you want to learn the most: Cutting:)
    What you need to have in it: 2 Taylor Pics :) Glowing Text!
    Size: 500x200
    Text: You choose!

1. Me 2. Me 3. Avi-Me

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM

CHECK YOUR PMs :P

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Kitty-Cat; (It won't let me quote you) Okay :)

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.