Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: FF13's Tutorials :)

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. kitkat13; 2. Bea; Avi. Swiftlookalike

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Creating Backgrounds From Scratch

Hello! This is my first tutorial :) I make most of the backgrounds for my graphics myself. Here is one of the techniques I use. :) Though I am using Photoshop Elements, this can be done in regular Photoshop, gimp, and other online editors, depending on what features are in it.

Step 1: Open a new blank file, and fill the layer with one of the sparkle patterns in this free pattern package. Like so:

Step 2: Go to Enhance - Adjust Hue and Saturation. (may be different depending in what program you're using) and change the layer hue according to these settings:

Step 3: Create a new layer above the old one.

Step 4: Use the gradient tool to create a gradient in your new layer. It doesn't matter what colors, but I chose orange and yellow.

Step 5: Lower the opacity of the gradient layer. I chose 60%, but play around with the number and figure out what looks best.

Step 6: Create a new layer between the original two layers.

Step 7: Use the brush tool in this layer. You can use whatever brush, but I am using these brushes. Also, I am using a white brush but just use whatever looks best to you :)

Step 8: Create a new layer on top of all of your other layers and use one of the brushes in this brush set.

And tada! There you go! You have a beautiful background for your graphics. I hope this tutorial helped you. If you used it, please post the results here. Please don't duplicate this exactly or make anything relatively close. Here is the result! :)

(without the water mark of course)

^^ By Me :)

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Thank you so much! :D This tutorial is great! :D Can you still download brushes if you have the free trial?

(^) Made by me

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Music21: Yep! And if you decide to buy it, all the brushes you downloaded will still be there :)

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

ok. :)

(^) Made by me

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm gonna try that tutorial as soon as this anti virus thing is done running :)

My graphic shop

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM

DancingAroundAllAlone: Cool :) I have an anti virus thing on my computer and it's really irritating, it makes my screen go blank then I have to restart my computer :P

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Mine takes like, an hour to go through all my files :P

My graphic shop

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I used pixlr and it's pretty much the exact same thing. I used different brushes and stuff, though. I'll post just the background for now, but I'll show the completed background later on :) Actually, for some reason it won't let me upload anything to anywhere :( Will post SOON. :) PLUS, I forgot to add sparkle- OH WELL

Av+Sig-Me

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Allyouareismean: Awesome! Can't wait to see it! :)

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

TADA! I got it working:

Av+Sig-Me

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Allyouareismean: that's really cool!

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM

13th post! I just thought you'd like to know that you have 13 posts on this thread...yeah...

^^^The Flawless, wonderful Bea

^^^Me!

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

fearlessswiftie13: Haha, before I clicked on the thread I thought "Hey, I have 13 posts" :)

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

For your next tutorial, could you do one on blending or cutting? I don't care which site you use..... whatever you prefer, whatever's better to use. :)

(^) Made by me

Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Music21: cool I'll probably do one on cutting since I am not the best at blending...

Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Haha.... ya, me, too. :)

(^) Made by me

Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I would love to get the full version of Photoshop, but its so expensive. How'd you guys get it? (:

Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

fearlessforever13 wrote:
    Allyouareismean: that's really cool!

LATE! I never finished that graphic... And thanks! I'll do it now :D

My Graphic Shop

Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM

The graphic:

My Graphic Shop

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.