1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

CB4L's Graphic Tutorials!

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hey guys! So I've been getting so many messages and comments of people asking me how I make my graphics or asking for graphic advice, so I thought I'd make a tutorial thread! I will try my best to post a tutorial once every week for you guys!

Finished Tutorials:
Gimp Basic Graphics- p. 1
Gimp Circle graphics- p. 2
Installing fonts- p. 2

Upcoming Tutorials:

1. Using GIMP Brushes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both graphics by me

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Countrybumpkin4life's Graphic Tutorials!

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM

umm... do u knw how to add more brushes to GIMP? Like , I downloaded a few but I don`t knw how to put them in the software!

credit to greece_loves_taylor for this awesome sig!

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I just barely got gimp...... I have NO idea where to even start. Could you just say some of the basics for Gimp? that would help sooooo much!!!!
    -feel free to become my friend ( i wil always accept)
    please visit this site!!!!!!!!!:
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_videos/1926531

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Taymakesmyday wrote:
    umm... do u knw how to add more brushes to GIMP? Like , I downloaded a few but I don`t knw how to put them in the software!

No, I am yet to find out how to do this :(

Both graphics by me

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

taylorswiftie12903:) wrote:
    I just barely got gimp...... I have NO idea where to even start. Could you just say some of the basics for Gimp? that would help sooooo much!!!!
    -feel free to become my friend ( i wil always accept)
    please visit this site!!!!!!!!!:
    http://taylorswift.com/forum/taylor_videos/1926531

Yeah, I'll do a basic one now!

Both graphics by me

RE: Countrybumpkin4life's Graphic Tutorials!

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Basic GIMP graphics:

For newer GIMP users, GIMP can be difficult to master. Even I haven't mastered it fully. So here's a basic GIMP graphic tutorial to get you started :) I make my GIMP graphics in a really weird way, so do not criticize me if I do it wrong because it works for me.

First, find a picture or a few to get started. I would recommend using pictures with a similar theme or that were taken at the same time! For this tutorial, I will be using these two pictures:

Next, you must find a background to use. I usually go on swimchick.net or google the kind of background I want, then layer them and add effects to them on picmonkey.com. I still have to crop and resize but here is what I came up with:

Next, open all images in GIMP and begin with your background image, like so. Crop/edit/resize to your heart's content :)

Next, click on your first picture of Taylor that you would like to focus on. Then, using your toolbox, click on the Free Select tool (it should look like a lasso)

Now, using the Free Select Tool, roughly outline the part of the picture you would like to paste onto the background, you can use the zoom tool if it helps you. Don't worry it doesnt need to be perfect now, this is just a rough outline. When you're done you should see a line around Taylor flashing with a zigzaggy pattern.

(sorry, I can't screen clip the pattern, it wont let me )

Now, click on the small square in the bottom left hand corner, once you click everything around your outline should turn red. (Once again, you won't be able to see the zigzag lines in my picture.)

Before:

After:

Now, obviously this isn't perfect. So use the paintbrush and eraser tools to fill in the other spaces with red and erase any stray marks. If you want to make a straight line, hold down the shift key. Zooming in will also help you in this step. When you're finished click on the square in the lower left hand corner again. The outline should now be more clean.

Press Ctrl C to copy, then go to the picture of the background and press Ctrl V to paste. Resize, and Move the picture until it is in the position you want.

Repeat for any other pictures.

Next, use the text tool to add any text. Voila! You have made a simple graphic in GIMP!

Yes, I moved the first picture after I took the screenshot. Sorry, I realized it wouldn't work that way! Please do not copy my graphic idea. Please use your own! Thank you for reading and I hope this helped!

Both graphics by me

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM

oh well thats okay... btw great tutorial! also, I knw how to add pattern fills.. but Gimp brushes? i even knw how to add fonts... if only...*sigh*
    oh and I kinda found it difficult to use eraser and paint so I just simply blend two images together now, but for beginners it wud be kinda hard to start blending so yeah that was a pretty cool tutorial!

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Taymakesmyday wrote:
    oh well thats okay... btw great tutorial! also, I knw how to add pattern fills.. but Gimp brushes? i even knw how to add fonts... if only...*sigh*
    oh and I kinda found it difficult to use eraser and paint so I just simply blend two images together now, but for beginners it wud be kinda hard to start blending so yeah that was a pretty cool tutorial!

Thank you! Yeah I know how to add fonts too but I just wish I knew how to add brushes. Maybe I'll find another Gimp user and ask them! Oh and how do you add pattern fills? I never learned how to do that!

Both graphics by me

Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Any new tutorial requests?

Both graphics by me

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

no one?

Both graphics by me

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Nobody wants a tutorial?

Both graphics by m

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hmmm....how about circle graphics? Can you make those in GIMP?

^Made by me. :)
    My Graphic Boutique

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

This is random, but I did a tutorial on adding GIMP brushes. Well, more a website, but I didn't make it. Basically, I have a link to a website that says how :)

Av+Sig-Me

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

LikeAFirework wrote:
    Hmmm....how about circle graphics? Can you make those in GIMP?

^Made by me. :)
    My Graphic Boutique

Yes I can! That one will be next!

Both graphics by m

Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Allyouareismean wrote:
    This is random, but I did a tutorial on adding GIMP brushes. Well, more a website, but I didn't make it. Basically, I have a link to a website that says how :)

Av+Sig-Me

I will DEFINITELY check that out :) Thanks cowgirl!

Both graphics by m

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM

countrybumpkin4life wrote:
    Allyouareismean wrote:

Av+Sig-Me

I will DEFINITELY check that out :) Thanks cowgirl!

Both graphics by m

No probs country bumpkin :)

Av+Sig-Me

Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Next up is GIMP circle graphics :)

In progress :)

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I'll try to get that circle graphic tutorial up by tomorrow night :)

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

How do you add fonts to GIMP?

1.longlivetaylorswift 2.MeAvatar:longlivetaylorswift

Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

**POSTING SO THIS STAYS IN MY RECENT FORUMS**

1.longlivetaylorswift 2.Me Avatar:longlivetaylorswift

Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM

luckythirteen wrote:
    How do you add fonts to GIMP?

1.longlivetaylorswift 2.MeAvatar:longlivetaylorswift

I'll do that after circle graphics! I better make a list of what I need to do!