Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Graphic/Avatar/Badges/Etc. FAQ

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Okay so people have been asking CONSTANTLY about signature help, avatar help, badges, gifs, points, profiles, how to make your text colored, how to make it centered, ETC. So I hope that this will help all of you new swifties who have no idea what they are doing.

SIGNATURES/PICTURES/GRAPHICS
Probably the most common question of them all, here is how to put a picture into your signature,profile, etc.
All you do is this: put [ IMG ] link to the picture (right click the picture then click "copy image URL" or something like that) [ /IMG WITH NO SPACES

Not the most common question, but common enough. To put a pictureas your avatar do this:
go to your profile --> click on your little avatar box --> click upload --> click on the picture you want --> click open --> scroll down and hit "update".

BADGES
What are badges? Badges are little things that you earn to make you look cool. Other than that they have no meaning. But they're nice to have.
How do you use them? You don't. They just sit on your profile.
What are they for? Nothing, they just make you look cool. They don't actually do anything but again, they are nice to have.
How can I earn them? There are a bunch of different ones, the most common (soon to be the most uncommon) is the Founder Badge which you get if you were here during the trial period. (Febuary - May 2012). Other ones you usually earn by being social, posting on forums, having a lot of friends, or getting a lot of page views.

What are points? They are things that you earn by being social, posting blogs, posting on the forum, leaving comments, etc.
What are they for? Currently, they are just nice little things to have around. But I sent a message asking what they are going to be for and they might turn them into things to trade for merch. Athough, I'm not really sure.
How can I earn them? Like stated above, you can earn them by being social, posting blogs, posting on the forum, or leaving comments. But I'm sure there are other ways.

MAKING GRAPHICS
I want to make a graphic but don't know how! Well there are several things you can do: You can buy a program, download a free program, or use a site.
I want to buy a program, what should I get? The best in the buisness is Photoshop, but if you google some stuff I'm sure you can find something cheaper.
I don't want to buy a program, but I want to download one. What should I get? A very popular choice is Gimp. But you could also find someother stuff if you google it.
I don't want to download a program, what should I use? Picmonkey (begginers), Fotoflexer (intermidiate), Pixlr Editor (expert/gimp level) or Lunapic if you want to make some animations.
NOTE: These are just MY ideas. Go and ask some other graphic makers what they use if you do not want to use the above.

GIFS
What are gifs? Moving pictures.
How can I put them in my signature? The same way you do it with a regualr .jpg or .png picture.

LINKS, UNDERLINING, BOLDING, AND ITACICIZING
link code: [ url = your link url here ] text here something like "my graphic shop" or what ever [ / url ] WITHOUT SPACES IN BETWEEN THE [ url ] OR [ / url]
underlining: [ u ] your text here [ / u ] WITHOUT SPACES IN BETWEEN THE [ u ] OR [ / u ]
bolding: [ b ] your text here [ / b ] WITHOUT SPACES IN BETWEEN THE [ b ] OR [ / b]
itacic [ i ] your text here [ / i ] WITHOUT SPACES IN BETWEEN THE [ i ] OR [ / i ]

COLORING, TEXT RESIZE, CENTERING
coloring: [ color = blue (or whatever color) ] your text here [ / color ] WITHOUT SPACES IN BETWEEN THE [ color = ] OR [ / color ]
text sizing: [ size = 15 (best size for big text. 200 is way to big.) ] your text here [ / size ] AGAIN, NO SPACES!!
centering (this one is a little different) < center > your text < / center > WITHOUT SPACES

EMOTICONS
It's easy: [ smile ] [ sad ] [ cool ] [ heart ] see? This is what those three will look like: Get it?

So I hope this helped. Just ask below if there are any questions.Thanks and have a swiftastic day!

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Graphic/Avatar/Badges/Etc. FAQ

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I think this will be very helpful for a lot of people, thank you for posting
    ~

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM

You're welcome!

My graphic shop! :)

1. me
    2. Ours13

RE: Graphic/Avatar/Badges/Etc. FAQ

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Yay this should help a lot! I hope this color works.
    Thanks so much!

Check out my graphic shop?

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Dmeosi wrote:
    Yay this should help a lot! I hope this color works.
    Thanks so much!

Great gob!! You're welcome! :)

My graphic shop! :)

1. me
    2. Ours13

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thanks so much! :D

(^) Me
    Credit to Dani_Pazl for the avatar.

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The color really helped! Thanks!!!

1) Long Live T-Swizzle 2) Me! Avi: Superswiftie1331

Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Thanks with all the color and centering!
    ---

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I didn't really need this :) but this should be stickied!

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM

This would be helpful to a lot of people! I would suggest posting this in a different category, like forum suggestions! ;)

^^ By Me :)

^ Credits on my profile :)

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:39 AM

thanks muchly! you've improved my profile!

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Where hav u disappeared?

credit to 1.ILoveTaylorSwift13 & 2.Allyouareismean

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Lol just testing, this helped

Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Sorry just really need to say this not trying to sound like a know it all with this is just that my graphic arts teacher drilled this into my brain and i have decided to share my knowledge with the world! GIF stands for Graphic/Graphics Interchange Format. By the way....now i need some knowledge how do you make you signature show up with out needing to click the show signature button???
    made by: 1TrueSwiftieForeverAndAlways 2AliceandJasper 3Primafacie

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.