Bea avatar Bea
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How to make a banner with a GIF

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hi ! Music21 asked me to teach her how to make a graphic with a GIF. So I'm doing a tutorial :)

Sorry my english^^, I tried to explain most of the tutorial with pictures, because it was a bit hard to do it in english

-First of all I'm using PhotoshopCS5 to make graphics. You can download a trial version (30days) HERE.

-In order to convert video in GIF I use "Video to GIF converter". You can download it [url= http://www.commentcamarche.net/download/telecharger-34067691-video-to-gif-converter]HERE.

We are going to make this graphic :

New-> 500x200 and name it "banner".

3) File -> Open -> "GifTaylor".
So now you have 2 files open in Photoshop "Banner" and "GifTaylor"

4)Then you can play the animation with the "play button".

LAYERS
: Since it's a Gif you have 13 layers with 13 different pictures

EYE : When there is an eye next to the layer it means that the layer is visible. To make an eye appear/disappear, just click on the case.

VIGNETTE : You have 13 vignettes (1 for each layer) (The animation will play Vignette 1 to 13)

For vignette 1 -> Only Layer 1 is visible (have an eye)
For Vignette 2 -> Only layer 2 is visible
For Vignette 13-< only layer 13 is visible.

5) Create a "Dossier" . Select layer 1 to 13 ( CTRL+ Click on layer 1 and 13) and slide them into the file "Banner" (the one we created 500x200)

6) You have to re-create 13 VIGNETTES.
Click on Vignette 1 then Click to make an Eye appear next to Layer 1
Click on Vignette 2 then Click to make an eye appear next to Layer 2
Click on Vignette 13 then Click to make an eye appear next to layer 13

Like that :

7) Create 3 new layers and paint them in light brown. They are named "Layer 14","15","16".
BECARFUL, when you change Opacity, colors, size (etc...) of something, don't forget to select all the VIGNETTES, otherwise the change will only appear in one vignette.
- Layer 14
- Layer 15

- Layer 16 : Click on the "Circle tool", draw a circle and then "suppr"( on your keyboard) 2 times.

Now you can see taylor face.

8) Write whatever you want.

9) Save for Web

THE END. I hope it was useful... If it's not understandable, i'll delete it XD.
If you have any questions, just ask :)

NEXT TUTO "How to make a text appear and then fade" ? YES or NO ?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: How to make a banner with a GIF

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I'll try this soon! :D So you have to download the video to gif converter in order to make a gif in Photoshop?

(^) Signature made by me!

Credit to Dani_Pazl for the avatar.

1. Bea avatar Bea

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM

No it's just if you have a video you want to do a gif with.
    You open the video in the program and select the seconds you want in your GIF and BAM you have a gif^^

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Bea wrote:
    No it's just if you have a video you want to do a gif with.
    You open the video in the program and select the seconds you want in your GIF and BAM you have a gif^^

So, what if you find a gif off of Google Images? You just start editing it into the banner?

2. Bea avatar Bea

Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

You have to save it in your PC and then Open it on Photoshop. The gif will open in other file than the one you have created in 500x200 in order to make your banner. Then you just have to select all the layers in the "Gif file" and past them in your ''banner''

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:42 AM

YES. To your question. :)

Avvie+siggie by MWAH

Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I juse have one question:

How do you create a "dossier"? And how to do you slide the layers into the file "Banner"? I don't have a "Groupe 1" button thingee you have. Amd how do you make 3 layers merge? Why do you need 3 layers? Can there be just 1? And I don't have "suppr" on my keyboard. Sorry for all of the questions, that's why I never learned how to make a graphic with a gif. Haha. :)

Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM

*bump*

(^) Me

3. Bea avatar Bea

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I'll open photoshop and answer you :)

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 4:11 AM

Bea wrote:
    I'll open photoshop and answer you :)

Thank you!

(^) Me

4. Bea avatar Bea

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM

-There are 3 brown layers because they all have a different effect on them. I think I forgot to tell about that. My fault. If you want different effect you can only use one layer or use a different effect that the ones I use.

-To slide : You have select all your layers, Just click on one of them but keep the button of your mouse pressed and just slide them into the "Banner" file

-For the "suppr' I think it's "delete" on the english keyborad

-You don't have this in your photoshop CS6 ?

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

*bump*

(^) Me

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

now I'm saving it into a gif file, and when I upload it on picmonkey or photobucket, the gif isn't moving. Why? Am i supposed to save it to a png or jpg file? I tried it all ways, but it still wont work.

(^) Me

5. Bea avatar Bea

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

When you go to "file", can you see "Save for the web"?

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Bea wrote:
    When you go to "file", can you see "Save for the web"?

Oh...... ya. I think it's gonna work now.

(^) Me

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Here is the graphic I made using your tutorial:

(^) Me

6. Bea avatar Bea

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It's amazing :) Thank you so much for using my tutorial ! Great job

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

and for your next tutorial, yes. :)

(^) Me

RE: How to make a banner with a GIF

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Isn't there a free way to do this? Like a link or something?

Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

just figured out how to do that with GIMP! YES!!! VICTORY!!!!

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Can't wait to see the next tutorial!

(^) Me
    Credit to Swiftlookalike for the avatar.