1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

WANEGBT confirmed as Grammy performance

Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM

It's offifcial Taylor will be singing WANEGBT at the Grammys.Taylor called in to the Michael Jay Show.
The interview is here.

Thoughts?
Fearless Tour: 5.15.10 Speak Now Tour: 7.19.11

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: WANEGBT confirmed as Grammy performance

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Every Smile You Fake wrote:
    I'm kind of disappointed. I just don't feel that song is Grammy material.

Then why was it nominated?

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

tswift13fan wrote:
    What just happened to the "She Might Play" thread, went to post something and it just disappeared and I got an error it no longer exists. Well here is the rant I was going to write haha, and if it is confirmed she is playing WANEGBT I will NOT watch The Grammy's enough said.

Seriously? You're not gonna watch the Grammy's strictly because of the song she's singing? Even though she's been working so hard and is so excited? I'm sorry, but I just think that's really disrespectful. We're her fans, we should be supporting her.

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Just read this on @TSwiftOnTour

Taylor's Grammy performance is going to include a double stage, lots of people & described as the "biggest production element in the show!"

I think we can rule out "Safe & Sound" :)

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM

swifties! don't complain! this just means she's saving songs like all to well for the tour so her fans get to see it!! and it's going to be a big performance that should be stunning and perfect. I'm pretty excited for it.

made by me :) ^

^ made by gigi!

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

tswift13fan wrote:
    What just happened to the "She Might Play" thread, went to post something and it just disappeared and I got an error it no longer exists. Well here is the rant I was going to write haha, and if it is confirmed she is playing WANEGBT I will NOT watch The Grammy's enough said.

SwiftieNaomie13 wrote:
    I vote for 22 or Treacherous....People have to listen more of RED. if she always performs the same two songs....Idk.

What she needs to do, (and sorry to the people who actually like overplayed radio pop, I just cannot STAND IT regardless of the artist) is ACTUALLY play either an acoustic song (I'm not talking 22, even though there is a chance it could be pulled off) or a country-inspired song. Examples: All Too Well, Safe and Sound, State of Grace (Acoustic), Everything Has Changed; or even a slower powerful song would suffice as well along the lines of Moment I Knew and Come Back.. Be Here.

I just feel if she continues to keep playing strictly her pop songs, people are going to just think "Cool, another overplayed pop star, just what we need in this world." I'm not bashing Taylor, I love her music and she is one of my favorites not only for her songs, but how she portrays herself to the general public, I am just saying people who don't know Taylor as much as we do, will not take her serious, and continue to just bash her for the one or two songs they know (which one of them would almost definitely be WANEGBT).

That's my rant haha, can't wait to see The Grammys, hope she doesn't disappoint.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacks_photography/

Visit my Flickr account for great photos. Thank you for looking

I agree :) I love her, and I always will, but that doesn't mean I love every decision she makes! I mean, I love my family but I'm always disagreeing with them. I also can't stand overplayed radio pop haha. I honestly probably won't watch the Grammys to see her performance, I'll just catch the red carpet/pre-show thing to see if she wins any awards. I'm not boycotting or anything, but I just don't really care about seeing WANEGBT again.

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

what does that mean
    Taylor Swift

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Can't wait!!! I was hoping she would play a different one, but I'm still excited to watch it!!!!!!!

Thanks Tanya!!!!

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I'm just starting to wonder...is it possible we're all just underestimating what Taylor is going to deliver on Sunday night? Maybe just a little bit? I just have this feeling she knows way better than any of us what the Grammys mean, not to mention opening the Grammys.

And then I've been running into a lot of things like this (a piece of a post by holyground):

This is what Ken Erhlich, executive producer of the Grammy's, said:

"She's incredibly creative. They came to us with an idea, I'm not going to say what song it is, but I can promise you as it has been the last couple years with her...it's a Taylor you've never seen before and it's really exciting. It fills the stage."

Actually she's going to fill 2 stages!

I don't know about you but I'm starting to give her the benefit of the doubt, "We Are Never...etc" or not. I'm starting to feel a little excited...like I won't be able to not watch her. I trust her. I believe she knows what she's doing. And I wonder if maybe it might just be ginormous....

We've all seen "We are never...etc." before. But Ken Erhlich promises this will be a Taylor we've never seen before. Hmmm....

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM

The reason why she is performing WANEGBT is because it is up for an award and is one of her biggest songs this year so she would perform it at one of the biggest events of the year. I know that she will do something different since it is the Grammys but we will find out on sunday!

1. Moderator

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM

carly13 wrote:
    I'm just starting to wonder...is it possible we're all just underestimating what Taylor is going to deliver on Sunday night? Maybe just a little bit? I just have this feeling she knows way better than any of us what the Grammys mean, not to mention opening the Grammys.

And then I've been running into a lot of things like this (a piece of a post by holyground):

"She's incredibly creative. They came to us with an idea, I'm not going to say what song it is, but I can promise you as it has been the last couple years with her...it's a Taylor you've never seen before and it's really exciting. It fills the stage."

I don't know about you but I'm starting to give her the benefit of the doubt, "We Are Never...etc" or not. I'm starting to feel a little excited...like I won't be able to not watch her. I trust her. I believe she knows what she's doing. And I wonder if maybe it might just be ginormous....

We've all seen "We are never...etc." before. But Ken Erhlich promises this will be a Taylor we've never seen before. Hmmm....

This!

Thanks to Kerri for the sig!!

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I'm so excited!!! I hope she wins all of the awards she is nominated for!! And I can't wait for her performance as the opening for the Grammy's wow what an honor!!! :D

RE: Re: WANEGBT confirmed as Grammy performance

Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM

carly13 wrote:

really?THAT is true though, taylor is creative. We can see that from her lyrics. She also designed the stage for the speak now world live tour!!!:)

Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

carly13 wrote:

100% agree!

Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Ugh. I want another song other than WANEGBT or IKYWT.

lovelovelove,
    Bella

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Are you guys excited for this performance?
    Fearless Tour: 5.15.10 Speak Now Tour: 7.19.11

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

carly13 wrote:

Whatever it is, it's gonna be big. ;)

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I'm so so so excited it's obviously going to be an awesome performance whatever she sings!!

made by me :) ^

^ made by gigi!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I'm so excited to see! But I would definitely rather see her perform something else because she's performed WANEGBT so many times

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Can't wait!!!! I'm sure it'll be amazing as always!!

made by autumn leaves are falling!!!

Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I'm really excited and I know it's going to be amazing but I'm worried she will get hate for it because some people despise this song. I don't want to see people ripping apart her performance on Twitter but I'm sure with how hard Taylor has been working, people will adore it.

Credit to iwasascarletletter for making my signature!