1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

When was the first time you saw Taylor Live?

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Interested to see when you all first saw her live, I know a lot Americans will be fairly early on and would love to hear about it.

I am from the UK and been a huge fan since 2007, she came over to the UK late 2008 and I had just moved house and had no internet for three months, the day I got it back was the day after she was here, can you believe it? so only found out the day after. Still they say everything happens for a reason and perhaps I would have never of pushed to get tickets to her Talk show appearance on the Paul O Grady show in 2009 which is the first time I saw her live and met her too, so I'm thinking if I did go the 2008 gig perhaps I'd have never met her at Paul O Grady as may not have bothered.

First proper concert time seeing her live was that same night at Shepherds Bush Empire 09

How about you?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: When was the first time you saw Taylor Live?

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM

November 2009 in Manchester, if I had discovered her 6 months earlier I might have ended up at the Shepherds Bush show. I was aware it was happening and I was in England at the time and was pondering taking a stop in London and getting last minute tickets. I decided it was a little obsessive though for a singer I still knew only a little about at the time.

Oh well, like you said I guess everything happens for a reason.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

July 17th, 2009 in Columbus, Ohio on the Fearless Tour! The was the most AMAZING night ever. My Mom & I had awful nosebleed seats, but got there early hoping to meet Taylor since I knew before the tour she would come out after and sign autographs & meet fans. Well we didn't meet her, but her Mom came out and gave pit wristbands to all the people that had awful seats (They actually looked at your tickets then to make sure you really did have bad seats) We were touching the stage the entire time, it was AMAZING. We were one of the first tour stops so not as many people thought about going early. Of course now since she's HUGE everyone goes early and its A LOT harder to get the wristbands.
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM

The first time I saw Taylor was February 17, 2008 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando Florida.
    It was a standing room only venue and I got there at 8am and was the first one in line. I happened to see Taylor at 10am headed to Universal Studios and I tried my hardest to meet her but her security guards rushed me away. Taylor saw us but decided to just keep walking. I was so hurt and upset by her actions at this time. It turned me off a little from her after this but then I kept hearing people's stories about how sweet and nice she was so I decided it must of been an off day for her.

So all in all, I love Taylor and support her!
    Thank you Sweetgirl & Daya!!!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM

The first Taylor concert i went to was July 14th 2011 in Montreal!! It was the Speak Now World Tour and it was AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to see her again on June 14th 2013 in Toronto for the RED Tour!!!! SOOO Stoked!!! :) :)

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

NomadsGirl4ever wrote:
    The first time I saw Taylor was February 17, 2008 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando Florida.
    It was a standing room only venue and I got there at 8am and was the first one in line. I happened to see Taylor at 10am headed to Universal Studios and I tried my hardest to meet her but her security guards rushed me away. Taylor saw us but decided to just keep walking. I was so hurt and upset by her actions at this time. It turned me off a little from her after this but then I kept hearing people's stories about how sweet and nice she was so I decided it must of been an off day for her.

That's so sad and would put me off a bit too as it kind of hurts and is a bit humiliating, I have had it happen with others but Taylor is lovely so hopefully it was her security and not her and she may have had to be somewhere promptly for an interview or something. Glad you came back to be a swiftie though and hope you get to meet her eventually

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

In November In Westfield London when she turned on the lights. I couldn't see her properly though :( I HAVE TO SEE HER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hi :D

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Never.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I've never seen here live. My whole like year would be made if I could see her live and not just listen to her songs over and over on youtube.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Well it was weird because she was headed to Universal Studios. I can see her wanting to have fun before the show but we were the only fans that were out there. I thought it was rude she would acknowledge us but let her team be so rude. I have actually met her before and I know for a fact she is the sweetest person! She even gave me pit passes when I met her without even asking! :)

Hjessie wrote:
    NomadsGirl4ever wrote:

That's so sad and would put me off a bit too as it kind of hurts and is a bit humiliating, I have had it happen with others but Taylor is lovely so hopefully it was her security and not her and she may have had to be somewhere promptly for an interview or something. Glad you came back to be a swiftie though and hope you get to meet her eventually

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Never. Sort-of hard to explain...

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

During her Fearless Tour 2009. It was the first time I was really old enough to know that I wanted to go to a concert. I love that I got to see Taylor on her first headlining tour.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Never ever in my whole life have I seen Taylor Swift live, BUT!!! On September 6th, 2013 for the first time ever I will see her live! [=

Credit to MAZ for the amazing signature!!

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I saw her live for the first time a few months ago at the UK Radio 1 Teen Awards.

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

On a cloud.. with fairies.. in my dreams..

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

On April 29th, 2010!! I will never forget it!

RE: When was the first time you saw Taylor Live?

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Never :( I think about it all the time and it would be the most amazing thing ever! I'm from the UK so hopefully she'll announce some UK dates for the Red tour soon :)

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM

in April 2010--on her Fearless tour :D one of my favorite nights ever

Fearless: April 11,2010
    Speak Now: September 10, 2011

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

October 21, 2011 my year anniversary was one day before red came out! :)

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

June 8th 2011 in Milwaukee. This was the best day of my entire life, I got the tickets right the day before the concert, I was so excited. I was jumping on the beds all around the house. I could not wait until the next day!

I spoke now on June 8th 2011.

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

wonderstruck13uk wrote:
    Never :( I think about it all the time and it would be the most amazing thing ever! I'm from the UK so hopefully she'll announce some UK dates for the Red tour soon :)
    Taylor's taking the tour to the UK and the rest of the world after she's been on tour in the US. The atmosphere at the concerts is electric, definitely a great show. I hope when I go to see the Red tour, you're somewhere in the room :)

(Sorry if that last bit sounds creepy, I mean I hope you get to see it!)