Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Does your family know your Swifty side?

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Yes hahaha :) they get annoyed sometimes because i talk about her too much though :)
    ----------------------------------

credit: TheThirteenthFan/ animated by Swiftastic13
    avitar: LoveIsEndless

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

At first my parents were annoyed by my love for her, but after a while they started understanding how much I loved her.... or they THOUGHT they knew it, it's worse than they think They give their true opinion about what I tell them if it comes to Taylor, but it's mostly not a bad opinion, 'cause Taylor barerly does something wrong.
    My brother's annoying, as always. He doesn't even try a little bit to understand that I really DO love her. But he's old enough to at least see I love her, understanding it is different.

Will be remembered: Audriux3Accon
    Avi: TaylorSwiftFan

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Yes!! My mom loves her too. She even said : next time she comes to Belgium, I'm gonna go to her concert too :) But she just likes her music. And she watched the Speak now live tour DVD with me... That's it. I'm obsessed ! :p she's not :p

- In the real world, if you have something about yourself that's different, you're lucky. It's not a curse. -

- 03/06/2011

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Yeah lol, I never shut up going on about her. :P

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Everyone in my family makes fun of me on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure my mom is planning a Taylor Swift intervention for me. She did become a fan after the 13 hour M&G. She took my sister and I and absolutely loved Taylor and how genuine she was. She still doesn't get the level that I'm on, but she at least appreciates Taylor's music now.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I've sorta changed my mum into a Swifty! haha she loves her and came to the concert with me and next time Taylor tours, she will probably come again haha!
    She also watches the Speak Now live tour DVD with me and we'll be watching The Grammys together! Woooo :D

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yea they do lol, my whole family is happy i listen to her rather than lmfao or nikki minaj, which is good because I hate there music anyways :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw sparks fly, 9.1O.11.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Yes, my sister and even my 5 and 6 year old brothers sing along with me to Taylor. My Dad went with me to her Concert last year and he thinks she's nice but he doesn't like her music. And my mum, mh, I think she knows that I love Taylor but she doesn't understand how. ♥'

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

haha noooo, I have to act "normal" around my family. my mom thinks I'm mentally ill everytime I like something that she thinks is unrealistic. so liking a celebrity or a book or a movie is wrong :(
    she doesn't even know half of the things I bought in NYC, and she'll never know I have Wonderstruck or anything like it.

I'd love to have a family that at least accepted that you can like an artist and look up to that person, but unfortunately that's not my family :(

"When it`s real, you can`t walk away."

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Yep. I bore them to death with 'Oh my gosh Taylor Swift's got a new album coming out' or 'Can I have this magazine because Taylor Swift is on the cover' and things like that. With me, I think it's really a well-known fact around the whole family that I'm a Swiftie. They joke about it though, because they'll be like 'Awww can't you get that?' and 'Well, what a shame it hasn't been released here'. They don't mind though, I got them to come to the Speak Now concert with me in March last year and they came out of it saying they thought it was amazing and that they'd have to put her albums on their iPods.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Oh yeah, theres just no hiding it. Its just something that you know about me within 5 mins into talking to me. I just can't for the life of me not mention something Taylor related. My family is cool with it, at first they were like oh its a phase, now they have come to accept that Taylor is a part of the family :) My 3 yr niece knows Taylor more than she knows her cousins.
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2qa7r14.jpg

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Yep! My whole family LOVES Tay. We always go to concerts together, and we do special Taylor things things on the 13th of every month. I'm so glad that they are so supportive. :)

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Well both me and my sister love Taylor. So yeah pretty much my whole family knows about it :). They don't really mind though. My mums thinks I'm 'obsessed' :/, but never judges or says anything when I buy Taylor related stuff.
    She did call me 'crazy' when I said next time Taylor's in the UK I'm going to as many shows as I can afford, but she didn't say I was wasting my money or anything. She seems to respect mine and my sisters love for Taylor :).

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My mom, sister, dad, and most of my other family knows I have a HUGE Swiftie side! My mom and sister also like her, but nowhere NEAR as much as me
    Camryn

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, it's about how to dance in the rain' -Taylor Swift

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yeah, they do! Of course, my dad only thinks it's a fase. I've had some other celebrity obsessions, but this is completely different, this is a SWIFTsession. And thay was always on guys who I had a crush on.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

They 'know' about but they don't like it :P Haha I admit I do constantly talk about her etc and stuff, but they just don't like her. Basically my family is weird and un-fearless.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

YES.
    Except they think it's an unhealthy obsession of mine...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With your face and the beautiful eyes.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Yees, my whole family knows. They love hearing what I got to say about her but somtimes enough is enough :S :)
    My closes friends only know about my thing for Taylor. Taylor is like the best secret I've ever had.
    I just don't share what I love and like the most in the world. But maybe later I will when the secret is harder to keep :D

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Samez with kerri,
    They know about but think it unheathy :(
    Once when she was in Portland OR(9.6.11) they didnt let me enter a contest 2 meet her. :( :(
    "I would be enchanted to meet you"

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Yeah! They think it's pretty weird I think but my dad is obcessed in the same way with his favoruite bands so we have fun talking about it together!

I sort of forced her music on my brother and he likes her now as well!
    I'm just converting my whole family to swifties

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.