1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Monster in My Closet

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Has anyone ever found the 3page poem Taylor wrote?
It won a national poem contest... so someone somewhere must have it...

"There’s a monster in my closet and I don’t know what to do. Have you ever seen him? Has he ever pounced on you? I wonder what he looks like? And what about his size? Maybe he’s purple with red eyes."

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Monster in My Closet

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

No, Is that the full poem? Oh, and i wrote a poem by that style in school, limerick or something!
    And by the way, your eyes are dancin'
    Missing you like this is such sweet sorrow
    If you asked me if I loved him, I'd lie
    Didn't they need you bad enough
    Snap buttons on a denim shirt
    Laughed in the dark talkin bout your daddy's farm

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM

That's all I've seen of it, Taylor probably wants to keep it secret so she doesn't get embarrassed. I guess that's the first line of it.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No, I haven't but would certainly like to find it and/or her autobiography she wrote shortly after.

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I don't think Taylor has that poem anymore... and even if she has the poem, why would she be embarrassed? She won a national poem contest with it

I hope one day it will show up

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

lt13 wrote:
    No, I haven't but would certainly like to find it and/or her autobiography she wrote shortly after.

What??? Did she write a autobiography???
    Lol, that's so awesome... how old was she when she wrote that?

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Awe that's so cute!

Request here

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Actually she spent the summer writing a book. I believe it was called A Girl nmed Girl or something like that. I was incorrect in calling it an autobiography. She was 12 at the time circa 2002. The book was never published.

quote=neoswiftie]

lt13 wrote:

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I really want to look at the whole thing sometime! I love the first line you posted

^^ Made by moi

RE: Monster in My Closet

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I really want to read it :)
    Red on the 15th

Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I want to read this too both the book and the poem. She'll probably publish it later on :) I hope.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:11 AM

lt13 wrote:
    Actually she spent the summer writing a book. I believe it was called A Girl nmed Girl or something like that. I was incorrect in calling it an autobiography. She was 12 at the time circa 2002. The book was never published.

quote=neoswiftie]
    lt13 wrote:

It's called A Girl named Girl and as far as I know, no-ones seen it apart from maybe people who are close to her.

My graphic shop ^

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I've always wanted to read the full poem!

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I want to read both the book she wrote AND her poem! It'd be so cool to see how she's developed as a writer :)

1. SOUIAT 2. InLondonToday

October 22nd, this world will turn RED

I say

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I've never found the whole poem, I looked for it a while back but never found more than that first couplet. Would be really awesome to see the whole thing sometime though :)

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That sounds awesome! I really hope it shows up someday

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

that's really cool! how old was she when she wrote it?
    lol I love that it's got purple and red in it :)

by RedVelvet13
    Go here please before it's lost! http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2073831

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

well now i have to search the internet till i find it, but ive heard of it beforee

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Nope I've never read any of it not even those first few lines until they were posted here lol, I'd like to read the whole thing though.

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM

wonderstruck84 wrote:
    Nope I've never read any of it not even those first few lines until they were posted here lol, I'd like to read the whole thing though.

I found them not that long ago in a biography called Taylor Swift The Rise Of A Nashville Teen.

My graphic shop ^

Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM

By the sounds of those first couple of lines it sounds a lot better than anything I could have written at that age. By why does that surprise me, she's amazing with words!

forevernalways wrote:
    that's really cool! how old was she when she wrote it?
    lol I love that it's got purple and red in it :)

by RedVelvet13
    Go here please before it's lost! http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2073831

I noticed that too. She was clearly channeling her future albums that early on ;)