Taylor Connect
    1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

How to make a good sign?

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I'm going to the concert in June, and I was wondering how to make an eye catching sign with bright lights and stuff? Where can I get battery powered lights, and how can I make them work on the sign?
AmandaGrundle
MegaSwiftieAG

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

RE: How to make a good sign?

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM

If I were you, I would run out to the store and get multi colored battery powered Christmas lights before they get rid of them. otherwise, I would try the dollar store for battery operated closet lights.

Re: How to make a good sign?

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Also I would suggest using cardboard since it is stronger.

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hm... I would use cardboard, and cut out red or whatever you want, with a cooking knife. (I recommend hot gluing 2 or 1 single pieces of cardboard together so the lights won't weigh it down! do this before you cut!) Then take little skewers or something metal, and stick them in the holes in the cardboard. Then take the color of battery operated lights, and weave them around the sticks that you poked in the cardboard. When you are done with the with one letter, just go behind the cardboard, so people can not see the lights on the sign. before or after you are done cutting out the letters, I recommend spray painting the sign red or whatever color you want!

Hope this works!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/past_future_tours/2295753#post_18378613

My favorite Christmas movie of ALL TIME!

http://i46.tinypic.com/34obh9w.gif]

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Use blinking lights for the best effect!!

- credit LongLiveTay13

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I'm going to the concert in April!!! I'm not telling anyone my exact sign idea since I like to keep things unique. But like someone else already said, use cardboard but make sure you paint it so it looks good. Also if you dont want to use card board i reccomend foamboard. You can find it at most office supply stores (atleast where I live) and it is basically like really thick posterboard but with foam and its sturdy. Also get tons of glitter because we all know how much Taylor loves glitter. Also don't write anything to do with T-Party on the sign because a lot of people do that and they don't get picked. Come up with something original :) For battery powered Christmas Lights, check Target or Wal-Mart or something! Hope I helped you and have fun at the concert

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

cardboard with lights and/or glow in the dark paint!!!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

This is super helpful! I want to make an eye-catching sign as well!
    'Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right'

Come and check out my songwriting in my blogs! I would be Enchanted if you did!

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM

For glitter I recommend tubes of colored glitter glue. Silver is pretty but might not show up so well in the dark. Use a pencil to outline your words and trace. Our signs were super sparkly last time but we were on the floor so we couldn't have them, though we were picked by J to go backstage before the show and meet her so we took our signs back with us.
    Jennifer
    http://swiftsorority.webs.com/

Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I'm on the floor again for Red tour so I don't think I'll make a sign, but I'll sparklify a T-shirt and wear my unicorn mini costume with my feather wings to be a sparkly pegicorn, haha!
    Jennifer
    http://swiftsorority.webs.com/

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

the next concert I'll bring a sign that says I love you Taylor

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Oh my gosh you guys this is amazing! You guys are so helpful and these are amazing ideas! You have no idea how grateful I am for this, thank you so much!
    AmandaGrundle
    MegaSwiftieAG

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Make sure you check with your venue first before you make your sign - I made a sign for the Speak Now Tour, got to the door and had them taken away!!!

Oh and for glitter, one thing that I found really good to use is Glitter Spray Paint! In Australia you can also get spray paint that is fluro and shows up in the dark. Not sure if you guys have it in America though :)

Thankyou to 1) Me 2) the amazing heleh 3) the talented playfu

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Outbackswiftie13 wrote:
    Make sure you check with your venue first before you make your sign - I made a sign for the Speak Now Tour, got to the door and had them taken away!!!

Oh and for glitter, one thing that I found really good to use is Glitter Spray Paint! In Australia you can also get spray paint that is fluro and shows up in the dark. Not sure if you guys have it in America though :)

That is such an amazing idea.

I lovelovelove Taylor A. Swift

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

i love these ideas
    thank you so much izzy!

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM

swift wrote:
    i love these ideas
    thank you so much izzy!

yes

Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

FlippingMyWonderstruckCurls13 wrote:

Awwwww thankyou

Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Outbackswiftie13 wrote:
    FlippingMyWonderstruckCurls13 wrote:

Awwwww thankyou

your welcome!

http://i47.tinypic.com/24eryhk.png

Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM

thank you
    Taylor Swift

Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM

you should make a sign with pop-out letters(like a pop-up book), make it holograph,glow-in-the-dark,set off fireworks spelling out TAYLOR,get an inflatable taylor doll and attach it and see if you don't get picked.
    "Time won't fly - it's like I'm paralyzed by it. I'd like to by my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it." --TS

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.