1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Redecorating Bedroom! HELP!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Hey y'all! I have been meaning to redecorate my bedroom for a long time! I really want to have more of a Taylor vibe to it, but not over the top where the walls are covered with pictures and posters bc that could look a little obsessive haha. Right now I have a pretty good theme but I think I want to complete it and wrap it up with more Taylor-ish things!
My room right now:
vintage and travel
I have some Paris accents -paris suitcase, a vintage paris map
i have some pretty and colorful phoros from Morocco and other places
I have a vintage blue suitcase
I have a quilt-ish moroccan bed spread on a queen
I have a collage of Taylor posters on a wall -3 big, 2 small
I have my Taylor Swift merchandise kinda just sitting on my dresser
I've got Taylor shirts, tour book, song book, calendar, bracelets, wonderstruck and wonderstruck enchanted, samples of Wonderstruck and Wonderstruck Enchanted, The boxes of W and W.E., W.E. purse, cds of course, cow boy boots (I have always loved them even before i listened to Tay), lots of sundresses (they just hang in my closet), ukulele (yes I play it for real)
all my furniture is the same type of wood -kinda a light brown with a glossy finish
my room isn't tiny but it feels crammed and small bc I have a big dresser, a queen sized bed, a book shelf, a nightstand, and a guinea pig cage :)
light purple walls -i wish they were a bit darker, the light was from when i was little

New:
Any tips on how to make it more Taylor-ish?
-maybe some DIY ideas or where to purchase stuff to bring my room all together
What is a better way to display my Taylor merchandise?
Should I change to a trundle bed? (we have one in the guest room)
I want to get the Speak Now blanket but it is not in stock at the moment :(
-anywhere else to get it?
Tips in general?
How to make my room feel bigger? -probably the smaller bed haha

The reason why I don't want a full out Taylor room is bc I might grow out of it. I am a freshman in high school and when I am a senior I might not want it that way anymore. I still want Taylor accents though!!!! Thanks!
LONG LIVE Taylor Swift

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Redecorating Bedroom! HELP!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I totally understand the whole "not over the top Taylor" My room is very noticeable that I adore her, but not everything is Taylorized. I suggest looking for any wall decorations with birds. Taylor does love them! You can find reusable wall stickers for cheap prices, but they look great! Sparkles! A sparkles anything would look fantastic in any room and add a Taylor vibe :) You can find many music decorations at several home stores. Wire staves that hang on walls or jewlery holders, there are many music lovers out there so a big selection is out there for you! I saw a great idea I don't really know where for hanging greeting cards or pictures. It looks sort of antique and lovely. just stretch a wire from one wall to another and put clothes pins on top, pin with your favorite pictures!
    As for making your room seem bigger, a smaller bed would be much better (I have no idea what a trundle bed is though, sorry) I'm lucky enough to have a fairly large room, but even with all the space, I like to have an open area for doing anything. Since I like it this way, I try to arrange all my furniture so that most is on the sides and noting is just sitting in the middle. Once you mange to do this, get a nice rug to put there. That will draw people's attention to it instead of the size of the room.
    I have a friend whose dream is to become an interior designer, so she's doing lots of research on room decorating. I'll text her and get back to you with more ideas!
    Hope this helped so far!

Adorable siggy made by my amazing draw something buddy SparklyFearlessGirl13 ! You should really check out her graphic shop! They're really g

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I have a guinea pig cage too! Sorry didn't read about that before! I understand how they can take up a lot of room too! My piggies have a few too many toys, houses and accessories so I have this roll out countainer I keep under my bed with food, toys, etc. This saves a bit of space so there isn't a clutter of pig supplies laying on the floor. I don't know how you organize your piggies though, so I don know how this would help you!

Adorable siggy made by my amazing draw something buddy SparklyFearlessGirl13 ! You should really check out her graphic shop! They're really g

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

thanks so much! I have been reading lots of ideas! Yeah I think my main problem is the size of my room and storage. Im sure I will figure it out though
    LONG LIVE Taylor Swift

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I always had a small bed room

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I would try the smaller bed, that way you would have more room to move around.

^^^Heleh

^^^NotEvenCatLike

Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I made a Pinterest to inspire Taylor rooms. One board is inspired by Taylor's apartment/T-Party, and another is inspired by her actual room. Check it out http://www.pinterest.com/thankyoutswift