1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Did we start the fan names???

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM

It seems like we are the ones that started the fans name for an artist. What i mean to say is that before we started calling ourselves swifties other fans of other artist didnt call themselves belivers... or little monsters... dirctioners... etc..... it was us that started the fans names thing./ when we started calling ourselves Swifties...... right???

i rewrote it to be better understood... because i know we named ourselves swifties.... but what i meant to say is that if we hadnt started calling ourselves swifties.... other people that are fans of other artist would have started calling themselves thing like, belivers and directioners.. little monsters... etc...

just like ben affleck and jennifer lopez started the DARN!! mash-up couple name thing... we started the FANS NAMING THEMSELVES THING!!

Maybe not.... what do you think???

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Did we start the fan names???

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:20 AM

i think fan names have been going on for quite a while, but I think that's when fan names started getting BIG.

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/d2429125b9ee70b11b45659b61ec51a0.gif
    ^ thank you reshmi4bieber

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:34 AM

^ I know, right?!
    I mean.... i really think it was us. I dont remeber hearing anyone saying we are (blank) in relation to their favorite artist. it was just, we are fans of (blank)
    so.... we started the fan names!!!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Yeah!
    There were fan names but they weren't big until we started calling ourselves Swifties :)

I Spoke Now on September 27,2011
    Sep 27- I met some of the agency and dancers!!!
    BEST DAY EVER!
    I will be RED on June 2,2013(Floor seats! Sec FFF Row 8 Seats: 1 and 2

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM

That settles it! WE STARTED THE FAN NAME THING!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM

what were the other fan names before us???

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

That would be interesting to kno!

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I'll just add: W

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

When the old Taylor connect came out that's when I think the term "Swiftie" started getting big. I think I even remember a thread where people were talking about what name Taylor fans should be referred to and Swiftie was the favorite by most.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Yeah, on a interview Taylor was asked that, and she just said someone in the fandom thought of it.
    Then it eventually became A THING, wasn't on the old TC connect, so I'm a bit, out of the loop :(

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM

What i mean to say is fans (of any artist) never called themselves by a name.... not until US!! : D
    which... then became a thing and people of (blank) artist alos began to call themselves things like, believers and little monsters, dricetioners, etc..... but we started it all with SWIFTIES!! : D

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM

thats sooo cool

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

i rewrote it to be better understood... because i know we named ourselves swifties.... but what i meant to say is that if we hadnt started calling ourselves swifties.... other people that are fans of other artist would have started calling themselves thing like, belivers and directioners.. etc...

just like ben affleck and jennifer lopez started the DARN!! mash-up name thing... we started the FANS NAMING THEMSELVES THING!!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM

i think i got it!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I don't think "Swifties" started the fan name trend. A ton of fan names for currently famous celebrities started in 2009 - Katy Cats, Little Monsters, Barbies, etc. I think Beliebers became widely used in 2010, but it may have been used before then. Fan names seem more popular now, but even before all of those, there were Parrotheads (Jimmy Buffet fans), Blockheads (New Kids on the Block fans), Fanilows (Barry Manilow fans) and more.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM

yeah... but we made it extra popular. i think???

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM

also... taylor started before beaver FOR SURE! as well as katy perry. i dont know about googoo....hmm???

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM

ArieTSA wrote:

I think Beliebers really made it super popular

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Treacherous13 wrote:
    ArieTSA wrote:

I agree. Beliebers took everything about being a fan to a whole new extreme.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM

TaylorSwiftIs1 wrote:
    Yeah!
    There were fan names but they weren't big until we started calling ourselves Swifties :)

I Spoke Now on September 27,2011
    Sep 27- I met some of the agency and dancers!!!
    BEST DAY EVER!
    I will be RED on June 2,2013(Floor seats! Sec FFF Row 8 Seats: 1 and 2

"LOVE is a RUTHLESS GAME UNLESS YOU PLAY IT GOOD and RIGHT" - Taylor Swift

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

lovelovelovetaylor wrote:
    Treacherous13 wrote:
    ArieTSA wrote:

I agree. Beliebers took everything about being a fan to a whole new extreme.

they only have the 'craziness' thing... but they only started calling themsleves believers after swifties... started calling themselves... swifties.