1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Questions on Speak Now DVD

Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

About two months ago I bought the Speak Now tour dvd and just recently I found out most of it was filmed in San Jose which is close to where I live. I was surprised and really happy about that. Anyways here are some questions I got:

Why did they choose most of the San Jose performances to put on the DVD?

I noticed they used footage from both shows in San Jose ON THE SAME SONG like Last Kiss...I know they used film from both shows because I looked at Taylor's arms and the lyrics were different...why the heck would they do that? I'm bothered by this because it kinda doesn't make her performance feel live.

For those who've seen the tour outside of San Jose, does she always say something different or are they mostly the same?

Are there any other songs on the DVD where they used footage from both shows in San Jose?

Why would they add the part where Taylor greeted Chicago but not San Jose? Also after that part where she greeted Chicago, did it go back to San Jose's crowd where she talked about how she could hear fans through concrete?

This next question is sort of related to this topic...For those who have seen bands live, does it feel like all of them actually play live or do they sometimes pretend that they're playing the instruments but actually have an instrumental version of the song playing while the singer is the only one performing live? From looking at performances of different artists/musucians on TV, it sounds and feels like it wasn't live.

Was all the costume changing and transitioning from song to song really that fast like how the DVD shows it or did it take longer?

Any interesting facts about the SN dvd?

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Questions on Speak Now DVD

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I live in San Jose and attended her show I am pleased and shocked to know the coverage was from our shows Cool Sorry I am not answering your questions
    Swiftie Forever!!

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:05 AM

I don't know, I'm sure they don't do playback. And I saw the dvd and i'm pretty sure that Drops Of Jupiter is recorded in California, isn't it?

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I think they took different footage of different shows not just one and edited them together to make it feel like one concert instead of pieces of several different ones.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

They took different videos from different shows to make it look.....different.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I think the videos are different because they picked her best performances to feature on the DVD. That's why at one point, the song lyrics on her arm changed, then changed back.

And about the change between costumes and sets,
    I think they dim the lights and play some music over the speakers until Taylor and The Agency are set to play again. : D

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Actually I didn't mind them putting performances from different shows for the whole concert however what bothered me was them using video from BOTH shows in San Jose on ONE song like Last Kiss. Also can anyone else answer my other questions? Thanks.

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM

That's proabaly so it gets to look like an even better perfomance, though it's weird...
    Hold on To this lullaby, even when the music's gone...

this amazing graphics is made by TaylorFanDenmark

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

They always play live, it may not look like it but trust me, it's real......

1) gabbylove13 2) Kaylee[/signature]

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Sorry I cant answer any questions but they also put LA! I remember because I was there when she did Fearless on the ukele I have it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "LOVE is a RUTHLESS GAME UNLESS YOU PLAY IT GOOD and RIGHT" - Taylor Swift

Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

It's quite common to do that. It's even done on CDs where they can use 4 shows sometimes and pick the best tracks.

They use multiple cameras but at one point on let's say Last Kiss, Taylor sang one verse to her left
    but camera man was on her right. He would film her looking away which might not show up well for whatever reason. If they had better footage from the next show, they could take that and splice it in.

There are also sometimes entire songs swapped out if maybe she was too far from the mic or too close. Sometimes you turn your head to sing to another part of the crowd and the mic doesn't pick up your voice well. I know personally from having performed live.

My beef is they didn't use the show intro which is so very possible. Just going into the song, Sparks Fly took out the excitement and suspense.

Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Thanks. Anyone know why they chose San Jose? San Jose is a big city but I'd think Taylor would've wanted most of the concert footage from New York, Nashville or L.A.