1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

"SWIFTIES"

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

does anyone know who came up with name "swifti" for taylor's fans? i was just wondering :)

NEED FASHION ADVICE? ^CLICK HERE!!!

[url=http://i49.tinypic.com/66ywwy.jpg]http://i49.tinypic.com/66ywwy.jpg[/url][/i[/signature]

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: "SWIFTIES"

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM

i have wondered that before too

Me

KittyWinterSHVH

Heather

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

The fans named themselves it and it just stuck:)

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM

the fans just kinda started calling themselves swifts
    Don't you worry your pretty little mind...cuz I really do love you :)

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Re:

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Taylor mentioned during an interview on Ellen that she told the director of Valentine's Day to call her "Swiftie" to differentiate between her and Taylor Lautner. That's the first thing I can think of where Taylor mentioned the term. The interview happened in October of 2009. I personally don't like the term, but Taylor and other fans seem to.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM

cool!

NEED FASHION ADVICE? ^CLICK HERE!!!

[url=http://i49.tinypic.com/66ywwy.jpg]http://i49.tinypic.com/66ywwy.jpg[/url][/i[/signature]

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM

lovelovelovetaylor wrote:
    Did it originate because Taylor mentioned during an interview on Ellen that she told the director of Valentine's Day to call her "Swiftie" to differentiate between her and Taylor Lautner? That's the first thing I can think of where Taylor mentioned the term. I personally don't like it, but it seems to be the only fan name out there for Taylor fans.

If I had to make a guess I'd say that's where it's from as well

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

MyWinterFirefly wrote:
    Did it originate because Taylor mentioned during an interview on Ellen that she told the director of Valentine's Day to call her "Swiftie" to differentiate between her and Taylor Lautner? That's the first thing I can think of where Taylor mentioned the term. I personally don't like it, but it seems to be the only fan name out there for Taylor fans.

If I had to make a guess I'd say that's where it's from as well

Yeah, me too. xx

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I think that it was an obvious name. Taylor Swift. Swift is quite an unusual name and can be added a simple y on the end to make it sound pretty. Taylor cannot be kind of like derived and can be mistaken for another celebrity.

I sing and play guitar and piano. Add me? Xxx

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM

i guess 1 fan just started and so and so on

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

One of the many things I have wondered in my life.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/frogo3000/3e9e31bba[/signature]

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Taylor mentioned during an interview on Ellen that she told the director of Valentine's Day to call her "Swiftie" to differentiate between her and Taylor Lautner. That's the first thing I can think of where Taylor mentioned the term. The interview happened in October of 2009. I personally don't like the term, but Taylor and other fans seem to.

*signature made by glitterandsparklydresses

the valintine's day nic-name was Swifty not swiftie. i signed on to TC feb.10/2010 and in reading some older posts and threads, there was discussion of what to call ourselfs. there was an opinion that Swifty was taylor's name and ours should be different---Swiftie--- i am a Swiftie---we are Swifties. but some did not agree. so some call themselfs Swifty---i am a swifty---we are Swiftys.
    (i spell rotton) . and the grammer police are taking me away to grammer jail.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM

My nine year old daughter made cupcakes on Taylor's recent birthday and wrote 13 on her hand for the day. She then sang the song "22" but sang "23" instead. Does this qualify her as a "swiftie"? I think it does!

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM

SARAH-TAYLORFAN wrote:
    My nine year old daughter made cupcakes on Taylor's recent birthday and wrote 13 on her hand for the day. She then sang the song "22" but sang "23" instead. Does this qualify her as a "swiftie"? I think it does!

What does that have to do with this?

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Iknewyouweretrouble23 wrote:
    SARAH-TAYLORFAN wrote:

you are the worst fucking person ever

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:55 PM

1_madeline_3 wrote:
    SARAH-TAYLORFAN wrote:

For asking a question ?that makes me the worst person ever??

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM

1_madeline_3 wrote:
    SARAH-TAYLORFAN wrote:

Yes..because you're making fun of a kid

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM

1_madeline_3 wrote:
    1_madeline_3 wrote:
    SARAH-TAYLORFAN wrote:

Yes..because you're making fun of a kid

No I'm not I just asked what I had to do with this.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Fetching user quote, Please Wait...

Made by Camryn

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM

i dont even know i was a fan before ppl started naming their fans!! and i know that rushers came before any other one but then ppl were all like "directioners" and "belibers" n idk?!?! I just kinda went with it

both of these graphics were made by the talented AnnieAnh987