1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
    1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
    1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
    1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
    2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
    5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Thankful for another year with Taylor.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM

This year has been pretty tough. I can say that I'm not the same person I was in 2011. I was diagnosed with something this year and I got depression as well. It has been hard and scary but Taylor was with me through it all. She's the reason why I'm still sane right now, why I'm still fighting. I could be crying one second, and then I put her music on and I feel 100% much better. I wish I could hug Taylor right now and thank her for everything she's done for me. She will always be my inspiration and hero. She's my best friend and a huge part of my life. I also love TC so much for always being there for me. I can always come here and talk about Taylor without being judged. Thank you.

Why are you thankful for Taylor this year? :)

Swiftie since 2007
I will be Red on August 23rd.

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Thankful for another year with Taylor.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about you having a tough year. Taylor is so amazing for how she helps us. I'm glad she has helped you and I hope you get to meet her one day :)

I'm thankful for having Taylor and her music in my life. She's helped me so much over the years. I'm thankful for Red getting released and having new music by her to listen to :)
    Thank You Daya!

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I am thankful for Taylor this year because this year, wow. It's been the toughest year of my life. There's been so much drama and stress and as a result of it, I cut myself. At first, it felt like it was helping everything but in the long run, all it did was ruin my life. It was definitely a scary time for me. I had to figure out other waysto deal with it and the first thing I thought of was listening to music. Taylor. I turned to Taylor and her music for support every time I felt like doing it and I got by. I've only ever done it once and that's because of Taylor. I just wish she knew how much she's done for me. She is my everything, and the only reason why I'm still alive today.

Also, this year has been crazy with things to do with boys. Whenever I was upset by something a boy had done, I could always find a Taylor song that I could completely relate to. It made me feel like I had someone there who understood what I was going through. Like I wasn't alone. It's a nice feeling to have.

And you guys here on Taylor Connect. You guys have been here for me since November 2010. 2 years. That's a long time. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you to Emily, Tina, JD, Dan, Alexis, Rachel, Zoe-Lynne, Kay, Mia, Anel, Louise, Leah, Gilbert, Jess and everyone on the Australia thread. I love you more than you'll ever know.

I just wish she would read this and know how thankful I am for all the support she's given me this year. I can't even say thank you enough.

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Yes, thank you, Taylor! This has been a great year with the wrapping up of the Speak Now tour and the release of Red.
    2013 is going to be even better! : D

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I am thankful for Taylor and her music, because even though I didn't have a hard year, when I had a hard day, I was able to listen to her music, and things became alright.
    I Spoke Now on August 27, 2011

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I love reading all of these stories! Taylor needs to see these posts! :)
    Thank You Daya!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I am too. I mean life hits you hard and sometimes knocks you down. At times you just need someone to lift your spirits. Taylor has done that for not only me, but alot of people obviously. She's great and just seems to be getting better and better. I've said it many times, but as great of a music artist as she is her best quality is without question her kindness and great heart. She's by far the most kind and classy celebrity I've ever seen. The Red album was awesome. I think a perfect blend of country and pop. The creativity that Taylor presents in her music is just incredible as her overall lyrical talent. For me personally when my aunt died a couple of months I was absolutely devastated. About year before that a close friend of mine. This last year hasn't been easy at all for me, but I survived it in large part Taylor and also the great friends here at Taylor Connect. ForeverEnchanted13, Lonliness, Illinois Country Fan, Moonstorm5000, mpdporter13Swiftie, and several others. It'd be literally impossible to name everyone that has helped me. I love all of you very much. Life is so difficult you need great friends who are there for you no matter what, to have someone like Taylor who can really help you and get you through all of it. I can't thank all those people enough. That's the reason I'm still alive. If Taylor wasn't apart of my life and I didn't have the awesome friends that I have here there's no way I would've survived the last year. Not a chance. I'm forever grateful for all those great people who have helped me. I can't thank y'all enough. It's been a fun ride and look forward to many more years.

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I'm glad because of Taylor in my life. She changed it completely :)

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM

FearlessDreamer09 wrote:
    I love reading all of these stories! Taylor needs to see these posts! :)
    Thank You Daya!

Yeah. A few posts sum up most of the things Taylor had done to/for us knowingly or unknowingly. I guess Taylor probably made a difference to our lives which is why we're here

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I'm so sorry you've had a tough year. Always remember you're not in this alone! Us here at TC are your family & you can always talk to us! Taylor will also, ALWAYS be here for you! If you ever need to talk or anything....just PM me!

I'm thankful for having Taylor in my life another year. Her music is wonderful, she is wonderful, the way she contributes to charities & other important things in society is wonderful. I just love having her to look up too & to always see what amazing things she's gunna do next that'll impact so many of us in a positive way!

9.18.08 was a Fairytale!
    I was Fearless on 8.30.09!
    Long Live 10.11.11!

Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Oh yes, I've felt thankful for a lot more things, Taylor helped me see this. I always used to be shy, but Taylor made me confident. Plus, I've had a hard year with friendships, Taylor makes the world seem a better place.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^